Pokemon 2-on-2 battles

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by Rashad, Jan 6, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rashad

Rashad New Member

I remember about 2 or 3 years ago that the Pokemon-tc game was coming out with a 2 on 2 battle system. Does anybody know what happened to that.

2. lol i dont know but i do remember that i drew 10 cards using Delta draw in a practice 2 on 2

3. Jran Sakarra

Jran Sakarra New Member

I play those sometimes...
    Its fun, yet sort of a pain.

4. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

On the OP site, when you're searching for tournaments, it is actually possible to search for 2-on-2 battle fun tournaments by changing the format in the search options. So they still must be active. It is cool, because it REALLY changes the strategy of the game when you have more options to attack in the active slot, and more options to attack with. I really would have no idea what I'd be doing if I went to a 2-on-2 tourney :lol:. It's like two games in one.

I just did a search, and the last active tournament for 2-on-2 battles was 10/28/2006. There has only been a total of 20 reported on the OP site in the whole world! And 8 of those reported 20 were canceled! Looks like nobody likes these things. That is probably why we don't hear about them.

One interesting thing to note is that all of the cards recently printed have carefully written text so that they don't conflict with the 2-on-2 format!

5. sdp

sdp New Member

I like 2 on 2 a lot, its different and a lot of fun and there are a lot of new strategies people can try out. Too bad no one plays it, I've made 2 on 2 tournaments but people end up just playing their regular decks in 2 on 2 instead of actually making one to take advantage of the 2 on 2 rules...

6. bulbasnore

bulbasnore Administrator Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

What happened to the 2v2 battles? Its a current format - a fun, non-santioned format. It was played at the Professor cup last year. I hope to play it again in August in SoCal at some local tourneys. Many cards in Modified carry the 2v2 lanuage (e.g. each of the defending Pokemon, your opponent decides which active Pokemon to switch, etc.)

This doesn't belong in the RTC - its a TCG topic; RTC is for non-TCG topics.

7. Rashad

Rashad New Member

I thought it just seems like a different way to play ppokemon I would like it if OP could get 2v2 back up on the surface so evry pokemon player could enjoy. Kids at my league play this 2-on-2 all the time thats why I was asking

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.