Pokemillionaire IV: The Force is Strong with This One...

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by Postdog2Gengar, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Postdog2Gengar

Postdog2Gengar New Member

POSTDOG2GENGAR HAS RETURNED, AND WITH AN ALL-NEW ROUND OF THE POKEGYM'S BIGGEST HIT TRIVIA SENSATION: WHO WANTS TO BE A POKEMILLIONAIRE!!!

Well, well, it is I, Regis Postdog again, and with an all-new round of Pokemillionaire. Now, to celebrate the arrival of the new game show on ABC, Super Millionaire, I will make Pokemillionaire history by featuring Lifelines at your disposal!!!

But, let's not jump into things. First, I'll review the rules for those of you who do not know them. If you do know them, then go ahead and skip down to the part about the new lifelines; you'll want that.

Ok, for you newbies out there, here's how it's done. Basically, this game runs very similarly to the game show, Who Wants to Be a Millionaire. If you're not familiar with that show, this is how it works: Contestants try to win one million dollars by answering 15 questions in sucession, with a dollar value at each question. The dollar values multiply as follows:

1. $100
    2. $200
    3. $300
    4. $500
    5. $1,000*
    6. $2,000
    7. $4,000
    8. $8,000
    9. $16,000
    10. $32,000*
    11. $64,000
    12. $125,000
    13. $250,000
    14. $500,000
    15. $1,000,000

You'll notice that I places asterisks (*) by the $1,000 and $32,000 marks. These are checkpoints. If you miss a question before $1,000, you will automatically loose all of the money that you have gained, and be out of the game. If you miss a question after the $1,000 mark, instead of loosing, you will simply slide back to that mark. The same goes for $32,000.

For example: Let's say John Doe has managed to get $8,000. However, he then misses the $16,000 question. Because he has passed one of the checkpoints (in this case, $1,000), he will simply slide back to that dollar amount.

I'll post a question every so often on this thread. Send your answer to me via Private Message, which is accessable from your User CP, which you can click on at the top of this screen. DO NOT POST THE ANSWER HERE.

Whoever has the most money accumulated at the end of 15 questions (or until we have one player left) wins.

LIFELINES! MAKE SURE TO READ! Ok, as I said before, in celebration of Super Millionaire's release, I have devised two new lifelines for you to use. The first is similar to phone a friend (and please refer to it as this when using it). PM me and tell me you want to use this, and I'll give you a clue as to the answer, to you and to you only. The second is similar to 50/50 (and again, please refer to it as this when using it). I will cut out an answer from the question that you are stuck on for you and you only. Note that this can only be used on a question with multiple answers.

And for all legal reasons, no actual prizes or money are awarded, though you will be crowned (in echo voice)REGIS POSTDOG'S CHAMPION OF POKEMON TRIVIA!!!!!

At this point, I would also like to recognize Three-Time Master of Regis Postdog's Pokemon Trivia and Reigning Champion: Pidgeotto Trainer.

Well, good luck, and here's the first question. I will accept answers until 9:00 CST on Saturday. Normally, I will not wait this long, but I want to give people time to sign up. If you ever have a problem on sending the answer in in the time given (family vacation, for instance), then simply PM me and I will arrange it (however, I hold the right to refuse this service to anyone).

Please also rememeber that the questions will get gradually harder as the game progresses.

Here's the question: How many Pokemon is it possible for you to have in play at once in a standard Pokemon Trading Card Game Battle?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2004
  2. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

team or regular?

Only your own Pokemon, or all Pokemon in play (yours and opponent's)?

3. Postdog2Gengar

To clarify:

By standard, I meant a reuglar, one-on-one match.

Your Pokemon only (not counting your opponnet's).

4. Postdog2Gengar

UPDATE...

Because I want to get in as many players in as possible for this game, I am extending the current due date to Wednesday, April 7 at 9:00 CST.

5. |PoKeY|

|PoKeY| New Member

umm ill do it but im a lil hazy on the way the game will be played, i know the rules like the show...

6. Postdog2Gengar

Here's the general lowdown:

I'll post a trivia question here every few days. You simply send me a private message with the answer, and you move up the dollar ladder. Whoever gets to $1 million or is the only one left is the winner.

7. Postdog2Gengar

Ok, well I have a fair number of replies, so here we go. Round 1 is closed, and I will no longer be accepting answers to this question. The following people have moved on to Round 2:

Bullados
    Pidgeotto Trainer
    Pythagoras
    Psycho_Lugia_X
    professorbix
    |PoKeY|
    Eevee234

You have all earned $100 (but, remember, you are not guaranteed this yet. You will lose it if you miss a question before $1,000).

The answer was 6: 1 Active, up to 5 Benched.

Ok, here's the question for Round 2. I will accept answers until 9:00 CST on Monday (4/12/04). This should give you ample time to send in yoru answer.

What is the name of the Professor who gives you a Pokemon in the beginning of Pokemon Ruby or Sapphire?

Side Note: I have had complaints in the past about an abundance of questions on electronic games. Although some questions in Pokemillionaire 4 will pertain to the video games, the questions will cover a very broad range of topics, and will not be based on the games.

8. Postdog2Gengar

Ok, hey, I'm really sorry about the lack of replies. I've been busy practicing for my area's Solo and Ensemble contest a lot, and I hadn't gotten around to getting on the internet at my house. Ok, sorry about this, and I'll try to avoid doing it again. Anyway, Round 2 is over, and I will no longer be accepting answers to this question. The following people have moved on to Round 3:

Psycho_Lugia_X
    |PoKeY|
    Pythagoras
    Pidgeotto Trainer
    bullados
    Eevee234

The answer was Professor Birch.

Ok, here's the question for Round 3. I will accept answers until 9:00 CST on Saturday. Also, this will be your first multiple choice question. If you want to use your second life line, please PM me.

What Pokemon TCG card contains the following text:

Draw 2 Cards.

A. Pokeball
    B. Bill
    C. Professor Oak
    D. Professor Elm

9. Postdog2Gengar

Round 3 is over; I'll no longer be accepting answers to this question. The following people have moved on to Round 4:

|PoKeY|
    Pythagoras
    Pidgeotto Trainer
    bullados
    Eevee234

The answer was B. Bill.

Ok, here's the question for Round 4. I'll accept answers until 9:00 CST on Saturday (I know that the school year may be drawing to a close in some places, and you might have tests and projects this week, and so do I).

How many tails does Tauros have?

A. 1
    B. 2
    C. 3
    D. 5

10. Postdog2Gengar

Again, sorry for the long waiting time. This will get better as we near summer. Anyway, Round 4 is closed, and I will no longer accept answers to this question. The following people have moved on to Round 5:

|PoKeY|
    Pythagoras
    Pidgeotto Trainer
    bullados
    Eevee234

The answer was C.

Ok, here's the question for Round 5. Answer this right, and you will be guaranteed $1,000. I will accept answers until 9:00 CST on Sunday.

Name the Pokemon based on the clues:

1. I am in the first 251 Pokemon in the Pokedex.
    2. I am the electric type.
    3. The first part of my name is the name of a Japaneese creature.

Is it...

A. Electrike
    B. Raichu
    C. Pikachu
    D. Raiku
    E. Lanturn

11. Postdog2Gengar

WHEW! Just caught this before it became a month old. And believe me, I know that that isn't a good sign. Anyway, Round 5 was over just short of a month ago, and I will DEFINATELY not be accepting answers to this question. The following people have moved on to Round 6 and are guaranteed $1,000:

|PoKeY|
    Pidgeotto Trainer
    bullados

The answer was C, Pikachu. The Pika is a type of mouse.

Ok, here's the question for Round 6. I will accept answers until 9:00 CST on June 13 (One week from now). If you don't see this thread in time, I will contact you, as you might not have been looking for it. And I'll again try to get better with this.

In what year were the original Pokemon Red and Blue released in the US?

12. Postdog2Gengar

A WINNER HAS NOW BEEN DECIDED!!!! Thank you to all who played (and beared with me). Only one player got this question right. So congratulations, Now Four-Time Winner and Reigning Champion,

PIDGEOTTO TRAINER!!!!!!!!!!!!

The correct answer to this question was 1998.

Great job, Pidgeotto Trainer, and, again, Congratulations to all who played!!! HAVE A GREAT SUMMER!!!!

*Millionaire Theme Song Plays*

13. |PoKeY|

|PoKeY| New Member

actually it was released in 1999, i have actually proof

14. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

September 1998 actually. Another nice job Postdog. (of course except for the 2-3 week delays ;) ) I'm sure they had strategic significance.

15. HypnosProjectHQ

HypnosProjectHQ New Member

Wish I would have seen this thread sooner... All those questions were REALLY easy!

16. eI_at10s

eI_at10s New Member

Why don't you guys make a second?