Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon.com Registration - PARENTS LOOK HERE!

Rogue Archetype

Moderator <br> Contest Host
Many new players are having a difficult time getting their Pokemon Organized Play accounts set up on Pokemon.com.

Here's a new piece of info from the Head Honcho (Dave Schwimmer) himself!!

New Player IDs, with PINs.

Go to player's profile on Pokemon.com (that means, if you're a parent, go to your CHILD's profile page)
Select the Organized Play Tab
Enter your Player ID, and PIN
If you've lost your PIN, you can try without. If an event has been uploaded matching your DOB and Name, it will work without the PIN.

Old Player IDs (POP IDs) without PINs.

If you've played in an event, and your data has been uploaded to the site, you do NOT need a PIN to activate an old ID.

Go to player's profile on Pokemon.com (that means, if you're a parent, go to your CHILD's profile page)
Enter your Player ID, leave the PIN Field blank

Some caveats:

If you haven't played in an event in several years (pre 2006 season), it was not migrated to the new site. You'll need to get a new one.

If your ID was never uploaded at an event, you will not be able to activate it until it is. It may be easier to get a new ID, and send us a merge request.

If you had a My Pokemon account, you only need to verify your email address. Log in to your account (use the forgot user name, and/or reset password feature if you can't access) and the system will send an 'activation' email to your email address. If you think you may have an old email address that you can no longer access, send us an email at [email protected]. Include as much of the following information as possible:

Full Name
Date of Birth
User Name
OLD email address
NEW email address
Player ID (Formerly, POP ID)

Assuming we can verify that the account was yours, we'll update the email address, and you'll be able to proceed.

It is generally NEVER necessary to create a new account if you had an active account at go-pokemon.com

Thanks,
Dave

Mr. Brandt has given us the following step-by-step for registering your child (or yourself :smile: )

BE SURE they are following these instructions to the letter:

1. When your child comes to www.pokemon.com and creates an account, they must enter a parent’s email address. You, the parent (or guardian), will be contacted. If you do not provide your consent for the account, it will be deleted 14 days after its creation.

2. You, the parent, will receive a notification from www.pokemon.com titled “Pokémon Trainer Club Parental Consent Request.”

3. When you click the “Continue with consent process” button, you will be directed to www.pokemon.com to create your own parental account. This account will allow you to manage your child’s account.

4. After you have created your account, you will receive an email titled “Pokémon Trainer Club Activation.”

5. Click the “Activate Your Account” link—this will return you to www.pokemon.com, confirming your account activation.

6. Log into your account with the username and password you set when the account was created.

7. Upon logging into your account, you will see the “Approve Child” page. Here, you can enter an email address for your child’s account (this can be the same as your email address). You will also be prompted to agree to the account’s terms of use on behalf of your child.

8. Once you have completed step 7, and clicked “Yes” in the “Activate your child’s account?” field, you will receive one last email to the address you entered for your child (if the email you entered for your child’s account is identical to that on your account, you will not need to activate your child’s account, and will not receive this final email). This will also be an “Activate Your Account” email, this time for your child’s account. The process is a repeat of that described in step 5. Once this action is concluded, all steps are complete—your child can now log into his or her own Trainer Club account and start enjoying all that the new www.pokemon.com has to offer.

If you experience difficulties with any of the steps outlined above, please don’t hesitate to email us at [email protected]. Please be sure to indicate as many specifics of the errors or problems you are experiencing as possible, as this will greatly assist us in resolving your issues.

Last edited:
Now here's another question involving this annoying site.

How on earth do I register my POP ID? I've tried everything, and it keeps saying "Please ensure that you enter the correct Player ID and PIN, and that you accept the OP terms of use." I'm dong ALL OF THAT. This site has been nothing but a pain for me! D=

Now here's another question involving this annoying site.

How on earth do I register my POP ID? I've tried everything, and it keeps saying "Please ensure that you enter the correct Player ID and PIN, and that you accept the OP terms of use." I'm dong ALL OF THAT. This site has been nothing but a pain for me! D=

Copy, pasted, and linked to... and forwarded.

Remember the last sentence: "If you experience difficulties with any of the steps outlined above, please don’t hesitate to email us at [email protected]."

I, too, have experienced the problems you've mentioned above.

They said that they cannot fix these issues unless we inform them that they exist.
So DO email them about your problem :smile:

Thank you for sharing this.

I sent several mass emails with those step-by-step instructions (copy-n-pasted in) and many of my parents have resigned from their efforts to register out of frustration.

THE GOOD NEWS...

There's a better protocol. Just swap a couple of steps and you're golden.

DO THIS INSTEAD:

1. The PARENT (not the child) must create an account first.
2. Next, the parent needs to, immediately, register accounts for their children.
3. It works, and it's simple.

What's Went Wrong with Dan's Instructions:

The parent simply needs to create his/her own account FIRST.

Here's why:

When the parent create's the KID's account first, they receive an activation email. The parent clicks on the link provided and they're taken to a log in screen.

At this point, the parent feels that they've made a mistake because they are not logged in to anything. (the rationale here is that they've created an account for the KID, so why should THEY need to log in to anything? Therefore, the account must not be created). It's confusing and they end up thinking that they need to recreate accounts to make it "stick."

When the parent creates and activates their account first every subsequent child account creats activation emails that will alert the parent's account that there are X number of children waiting to be activated! The auto-link the parent/child accounts work very nicely.

Solution:

Be sure to have the PARENT create his/her account FIRST and, in the same sitting, logout and create accounts for all children.

This will make the world a happier place :)a situation where many hours are spent figuring things out :/

Last edited:
Major help Needed

I have a pokemon trainer club account but it wants my pin number for the OP box and i got my player ID before they started the pin number thing and if i just leave it blank it says something like the following:
Please make sure you have entered the correct pin number and player ID and excepted the terms of use.
I excepted the terms of use and I entered the correct player ID. I really need help because i have to send in my winners checklist for winning regional championships by may 16 and i need to do this in order to get my travel award.
I really would appreciate ALL help.

I have a pokemon trainer club account but it wants my pin number for the OP box and i got my player ID before they started the pin number thing and if i just leave it blank it says something like the following:
Please make sure you have entered the correct pin number and player ID and excepted the terms of use.
I excepted the terms of use and I entered the correct player ID. I really need help because i have to send in my winners checklist for winning regional championships by may 16 and i need to do this in order to get my travel award.
I really would appreciate ALL help.

When all else fails, send it in! [email protected]

op account

costumer service is not getting back to me even though i told them what they asked for and reminded them that i needed to mail the reservations for nats by may 17th and if they dont help me and i dont make the reservations then i dont think i will be able to make the reservations after the deadline date which means i will not be able to go to nats which is on my birthday and i am really looking forward to nats.

Here's a new piece of info from the Head Honcho (Dave Schwimmer) himself!!

New Player IDs, with PINs.

Enter your Player ID, and PIN
If you've lost your PIN, you can try without. If an event has been uploaded matching your DOB and Name, it will work without the PIN.

Old Player IDs (POP IDs) without PINs.

If you've played in an event, and your data has been uploaded to the site, you do NOT need a PIN to activate an old ID.

Enter your Player ID, leave the PIN Field blank

Some caveats:

If you haven't played in an event in several years (pre 2006 season), it was not migrated to the new site. You'll need to get a new one.

If your ID was never uploaded at an event, you will not be able to activate it until it is. It may be easier to get a new ID, and send us a merge request.

If you had a My Pokemon account, you only need to verify your email address. Log in to your account (use the forgot user name, and/or reset password feature if you can't access) and the system will send an 'activation' email to your email address. If you think you may have an old email address that you can no longer access, send us an email at [email protected]. Include as much of the following information as possible:

Full Name
Date of Birth
User Name
OLD email address
NEW email address
Player ID (Formerly, POP ID)

Assuming we can verify that the account was yours, we'll update the email address, and you'll be able to proceed.

It is generally NEVER necessary to create a new account if you had an active account at go-pokemon.com

Thanks,
Dave

Last edited:
Well, I can't speak specifically for TPCi, but I would assume it would need to be at least 18, since that's the age that a person needs to be to sign a legal document (from what I hear).

I have found the new OP site complete nitemare. I thought I could live with it. There is NOTHING FUN ABOUT IT. REPEAT THERE IS NOTHING FUN ABOUT IT, I AVOID IT. I dread and avoid having to do league reporting. (Prepare to be frustrated is my thought)

The problem is recently trying to report league, my league report came out saying I had 0 registered players in the OP website, where we have 20+ regular attenders to league over the website. I don't know if it was an error in the league part that I didn't correctly enter the league folks in... or just a glitch. But they wanted ME to explain to parents how to navigate and sign up for "my pokemon account" or whatever it is. Needless to say, I am just willing to accept a league kit for 10 players. I just don't have confidence in the website, and I am not going to act as a conduit for technical support for my league folks inevitable frustration.

Sometimes I feel that PUSA website folks just hate us. (We know that isn't true). Not exactly positive CUSTOMER Experience. The fact that my kids will get 10 league cards for the next season, I don't know what to say... but my unpaid job shouldn't be this hard, and since PUSA website makes the job hard, the website is hurting the pokemon brand and growth right now.

I have seen in my business life where there are certain people in the organization that expect customors to bend over backwards to do business with the company. They are mypoic and think how will this make "their" job easier... Not how do we make "the" customer job easier. CUSTOMER FOCUS. Again, Pokemon is great, and I expect improvements will be made, but they won't if there isn't folks in there that don't have the CUSTOMER FOCUS/CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE point of view.

Last edited:
Looks to me like the instructions and links to "customer service" need to be updated. I still have many players in league without accounts because the parents get frustrated.

Back