"Pokemon and Stadiums as one" contest

Discussion in 'Create-A-Card' started by surfingpika, Jan 2, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. surfingpika

surfingpika New Member

I have decided to make a contest dealing with a pokemon/Stadium interaction. How this works is you make a card that has a certain effect either when any stadium is in play, when a Stadium is played, or when a certain Stadium is in play. For example:
    Delcatty
    70Hp
    Evolves from Skitty
    (c) type

Pokebody Stadium Pull When a Stadium card is brought into play, and there are benched pokemon other than Delcatty, shuffle one of them and all cards attached to it into your deck.

(c)(c)(c) Anti-Resistance 30 If the defending pokemon has any resistances, during your next turn, ignore all of them.

Weakness(f)
    Resistance
    Retreat cost(c)

Snorlax
    100HP
    Basic pokemon
    (c) type

Pokebody I'm Trapped!!! If there is a Stadium card in play, increase Snorlax's Retreat Cost by (c)(c).

(c)(c)(c)(c) Superslam This attack does 20 damage for every (c) in the defending pokemon's retreat cost. Then flip a coin, if heads, the defending pokemon is now paralized. If tails, Snorlax has a weakness to (c) along with it's normal weakness until the end of your opponent's next turn.

Weakness(f)
    Resistance(p)
    Retreat cost(c)(c)

Kadabra
    70HP
    (p) type
    Evolves from Abra

(p)(p) Psy Recover Remove damage counters from each pokemon in play equal to the number of (p) energies attached to that pokemon.

(p)(p)(c) Smart decision 40 If there is a Stadium called No Removal Gym in play, remove 1 energy from one of the opposing player's pokemon.

Weakness(p)
    Resistance
    Retreat cost(c)(c)

Those are the examples of what I am saying. Now here are the rules.
    Each person submits only 1 card
    A card is allowed to be edited anytime until the end of the contest(pending 1/16/04)
    A card will be scored on this scale:
    Card Mechanics(Does it follow the basic rules of pokemon):10
    Stadium Compability(Does the card combo with the Stadium):10
    Orignality:5
    Good luck and Have Fun!! :)

2. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

Linoone
    70 HP
    Weakness: [F]
    Resistance: (none)
    Retreat: [C]
    Attacks:
    [C] Grab Bag
    If there is a Stadium card in play, you may either take up to 2 cards from your discard pile, show them to your opponent and put them into your hand; or you may take up to 5 cards from your discard pile, show them to your opponent, and shuffle them into your deck. Also place one damage counter on Linoone.

[CCC] Super Continue 20x
    Flip 3 coins. If at least one is heads, flip a coin until you get tails. This attack does 20 damage times the number of heads (including the first 3 flips).

3. SupremeBlader22

SupremeBlader22 New Member

heres kinda a broken one-
    Pikachu
    Basic Pokemon
    :lightning
    60 HP

PokePower: Work Together- If there is more then one Pikachu in play, you may search your deck for a stadium card and put it into play. If there is another stadium card in play, discard it. This power cant be used if Pikachu is affected by a Special condition.

:lightning (20) Pikapower- Search your deck for as many Pikachus as you like(or until your bench fills up) and place them on your bench. Then flip a coin. If tails, Pikachu does 10 damage to itself.

:lightning :lightning (20+) Stadium Jolt- If there is a stadium card in play, this attack does 20 damage plus 50 more damage.

Weakness- :fighting:
    Resistence-(None)
    Retreat Cost-(Free)

4. penguin_master

penguin_master New Member

Wailord
    (W) 200 HP
    Stage 1 (evolves from Wailmer)

Poke-Power: Huge Body
    As long as Wailord is your active pokemon, if there is a Stadium in play, your opponent may not use it unless his/her active pokemon has a total HP of 60 or less. If there is a stadium in play, all attacks that damage Wailord do 10 more damage.

Attack #1: Blubbery Take Down (CCCC) 50
    Wailord does 50 damage to itself. This damage is reduced by 10 for every 2 (W) energy attached to Wailord. If there is a stadium in play, flip a coin. If heads, do 10 more damage to each active pokemon. If tails, do 10 less damage to each active pokemon.

Here's how it works. Wailord is huge, so he should have lots of HP. His body is large, so it would make sence for him to take up lots of space. The downside is to prevent it from being broken. His attack's affect is because of stadium walls. If he hit the wall, it would do more, if he missed, it would do less.

5. Otaku

Otaku Active Member

Can we create a Stadium card as well as the Pokemon?

6. JasonthePwnda

JasonthePwnda New Member

You may have up to 2 Guardian Celebi in your deck.
    Gaurdian Celebi [G]
    50 HP
    Weakness: [P]
    Resistance: (none)
    Retreat: [C]
    Pokemon Power: Elude
    As long as this card is in play, its owner may choose to not use the effects of a stadium card in play.
    [PG] Mind Drain 10+
    This attack does 10 damage plus 10 more for each energy in the energy cost of one of the defending pokemon's attacks.

Flavor Text (Yes, Nintendo will use it one day)
    This elusive pokemon is rumored to bring aid to the weak and destruction to the strong.

7. Carrington388

Carrington388 New Member

Tentacruel
    80 HP {G}
    Stage 1 Pokémon (Evolves from Tentacool)

Poké-POWER Mighty Downsize
    If there is a Stadium card in play, all Pokémon-ex in play (your own and your opponent's) are not considered Pokémon-ex, and all Pokémon-ex in play whose total HP totals 130 or more have their total HP reduced by half (rounded down to the nearest 10 HP). This power works even if Tentacruel is affected by a Special Condition.
    {G}{G}{C} Poison Shot If the Defending Pokémon is affected by the Mighty Downsize Poké-POWER, this attack's base damage is 70 instead of 40. Either way, the Defending Pokémon is now Poisoned. 40

Weakness: {P}
    Resistance: none
    Retreat Cost: {C}{C}

8. Zach

Zach New Member

DellcatyEX 100

POKEBODY STADIUM SEARCH
    ONCE DURING YOUR TURN (BEFORE YOU ATTACK) YOU MAY SEARCH YOUR DECK FOR A STADIUM CARD.

:colorless :colorless :colorless :colorless STADIUM BLAST
    IF THERE IS A STADIUM CARD IN PLAY, THIS ATTACK DOES 40 DAMAGE PLUS 30. IF THERE IS NOT, THEN EACH PLAYER SHOWS EACH OTHER HIS OR HER HAND AND THIS ATTACK DOES 30 DAMAGE PLUS 20 FOR EACH STADIUM CARD IN PLAYERS HAND

40+

R :colorless :colorless :colorless W :fighting:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2004
  9. HYPER EEVEE

HYPER EEVEE Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

diglet :fighting: 40 hp
    basic pokemon

poke power dig
    : when you play diglet from your to the bench and have a statium card in your discard pile flip a coin if heads place a statium card from discard pile into your hand

:colorless nudge 10
    :fighting: bury discard any statium card in play

weak: :grass:
    -30 :lightning
    retreat :colorless

10. Dek

Dek New Member

Steelix 110 HP
    Stage 1 Pokemon (Evolves from Onix)
    (M)

Poke-Body: Stadium Body- Before your attack, if there are any Stadium cards in play, discard it. Steelix's Poke-Body now gives off the powers of the Stadium card that you discarded. If another Stadium card comes into play, all effects that Steelix had from the previous Stadium card are now gone.

(M)(M)(F) Ceiling Crush- If your opponent has any Stadium cards in his or her hand, flip a coin. If heads, choose one of them and discard it. 40

Weakness: (R)
    Resistance -30: (G)
    Retreat: (C)(C)(C)

11. AbsolutelyNobody

AbsolutelyNobody New Member

Muwahahaha...

Absol
    70 HP
    Basic Pokemon
    (D)

Poke-Power: Bringer of Chaos-When you play Absol from your hand onto your bench, you may search your deck for a card named Chaos Gym and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

(*) Supernatural-Look at your opponent's hand. You may use the effect of a Supporter card you find there as the effect of this attack. (The Supporter card remains in your opponent's hand.)

(D)(*) Black Out-30

Weakness: (F)
    Resistance -30: (P)
    Retreat: (*)

I would love this card! :D

Last edited: Jan 12, 2004
  12. surfingpika

surfingpika New Member

I forgot to say this, but if you need one to go with it, go ahead. Note: This contest end in 2 days.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2004
  13. Otaku

Otaku Active Member

OKay, here we go...

Note: Poison Pokemon (like Muk) are Resistant to Bug, Grass, and Poison Pokemon.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2004
  14. Eevee234

Eevee234 New Member

Eevee 50HP (*)
    Basic Pokemon
    Pokepower:
    If any Stadium Card is in play, add 2 (*) to the
    retreat cost of the defending pokemon.
    (*)(*)Counter Tackle-20+
    If a Stadium card is in play, Counter Attack does
    20+20 more damage.

Weakness:(Fighting)
    Resistance:(Ghost)
    Retreat Cost:(*)

15. bullados

there is no "ghost" type. They are all Psychic typed.

16. bullados

I was talking in reference to the resistance. There is no "Ghost" type in the TCG. Generally, they have made the "Ghost" type into "Psychic" for resistance (if history serves me correctly...)

17. surfingpika

surfingpika New Member

The contest is over, and now I get to look at all of your great cards. :)

Bullados's Linoone
    Card mechanics 10 very nice
    Stadium compability 10(while stadium is in play) great
    Orignality 4 Nice.
    total 24/25

SupremeBlader22's Pikachu
    Card Mechanics 2 That is far too broken. 60HP, an attack that's guarnteened 70 damage. There are too few ways to eliminate stadiums to not be broken.
    Stadium Compabiliy 10 (while stadium is in play) At least you done this right.
    Orignality 5 I have never seen a flock power bring a card.
    Total 17/25

penguin_master's Wailord
    Card Mechanics 5 55 average damage and 65 average recoil damage w/o water energy is just too weak. NO W/R/RC
    Stadium compability 10 (while stadium is in play) That's just a gimme
    Orignality 3 Wimpified suicide Chansey. That simple
    Total 18/25

JasonthePwnda's Guardian Celebi
    Card Mechanics 6 I don't see a reason to limit it to 2 of these Celebis
    Stadium Compability 5 (while staduim is in play) You tried. This isn't what I really intended.
    Orginality 5 I've never seen an attack like mind drain.
    Total 16/25

Carrington's Tentacruel
    Card mechanics 8 Cutting the exs Hp in half is overdoing it. Maybe it should make a drop to 100.
    Stadium Compability 10 (while stadium is in play) Good.
    Orignality 5 Great Job.
    Total 23/25

Zach's DelcattyEx
    Card Mechanics 7 The card is just too weak to be a pokemon-ex
    Stadium Compability 10 (while stadium is in play) What I'm looking for
    Orginality 2 Don't see the orginality
    Total 19/25

HYPER EEVEE's Diglett
    Card Mechanics 10 Simple yet effective
    Stadium Compability 5 (While stadium is in play) Not what I was looking for, but thanks for trying.
    Orginality 4 Elimating stadium cards is short in numbers, but needed.
    Total 19/25

Arthas_Zero's Steelix
    Card Mechanics 8 Laughs. :D How do you see a stadium w/o looking at the opponent's hand?
    Stadium Compability 10 (when stadium is brought out of play) Never thought of that, but great
    Orginality 5 Awsome. That's all I have to say.
    Total 23/25

Absolutely_Nobody's Absol
    Card Mechanics 10 Perfect balance
    Stadium Compability 0 NO!
    Orginality 2 Been there, drank that.
    Total 12/25

Otaku's Muk
    Card Mechanics 6 Triple Posion is Broken. That simple.
    Stadium Compability 10 (while Rocket's Toxic Dump is in play) Works nicely with your stadium.
    Orignality 5 Never seen an attack like Triple Posion.
    Total 21/25

Eevee234's Eevee
    Card Mechanics 7 20+ 10 more would be nice and balanced, and the obivious resistance problem.
    Stadium Compability 10 (while stadium is in play)
    Orginality 4
    Total 21/25

Final Rankings
    Bullados 24/25
    Arthas_Zero and Carrington 23/25
    Otaku and Eevee234 21/25
    Zach and HYPER EEVEE 19/25
    Penguin_master 18/25
    SupremeBlader22 17/25
    JasonthePwnda 16/25
    Absolutely_Nobody 12/25
    Great job on winning Bullados, and thanks to everyone for entering.

18. Otaku

Otaku Active Member

Triple Poison is broken? No wonder Neon Modified was dominated by all those Neo Discovery Beedrill decks. Poor Encargo and AQ Scizor decks never stood a chance.:p To defend it, let me point out-if the stadium is not in play, it does 20 damage for just :grass::colorless. Since the card kills itself when it's stadium goes bye-bye (you did see that, right?), I don't think its broken. But thanks for holding the contest. :)

19. AbsolutelyNobody

AbsolutelyNobody New Member

Ah well, there's always next time. Great contest Surfingpika, Congrats Bullados!

20. ED629IWAI

ED629IWAI New Member

Great cards.
    How about mine:
    Swampert ex
    Type : Water
    HP : 160
    Attrack:
    WCC 40
    The defending pokemon is now asleep.

WWWCC 80
    Does 30 damage to your opponent benched pokemon which is the same type of the defending pokemon.

Weakness: Lightning/Grass
    Resistence: none
    Retreat cost: CCC