Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemillionaire III: A WINNER HAS BEEN DECIDED!!!!!

Postdog2Gengar

Hello again! Regis Postdog here, with another mind-numbing edition of (in echo voice) WHO WANTS TO BE A POKEMILLIONAIRE!!!

This edition is the same as the last. For those of you who have not played before, here's the rules:

The rules are much like the rules of the TV show, Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. Every couple of days, I will post a question on this thread. If you answer the question right, you will move up a step on this scale:

1. $100
2. $200
3. $300
4. $500
5. $1000*
6. $2000
7. $4000
8. $8000
9. $16000
10. $32000*
11. $64000
12. $125000
13. $250000
14. $500000
15. $1000000

Notice the asterisks by $1000 and $32000. Those mean that if, at any time, you miss a question after those, you will simply fall back to that dollar amount. If you do not have either of these and you miss a question, you will lose everything. At any time, if you do not know a question, you may stop and keep the money you have earned. The game ends when we go through all 15 rounds, or when only one player remains. The player with the most money at the end of 15 rounds or until only one remains wins the title (in echo voice) REGIS POSTDOG'S MASTER OF POKEMON TRIVIA!!! (No actual prizes or money are awarded. Sorry :()

It would be really fun if we could get a couple of mods to play this time as well. Everyone is welcome.

I would also like to acknowledge our two-time winner and reigning champion, Pidgeotto Trainer.

Ok, here's the question for Round 1. Please Send me a Private Message. Do not post the answer here. I will accept answers until 9:00 Central Standard Time (CST) on Saturday, November 8. Normally, I will not go this long; I just want to get a lot of members in to start.

What is the name of the town that you start in on Ruby and Sapphire?

Last edited:
Kyogre, I said to send me a private message. I will not disqualify you now, but I will have to change the question. If you already sent in an answer, don't worry about it. I will count your answers. Also, I must start the questions out fairly easy, Kyogre. That is the only way people can get to play, and that is the way that it happens in the real show. Here is the new question. The due date is the same.

In what town does your dad own a gym in Ruby and Sapphire?

Ok, It's only 5:00 CST now, but I'm gonna go ahead and end this Round, since I haven't gotten replies for like 3 days, and, in the famous words of Alan Jackson, "It's Nine O'Clock Somewhere." (Or something like that :rolleyes: ). So, Round 1 is over, and I will no longer be accepting answers for this question. The following people have moved on to Round 2:

Arthas Zero
Djcati
Pidgeotto Trainer
The Fish King
Eevee 234
RaNdOm
FlipsAreCool
BLiZzArD
dktates

EDIT: Dang, it seems like I forget this every time. The answer was Petalburg.

Ok, here's the question for Round 2. I will accept answers until 9:00 CST on Wednesday.

Just a reminder, please put the Round and/or Question number in the title of your PM.

How many link cables are needed to link 4 Game Boy Advances together to do a 2 on 2 battle in Ruby and Sapphire?

Last edited:
You know, I've noticed something about this: almost all the questions are about something relating to the video games. It wasn't so bad in the 1st Pokemillionare, but in the second one most of the questions were about the video games, and all the questions for this one so far have been as well. I understand and agree that some of the questions should be from the games, but couldn't you do more from the anime, the TCG, etc.? I don't have any of the video games(or even a Game Boy/Color/Advance), and I have no clue about most of the questions you're asking. I don't know how many other people like me there are here, that might want to play this but can't even get in the first round because they know little or nothing about the video games, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were. For the next Pokemilloinare, could you make the questions a little more varied so people like me could play if we wanted to? Or better yet, there should be different Pokemillionares: one for the video games, one for the TCG, one for the anime, etc.(I know that would be a lot of work, but, hey, I can dream, can't I?). Also, what's the answer for round 1? You didn't say. Thanks for reading!

Ok, there have been a few topics that I need to clear up.

1. Shining Umbreon, I see your need. However, this is just the second question. There are 13 more to go. I promise you that I will not make all of the questions about the video games, though they are just a broad topic, and I can easily find something to get an easy question from from the games, and that is why I usually use them on the early questions.

2. For question number 2, I was referring to Standard, Nintendo, Game Boy Advance link cables, nothing made by any other manufacturer than Nintendo.

3. I have had a request to postpone the date for the upcoming question 3. As of now, the due date for that question will be this Sunday. Nothing to worry about now; just a heads up.

Round 2 is over; I will no longer be accepting answers for this question. The following people have moved on to Round 3:

Arthas Zero
Pidgeotto Trainer
The Fish King
BLiZzArD

The answer was 3 Link Cables.

Ok, here's the question for Round 3. I will accept answers until 9:00 CST on Sunday. (This date is due to the request I got to lengthen just this one, because he/she is going out of town.)

How many expansions of Pokemon Cards has Nintendo released thus far (not counting Dragon)?

Last edited:
Round 3 is over; I will no longer accept answers for this question. The following people have moved on to Round 4:

Arthas Zero
Pidgeotto Trainer
The Fish King
BLiZzArD

The answer was 2 - Ruby/Sapphire and Sandstorm.

Ok, here's the question for Round 4. I will accept answers until 9:00 CST on Wednesday.

What is the release date for the EX: Dragons Expansion?

Round 4 is over; I will no longer be accepting answers to this question. The following people have moved on to Round 5:

Arthas Zero
Pidgeotto Trainer
The Fish King
BLiZzArD

The answer was November 24, 2003, although I did accept November 24 as well.

This next question is the all-important $1,000 question. Get this right, and you are insured $1,000 no matter what happens. I will accept answers until 9:00 CST on Friday.

What attack was Genesis Sneasel famous for?

All of the answers are in, so I am going to move on to Round 5. The following people have moved on and are guaranteed $1,000:

Arthas Zero
Pidgeotto Trainer
The Fish King
BLiZzArD

The answer was, the famous (or infamous) Beat Up.

Ok, here's the question for Round 6. I will accept answers until 9:00 CST on Monday (November 24).

What attack is Base Set Charizard famous for?

Round 6 is over, and I will no longer be accepting answers to this question. The following people have moved on to Round 7:

Arthas Zero
Pidgeotto Trainer
The Fish King
BLiZzArD

The answer was Fire Spin.

Also, for future reference, if you are not able to reply for some reason, (ie: a vacation or being sick), please tell me as soon as possible, and I will extend the deadline.

Ok, here's the question for Round 7. I will accept answers until 9:00 CST on Friday.

Who is the League Champion in R/B/Y?

Last edited:
Round 7 is over; I will no longer be accepting answers to this question. The following people have moved on to Round 8:

Arthas Zero
Pidgeotto Trainer
The Fish King
BLiZzArD

The answer was your rival. I did not accept any name, because your rival can be named anything.

Ok, here's the question for Round 8. I will accept answers until 9:00 CST on Monday.

Which of the following is not currently an EX Pokemon?

Groudon EX
Wailord EX
Kabutops EX
Blastoise EX

Whoops, sorry, I thought I already posted it. Ok, Round 8 is over, and I will no longer be accepting answers to this question. The following people have moved on to Round 9:

Arthas Zero
Pidgeotto Trainer
The Fish King
BLiZzArD

The answer was (probably obviously) Blastoise EX.

Ok, here's the question for Round 9. I will accept answers until 9:00 CST on Saturday. Remember, they will start to get harder from now on.

Name a mouse Pokemon besides Pikachu Raichu, or Pichu.

EDIT: I am not looking for a fire mouse, water mouse, anything like that. Just a "Mouse Pokemon."

Last edited:
Back