Pokemon Card price guides

Discussion in 'Collecting and Card Price Discussion' started by Arcedude1, Mar 19, 2011.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Arcedude1

Arcedude1 New Member

I recently decided that i'm going to sell both my newer and older pokemon cards. My cards range from Base set to Platinum: Arceus and Supreme Victors. I have rare promos and misprint cards too. Any collectors price lists i find over the internet (i've been looking for a while now) seem to be completely outdated including the pokegym one. can anybody recommend me any good price guides on the internet or any others?:confused:

This was my original post in an older thread. In the end i came up to use bebessearch.com to get the prices. this all went fine until i got to my e-expedition set. I couldn't find prices for the alternative reverse-holo cards. now once again i'm back to where i started. Please don't put down ebay.

2. waynegg

waynegg CotD Editor<br>Forum Moderator

Pokemon card price guides are made to sell you Pokemon price guides. By the time you compile all the data on individual card values and publish them (even on the internet), the data is usually outdated. That's why ebay is the best place to find values. It gives you real time supply and demand on any one card in existence. You are really cutting your nose off to spite your face, man.

If the issue is that you can't have an account on ebay, just copy the item numbers down onto either TextEdit or Word (if you have a PC) document and the revisit ebay and copy/paste those numbers into the search field. It'll pull up the completed auction that way whether you have an account or not.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  3. Arcedude1

Arcedude1 New Member

i appreciate you helping me and i respect your judgement as a pokemon professor, but as i said, i am trying to refrain from using ebay and will only use it as a last resort. Plus there are online price guides that are up to date. for instance the bebessearch one was updated automatically every day.

4. Swordfish1989

Swordfish1989 New Member

Why don't you use trollandtoad? They have accurate prices on most cards

5. Arcedude1

Arcedude1 New Member

trollandtoad seems pretty good but its not exactly what i'm looking for. what i found with troll and toad is that it is good but takes a while to use. i'm looking for something like bebessearch or pojo(which is horribly outdated by the way).

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  6. dark wobbuffet

dark wobbuffet New Member

I wouldnt trust troll and toad for everything, they try and sell mew prime for $25