Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Unlimited (pokemon 150) Fosisl deck

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you who don't know what Pokemon 150 is, it is a newer format created by players like you and I. It requires a 100 card deck. The rules can be found in my signature. Here is my list:

Pokemon: 26
Kabuto AR
Kabuto SS
Kabutops AR
Kabutops LM
Omanyte PK
Omanyte SS
Omanyte N2
Omastar AR
Omastar MD
Omastar PK
Aerodactyl Fossil
Aerodactyl MD
Mew EX DRX
Uxie LA
Azelf LA
Relicanth SV
Relicanth PLB
Relicanth GE
Baltoy GE
Claydol GE
Rampardos PL
Cranidos PL
Erika's Dratini G1
Dark Dragonair TR
Dragonite Fossil
Cleffa N1

Stadiums: 4

Strange Cave
Twist Mountain
Broken Time-Space
Underground Lake

Trainers: 41

Mysterioud Fossil x3
Dome Fossil x3
Helix Fossil x4
Old Amber x3
Holon Fossil
Buried Fossil
Fossil Egg
Pokemon Breeder Fields
Pokemon Breeder
Rare Candy
Evosoda
Professor Oak
Item Finder
Junk Arm
Computer Search
Computer Search (Ace)
Energy Removal
Super Energy Removal
Gust of Wind
Super Rod
Escape Rope
Switch
Luxury Ball
Ultra Ball
Level Ball
Expert Belt
Float Stone
Muscle Band
Pokemon Rescue
Scoop Up
windstorm
Surprise! Time machine

Supporter: 14

Roseanne's Research
Bebe's Search
Korrina
Skyla
Wally's Training
Marley's Request
Castway
Scott
Professor Juniper
Professor Sycamore
Lysandre's Trump Card
N
Colress
Cynthia's Feelings

Energies: 15

Double Colorless Energy
Double Rainbow
Rainbow
Prism
Strong Energy
Fighting x6
Water x4

So the Omastar AR and Kabutops AR are the main attackers (I'm hoping...) The problem I'm having is that the fossils require so much space. Perhaps I need to make some cuts..

I have never use a fossil deck, truth is I do not own 100% of these cards yet. I want to order the rest of the deck, but I want to wait until the list has been worked on enough so I don't order cards that won't be used.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Perhaps cards to cut or add? Maybe a different fossil pokemon would be a better choice?

Here is a rule that is important (from Pokemon 150 themselves) about fossils:
* Fossils which are assigned to a specific Pokémon (such as Dome Fossil with Kabuto) count as Basic Fossils and 4 may be used in a deck. 4 Mysterious Fossils can also be used to evolve any Fossil Pokémon (including Revived Pokémon). For any other fossil cards (Holon Fossil, Buried Fossil etc.), only 1 of each can be used. The terms "Evolves from a Fossil" and "Revived Pokémon" are interchangeable.

Last edited:
Hey Alazor thanks a ton for the reply. I wasn't sure if I'd get any hits on the gym.
That Rampardos is really good. I wonder if I could cut 1-2 of the Kabutops for a rampardos line. Most likely I will just use Mysterious fossil to bring him out since Omastar only benefits from 3 types of fossils in the discard pile.
I always over look gems like Cleffa NEO when I'm deck building for unlimited 150. I will be sure to make room for it in the deck. Focus band is extremely funny, I think it deserves a spot.
Dragonair is a great set up pokemon. I'll have to try and fit it in, the deck is so tight on space with all of the fossils as it is. This is going to be difficult since I'm working with a hypothetical list until I order the rest. (I only own about 75% of these cards above).

Thanks again for the reply! I will begin crunching the numbers and working out a different list to fit rampardos in. What would you suggest cutting for him?

Thanks for coming back to reply Alazor. I made some changes to the original post above. The list is updated, but I'm having an extremely hard time cutting trainers. I am unsure of what trainers to cut. I adjust the fossils, but I am fearful of cutting too many Fossils for sake of Omastar's damage, but I also fear I may be putting too many (fossil) eggs into one basket with Omastar. As you can see I face a double edge sword. Triple edge nearly since I can't actually test my deck. I can only calculate percentages and probability.
---
I also have to admit I've never actually used a fossil deck before so I do not know what to expect.

I am considering adding 1 Radicate G. It works like a sableye (dark explorers). (sableye is banned from the format though).

One additional change I made was adding dragonite (fossil) for its ability to "rush in" like keldeo! I figured it would be good to have an escape from special effects if my Fossil pokemon are in danger (it also only requires 1 energy to retreat without float stone). The reason I left out the other dark dragonair was because it has to be active, maybe I'm overreacting to that clause.

Thanks again for helping.

Last edited:
Well I'm going to abandon this deck. Apparently someone else had already tried to do it on Pokemon 150 and said it isn't going to work (which is fine).

I wouldn't give up on Fossils already, I know it can be a very strong deck with a lot of different options. The best of the Kanto 3 are the Majestic Dawn ones by far and the Fossil Aerodactyl too. If you focus on those ones the deck changes from aggro to control, but a very powerful control deck that fills a niche no other does - evolution lock. Combined with Kabutops' Item lock you prevent them Candying or Evo Sodaing out of the lock.

Haha that actually does sound really good. I wish I knew what kind of player I was. A lot of people know what kind of decks they really enjoy playing and what decks they do the best using. As for me I used LuxApe back in 2010ish (I forgot the exact yr), then I switched to rogue decks as of late using Flare Navigate on Chandelure + Reshiram. Everyone at league doubted the deck. I didn't win often with it since 4/10 players used keldeo T_T

I'm not sure how I feel about locking my opponent I suppose. I know even in my original deck I hesitated to put in Fossil Aerodactyl for that reason. Even though that card is amazing. Maybe I'm not a "lock" sort of player I suppose. I will certainly give the deck another chance and review more cards, adjust my list and return. (I'll also update the list on the pokemon 150 site)

I have a deck that's "Chandelure + Reshiram". It also has Magmortar so you get a bit of a spread/snipe theme going on combined with the original Chandelure. It has no "lock" per se, but you are quite capable of sniping out their key players like Claydol or even things like Garbodor. With a Blacksmith in your opening 15 you can craft quite an aggressive starting hand!

I went through every dicklist I've used in my history of playing pokemon. There was only one lock deck that did show up and it was an odd one... Mew EX (DRX) + amoongus (PLF) + Watchog + Sableye (Dark explorers). That deck I had together for about 2 weeks then took it apart.

I don't think I'm a lock player, if I do play control it's very light. I have a few ideas of mine posted on the 150 site. I really enjoy magmortar as a pokemon in general. Reshiram has a great feel to it as well. Chandelure was just the energy accelerator, but it was awesome to use it and have my opponents laugh (until Reshiram smacked them for a ton consecutively).

I really like finding unique synergies to attack with. As a general theme I like to "wow" my opponents when they see oddities on my board that actually work together. I don't think I have it in me to lock my opponents and feel good about it. (nothing against anyone who likes that play style!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back