Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

PokeGym's Card of the Day FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokePop

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to PokeGym's Card of the Day Forum.
A lot of sites have a "Card of the Day" review that features opinions on cards by a few writers. Some reviews are great, some not. Haven't you ever wanted to get in there and post what you know is the real deal about the card, what can make it shine or why it should sit in a binder?

Well, that's how it will work on the 'Gym!
Our reviews will be what our entire membership thinks of the card!
We'll pick a card each day to be reviewed. The topic for it will be open for 48 hours. During that time, each and every member will have to ability to tell what they think about that card, how well it ranks in different formats, and whether it will be a deck staple.

Some review guidelines:

If you wish to rate the card on a scale, us a scale of 1-10, where 1 is a card that shouldn't have been printed and 10 is card that should have 4 copies in every deck.

Formats to be considered are Modified, Limited (Draft and/or Sealed), and Unlimited. You can rate a card in each of these, or whichever ones you want. But please do specify which format you are considering the card in.

After 48 hours, the topic will be auto-locked and the topic will be kept available for members to refer to in the future. The topic name will include the date the review was started and the card name, so it will be easy to scan the forum and find a card of interest.

Finally, write a review of what you think about the card, not what you think of other's review of the card or what you think of other members. Posts that get off topic (the card!), will be deleted.

Enjoy!

The Management

If you guys really want to make "First " posts, keep it to just that, "First!", and then give a good review of the card. Any posts of a lone 'First!' will be considered as off topic and handled as such.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally, write a review of what you think about the card, not what you think of other's review of the card or what you think of other members. Posts that get off topic (the card!), will be deleted.

First post deleted!
In case it wasn't clear, comments on other members' review in your review gets the whole post deleted.
Your review stands on it's own merits.

I have posted this before but i just want to make sure everyone gets the picture:

I couldn't help but notice that some good cards card were getting below par ratings, or some people give every card of the day constant "95/100!"... which would be okay if the rating scale was better understood. a 5/10 means average, 7/10 means good, and a ten means excellent. (approximately, 2 times better than an average card and a staple in most decks such as Bebe's or Rose's Research.)
A good way to determine what ratting a card should get would be to determine how man y good decks the card appears in. A 9/10 card appears in about 5/7 decks (Claydol) while a 7/10 appears in about 3/8 decks. So long as a card can make at least 2/7 good decks run a bit more efficiently, it deserves a 5 or above. Yay first post!?:pokeball:

Hey, can I post a tip to help not get under the influence of what others think? If so, maybe just look at the card, post your review, and THEN look at everyone else's reviews. Sorry if this isn't allowed, I'm very new to the 'Gym, but I hope this helped!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back