Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon Diamond question

pokemonfreak

Hey. Can enyone tell me, i am breeding a machoke and a croagunk and i was wondering, does my machoke have to know cross chop for croagunk to get the move?

If you wish to breed a move onto an off spring Pokemon, one of the Parent's Must know the move you wish to breed over.

Correction: The MALE parent needs to know the possible egg moves that you want passed down to the offspring.

Don't both of the parent's have to know the move, and doesn't the egg have to be able to learn the move by Level Up anyway, unless it's a TM move, which would mean that the male Pokemon must know the move?

Correction: The MALE parent needs to know the possible egg moves that you want passed down to the offspring.

Thanks Pablo, couldn't remember which Parent. I thought it was the Male, but didn't wanna say so and be wrong.

Don't both of the parent's have to know the move, and doesn't the egg have to be able to learn the move by Level Up anyway, unless it's a TM move, which would mean that the male Pokemon must know the move?

Nope, here let me explain:

To pass down EGG moves, only the male parent needs to know them for the newly hatched offspring, but the purpose of egg moves and breeding is to aqcuire moves that Pokemon can't normally learn through level up or TM's, such as Leech Seed/Synthesis on a Treecko, etc..

To pass down TM's and level up based moves, both parents need to know them.

Nope, here let me explain:

To pass down TMs and EGG moves, only the male parent needs to know them for the newly hatched offspring, but the purpose of egg moves and breeding is to aqcuire moves that Pokemon can't normally learn through level up or TM's, such as Leech Seed/Synthesis on a Treecko, etc..

To pass down level up based moves, both parents need to know them.
Fixed.

Back