Pokemon Colesseum - have they no shame?

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by ScythKing, Feb 15, 2004.

1. ScythKing

ScythKing Member

2. poinko

poinko New Member

I don't think he resembles Yugi at all. Maybe the hair does a little bit, but if you're saying it's a ripoff that he has spiky hair and a blue outfit, that's like, 30% of male anime characters right there anyway.

Plus, Yugi doesn't dart around the desert in a motorcycle. That makes him automatically like, 100 times better.

3. Orange Soda

Orange Soda New Member

Uh... He's the game's main character, Wes. So?

Besides, Wes only has one hair color. And he looks more like a young Vash from Trigun than Yugi.

*waits for move to Electronic Games*

Last edited: Feb 15, 2004
  4. ScythKing

ScythKing Member

C'mon - lesse we have the spikey do with the cute lil spike sideburn thingies, we have an almost identical trenchcoat/button-down vest with leather trousers/boots sort of outfit. Same sorta pinched face/pointy chin. Now going with the "traditional" Pokemon characters "look" you guys mean to tell me that the resemblence to Yugi is remote?!!! *sheesh*

Last edited: Feb 16, 2004
  5. Orange Soda

Orange Soda New Member

Common.

I believe that Yugi's outfit is supposed to be some sort of school uniform. Wes's outfit is more of a leather getup.

Also common. I think most Team Rocket/Aqua/Magma faces are built like that.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2004
  6. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Hey, they both speak Japanese! It's a consprecy!

7. Joe Monkey

Joe Monkey New Member

And another thing, yugi doesn't have cool shades ^^ and the snatch glove.

8. LittlePichu

LittlePichu New Member

I watched Yugio for a little while.I was wating for my show comes on cartoon network at night and
    the pokemon character in the game has much shorter hair then Yugio and he does have red yellow
    and Black hair color like Yugi..,and he dose have big eyes..He also looks tall then yugi... and the
    outfit is way different..

9. BJJ763

BJJ763 Trading Mod Supervisor Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Wes probably isn't as psychiotic as Yugi....

10. White Gryphon

White Gryphon New Member

His name is Wes? Hehe.

When I looked at him the first thing that came to mind was Kingdom Hearts, then Trigun. He does look a lot different than what I'm used to seeing in Pokemon human design. Was he even designed by Sugimori?

11. TeamRocket

TeamRocket New Member

Not all Team Rocket has that kind of face - Jessie, Cassidy and Domino don't fit your prejudictic statement.

12. Orange Soda

Orange Soda New Member

Interview with game makers at Pokemon.com.
    Looks like he was designed by that guy.
    Prejudiced? I have no idea what you're talking about. I said most, not all. And I was thinking more in terms of in-game characters. Grunts, executives, leaders, etc.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2004
  13. Bigpoppabeatdown

Bigpoppabeatdown New Member

so what if he looks like other characters............ yugi, vash, and all of the others were ripped off of something else............ anyone could come in and draw a character and if you wanted to look for it, you could make comparisons to something else......... it doesn't matter, oh well

14. EeveeTrainer

EeveeTrainer New Member

Ugh the next think you'll be telling me is that Cloud from FF7 is a rip off of Goku from DBZ....Spiky Blond hair. Also I think that some of the arists on Pokemon do work on Yu Gi oh in japan as well. That was the case with the whole FF7 thing and DBZ likeness anyway....but I'll look into it a bit further and find out for sure.

15. GodTrainer

GodTrainer Member

lol cloud doesss look a lot like Goku :D :D

16. SD PokeMom

SD PokeMom Mod Supervisor Staff Member

Since this really isn't TCG News, moving down to the Electronic Games forum...*whoosh*

'mom

17. GuardianTIM

GuardianTIM New Member

I see your point - I think the bit that really shows the comparison is not his hair, but his stance. Feet apart - one arm outwards (Whether it be holding a Pokéball or a Card), with that focussed expression on his face.

Though I do admit, I like the look of Wes way better than Yugi's look, and at least Wes isn't going to talk for 1/2 an hour straight about how he's relying on the cards, etc, etc... :-D

18. Psycho_Lugia_X

Psycho_Lugia_X New Member

LOL! it's so true. They waste sooo much time on mad rhetoric (pun a la Toonami).

Remember that ep where they have an hour to play ONE duel and they go over time! Give me a break!

I think there is a distinct difference between YGO and this so called "Wes." YG has too much clutter. W doesnt. What i mean is that YG has tons of wird stuff, clutterous activity, going on on his head alone. There is his funky-even-for-an-anime hairdo and his bizzare-wannabe-even-though-legitimately-so anime eyes. Where as W only has the weird token nonsensical item: his shades.

So, i think there is a clear distinction between them; i wouldn't rush to compare them exactly.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2004
  19. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

Honestly, the character is nothing like YG, in looks or in attitude. Just play the game.

20. Psycho_Lugia_X

Psycho_Lugia_X New Member

well, i dunno about that...you cant deny they look kiiiiiiiiinda similar. Kinda. But not blatantly so. Kinda.