Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon Boxes-Fair For The Price?

AnimeDDR110

The other day me and my cousin got 2 boxes of Pokemon packs. One Box of SW and one box of MT each.

In my first box i got a Gardevoir Lv.X.
And in my second box i got a Lucario Lv.X and a TSD.

Well in my cousins first box he gets nothing.
And in his last box he get a TSD, a Magmortar LV.X & Electivire LV.X.

So, have you ever had an expierience in which you pulled 2 or more LV.X's or 4 or more ex's in one box?
And, do you think the price of the Pokemon Box is worth it in the case in which you might not pull a LV.X?

Discuss.

I've stopped buying boxes of American Pokemon cards since they started including on average only 1 premier card per box. That said, I've started purchasing Japanese boxes instead. The Moon Hunting/Night Dashing boxes include 3 Lv.X's on average per box, and each pack comes with a Rare Holo in it. There may only be 20 packs, but I'd rather get my money's worth from those 20 packs than spend more money on more useless cards.

I've stopped buying boxes of American Pokemon cards since they started including on average only 1 premier card per box. That said, I've started purchasing Japanese boxes instead. The Moon Hunting/Night Dashing boxes include 3 Lv.X's on average per box, and each pack comes with a Rare Holo in it. There may only be 20 packs, but I'd rather get my money's worth from those 20 packs than spend more money on more useless cards.

Where would you buy them and how much do they cost?

I just got mine off Ebay. The total price for me (including shipping) was something like 70-75 bucks. I bought the Moon Hunting one, so i'll be getting cards cut from GE (Eeveelutions, Fossil Pokemon, etc.) while at the same time getting 3 Lv.X's. I got tired of opening American packs to get useless Rares and never any Lv.X's, so I'm sticking to Japanese boxes from now on.

So, have you ever had an expierience in which you pulled 2 or more LV.X's or 4 or more ex's in one box?

I pulled 4 ex's and a Star out of a box of DF. Epic win.

And, do you think the price of the Pokemon Box is worth it in the case in which you might not pull a LV.X?

The box is always worth it. Most good stores will sell the box at a discount compared to buying the packs individually. Also the chance of no LvX is pretty low. I've opened probably 15 boxes of DP-on and only seen 1 box without a LvX.

$75 is about as low as I've seen boxes, $90-95 is more typical. If you see something in the $80 range, definitely snag it.

Most def. I been buying Japanese since Deoxys :D I got fed up of getting 1-2 key trainers i need, where when i buy a japanese box i can get 3-7.

DF was extremely nice to me.

5 EX 1* in one ;D

once i opened a 2mt/1pk blister pack and pulled VireX and MortarX that was after a traded my brother for two SW magmortar after getting the theme deck!

Last edited:
I hate blister packs. I always get bad cards in them.
The best i got in a Blister pack was the 2 SW and 1 HP pack.
I got two Furret in the SW Packs.
And a Mewtwo* in the HP pack.

That's not that bad. I don't like em much either, however I once got a Flygon ex d DF out of a blister pack. I may start buying Japanese boxes.

I recently ended a streak of 5 boxes, spread out over the three most recent sets, wherein not a single box contained a Lvl. X or TSD. I don't buy boxes in bulk, so these were my one-shot-at-the-cards type boxes.

After buying my only GE box (I got one for judging an event), I swore before opening it that I'd never buy another box if that one didn't contain a Lvl. X. The 27th pack contained a Palkia Lvl. X....

....though, to be fair, every time I pulled a Premier Ball in each of the 26 packs before I opened the Palkia one, I threw it really hard at the box, hoping it'd help. I think it did....

Out of the 3 GE boxes I have opened so far, I've pulled 2 Cress Lv. X, and 1 Palkia Lv. X. *knocks on wood* I've never had a box not come with at least one premiere card. I used to get really decent pulls from Blister packs too. Not so much anymore though.

I've never been good at pulling cards from blister packs, so at states this year my brother and I bought our first box (GE), and we pulled really well. If I remember correctly we pulled Dialga Lv.X, Pachi (2), Togekiss (2), Sceptile (2), Claydol (2), Blaziken (3), and there were others but those were the ones that stood out the most. After that box I am definitely buying boxes from now on.

My brother and I decided that this is how we are going to our spend money on cards because being poor college students doesn't help when trying to buy cards. We figured we'll go to the pre-release for the new set and then buy a box to share between us. That should give us enough packs to get most of the cards from the set and enough left over cards to trade for other cards that we want.

The best box i ever gotwas my first box which was a LM one.
I really don't know how it happened but i pulled 3 Mew ex and a Dustox ex.
Also, at 2007 states i pulled a Mew ex in the last LM pack they had.

I had one of the god boxes of Ruby/Saphire were I pulled 2 of every ex in the set too bad all of them except the mewtwo sucked

Yeah, Ruby/Sapphire was a horrible set.
My cousin got a god box of UF where he got 8 of ex's (3 being Lugia EX). I thought it was impossible, but when nintendo randomly puts any packs in boxes anything could happen.

i just opened a box of secret wonders and received NOT ONE SINGLE PREMIUM CARD! it's a disgusting, anxious feeling when you're on your last couple of packs and have yet to pull one. i only have one of each of these, so i would have really enjoyed another (especially a second gardevoir).

you hear me nintendo? i call shenanigans to the utmost!! i feel ripped off and exploited by you for my belief in you and your product.

Back