Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokegym Fantasy Football: End of Season Topic (with Next Year Planning)

Cheater Hater

It's been a great season everyone, so let's look at the final standings:
1st: BLiZzArD--------------BLiZzArD (11-3, 2-0)
2nd: Gridiron Greats-------Hurricane Warty (10-4, 1-1)
3rd: Xatu------------------Cheater Hater (9-5, 2-1)
4th: Play to Win the Game--Pidgeotto Trainer (8-6, 1-2)
5th: Ruiner----------------ToysRUsKid (7-7, 1-1)
6th: The Indian------------hinduplaya (6-8, 0-2)
7th: Plusle and Minun------Dendrobatida (6-8)
8th: The Moonanites--------clement30 (5-9)
9th: T-Tar-----------------empoleonperson (4-10)
10th:Lovie's Firm Armpits--bullados (4-10)
Congratulations to BLiZzArD for taking the top spot in the league. Amazingly, he did it with no true standouts back in Week 1 (other than maybe Westbrook). No, his true success was with his waiver wire pickups, including Derek Anderson, Kurt Warner, and many others, and he did this with quality, instead of quantity (he had only half the moves of the leader, Play to Win the Game).

As this season comes to a close, lets start looking at ways to improve for next year:

1. Would anyone object to ending the league in Week 16? You saw how many backups were playing in the last week as teams had locked up the playoffs. Should we decide the championship based on who can play the best backups?

2. Yes, I still want to make the roster smaller. Here's what my ideal roster would look like:
1 QB (we saw the obvious problems as the QB's kept getting injured, and this also allows change 3 to occur)
2 RB (unchanged)
2 WR (reduced to reduce bulk, as we already have one W/T slot, and do we need 4 WR's?)
1 TE (unchanged)
1 W/T (unchanged)
1 W/R (unchanged)
1 K (unchanged)
1 DEF (see above and below)
0 D (it seems to be an unnecessary complication, but this is the one I'd most easily reverse)
6 Bench (fewer starters, smaller bench)
Again, nothing is set in stone yet, but I'm just bringing it up for discussion.

3. With the QB/DEF changes, I'd want to increase the max league size to 12, mainly because of the remarkable activity rate this year (by far the best I've seen).

Again, congratulations to BLiZzArD for winning the championship, and thank you all for a great year.
P.S. If you want to join next year, I generally post the sign-up topic in early August, and we'll draft in mid-late August.

DEF is a lot simpler to work with than QBs. QBs get injured. DEF don't. They just have Bye weeks. I like the QB getting reduced to one, less thrilled about DEF reduced to 1. WR should be 2 with the two flex positions.

PPR staying around? I forget the points system exactly. I Like fractional points. Any other points catagories? If so, what are they? I know that stuff like yards, TDs, fumbles, and the like should be included. What about some of the other "marginal" points stuffs? Receptions? Carries? 2PC? Stuff like that.

Personally, I like bigger rosters. So what if you have to rely on a bottom half QB? There's still important decisions on which one to take a chance on.

DEF is a lot simpler to work with than QBs. QBs get injured. DEF don't. They just have Bye weeks. I like the QB getting reduced to one, less thrilled about DEF reduced to 1. WR should be 2 with the two flex positions.

PPR staying around? I forget the points system exactly. I Like fractional points. Any other points catagories? If so, what are they? I know that stuff like yards, TDs, fumbles, and the like should be included. What about some of the other "marginal" points stuffs? Receptions? Carries? 2PC? Stuff like that.
I know what you mean about the DEF, but the problem is that I want to go to 12 teams, where you simply run out of players.
As for the point system, you can look it up on the Yahoo site, but here are some basics:
All TD's: 6 points
Passing Yards: 1 point per 50 yards
Rushing/Receiving Yards: 1 point per 20 yards
Receptions: 0.5 point each
Those are the basic offensive scoring categories.

In any given week, there are a minimum of 28 available defenses. Only about 3 of them are every week starters. The rest are flexible teams that you can pretty much add and drop as you wish. That's 4 teams left over after a 12 team roster and two DEF per team.

The reason that 2 QBs wasn't enough was because the QB position is flexible. Only about 10 teams have an every-week starter. The rest are either modular or have injuries. The DEF position is much more stable than the QB position, and it's more able to withstand the loss of a single player to injury.

I've always liked 1 QB only in fantasy football. There just aren't enough reliable options in the NFL to go 2 deep, especially with 12 teams. 0 individual defender's I like too. I've never played in a league with individual D before, and it didn't seem to bring a whole lot to the table. You just find two guys and plug them in and basically forget about it the rest of the year. I think 3 WRs is best though, since every team goes at least 2 deep in WRs who get plenty of looks, and putting it down to 2 would make your WR choices less difficult and less important I think. I'm always a fan of smaller rosters, but you can go too small.

Eh, 1 QB

2 Defenses is what I like.

and Keep 2 Defensive players. I think tis pretty sad that my 2nd highest player that brought points in was Patrick Willis (THE BEAST btw). So yah. 2 Defensive players. So only changes I see is uhh 1 QB.

God my injuries sucked this year, worse than 2 years ago.

bullados: First, it's 26 minimum (there are 2 6-team bye weeks), and what if even 3 owners decide to keep a backup DEF, you could be left with nothing. If we limit the number of DEF on the roster to 2 (to try to stop that), you'd always have to release a DEF to add one (even on, say, the Patriots' bye). It's simple: If we go 2 QB and/or DEF, we have 10 owners max. As for the QB stability, that supposed to be solved by the "Team QB" option, but I can't find that option on Yahoo.

HurricaneWarty: Right now we have 4 WR spots, counting the W/T slot (which will be used for a WR about 95% of the time), which really strains depth. This doesn't even count the W/R (the "flex").

Any thoughts about Week 17?

Back