Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon Heros: Latios EX Deck (EON)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyogre

<a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p
Part one of three: The New Dragon Decks, Latios EX.

Pokemon (19):
3x Latios EX
2x Wubbuffet
3x Bulbasaur
2x Ivysaur
3x Venusaur (Harvest Bounty)
3x Magenmite
3x Magneton (EX Dragon, Magnetic Field)

Trainers(22):
2x Rare Candy
3x Juggler
3x Oaks Research
3x Switch
2x Lanett's Net Search
3x Pokemon Nurse
3x Master Ball
3x Professor Birch

Energy(19):
8x Grass
7x Electric
4x Multi Energy​

Latios EX Stats:
100 HP
Type: Colorless
Weakness: C
Resistance: G and F
Retreat Cost: CC

:colorless Energy Stream: 10
Flip a coin. If heads search your discard pile for a basic energy card and attach it to Latios EX.

:grass: :lightning :colorless Luster Purge: 100
Discard 3 Energy attached to Latios EX.

Magneton Stats:
70 HP
Type: Eletric
Weakness: F
Resistance: Metal
Retreat Cost: C

Pokemon Power: Magnetic Field
Once during your turn (before you attack), if you have basic Energy cards in your discard pile, you may discard any 1 card from your hand. Then Search for up to 2 basic Energy cards from your discard pile, show them to your opponent, and put them into your hand. You can't return the card you first discarded to your hand in this way. This power can't be used if Magneton is affected by a Special Condition.

:lightning :colorless Magnetic Force: 10x
Does 10 damage times the amount of Energy attached to all of your Pokemon (including Magenton).

Strategy: Well most everyone knows what Harvest Bounty Venusaur does. Well the key is to use Latios' attack to do 100. On the next turn get the energies back with Magneton, then Harvest Bounty them back onto Latios EX. On that turn use Latios' first attack to do 10 damage then hopefully get back the last energy. But if you get tails on the coin flip then just attach 2 more energies the next turn, giving him 4 now, then use the attack. He will now have a spare energy on him so that you can Harvest Bounty 2 more energies to attack again.

If you have good luck with flips, its 100 damage every turn. If not then its 55 damage (average) every turn.

Plus if you get Latios and Venusaur out by turn two, then its a turn two 100 damage.

Plus Venusaur and Magenton makes a good deck by itself just incase Latios EX Falls through.

Low Pressure System:
Stadium Card:
Each :grass: and :lightning Pokemon in play (both yours and your opponent's) gets +10 HP.

EDIT: Wow, Just found out about Low Pressure System. What a prefect card for this deck! Now someone help me find space for it please!

EDIT #2: Tweeked just a bit more. . .

EDIT #3: Wubbuffet just Ownz. . .

Fixes?

Last edited:
Nonsense1221 said:
This deck is pretty nice. Don't really know what to suggest, heh, anyways, it looks great.
Rating: 9.2/10

Thanks. Pretty good ratting for a red face paint deck though. Must be a good sign.

SwampertEX said:
Cool!!! That's a rogue that could do well against Gardy!

Thats cool considering I wasn't thinking about Gardy when making it. I was more worried about the Blaziken/Eggs in my meta.

I would use the same deck, but use Latias EX. It only uses 2 energy to discard, for same damage and has a sleep-producing attack. It does have 10 less hp though.

AbsolutelyNobody said:
I would use the same deck, but use Latias EX. It only uses 2 energy to discard, for same damage and has a sleep-producing attack. It does have 10 less hp though.

Ah yes, I am aware of Latias EX. And one of my friends is making a deck out of that and will combo it with Swampert. His power can let you attach the Fire energy then a Water Energy each turn. Its good as well, but its somewhat harder to get back energies and/or might run out of energies from your hand.

Why I like this deck is that the energies fit each pokemon perfectly. I mean if the Latios Plan falls through then I'll switch to either magneton or Venusaur. Both of which are very good, especially Magneton (10x all energy on all your pokemon while Venusaur is out, come on).

Plus, Latios is cool looking. :D

Ahhh. Now I see. :eek: Terribly sorry, I was having one of my frequent periods of incompetincy(sp?). I agree with you wholeheartily. Great deck! I wish I had the resources to build it.

Edit the deck, Found about Low Pressure System. What a great stadium card for this deck. Took out the Town Volunteers b/c its not vital to the deck. I am already getting energies from my discard to my hand. Only thing left is Pokemon and its not extremely necessary to put some back when I have 3 copies of each.

That's not bad at all. That Magneton is awesome. I think I'm bored enough with Unlimited to try a Modified deck by now. I'm curious as to what you got in your packs now, so I know what to anticipate trying to trade for Saturday. :)

In my sig is my have list. It has what holos I got. And yeah, I started modified b/c there is a store on Sanibel that now has a modified league with the new promos and all that. If you need to know what any of the new cards do just ask. Oh and Chris got a bunch too, he got (from what I can remember):
Latias EX
Rayquaza EX
Kingdra EX
Grumpig
Roselia (RH)
Plusle (RH)

Kyogre said:
In my sig is my have list. It has what holos I got. And yeah, I started modified b/c there is a store on Sanibel that now has a modified league with the new promos and all that. If you need to know what any of the new cards do just ask. Oh and Chris got a bunch too, he got (from what I can remember):
Latias EX
Rayquaza EX
Kingdra EX
Grumpig
Roselia (RH)
Plusle (RH)

Oh man, somewhere with actual new promos? Where is this? You can talk to me on AIM under the same name so as not to get too off topic.

EDIT: I forgot about that boost can only be attached to evolved pokemon. :( :eek:

Last edited:
Dro~ said:
Latios EX says discard 3 energy, not 3 energy cards, put some boost energy and you just need to discard one card.

I saw this too and thought about the same thing but you must remember, boost energy can only be attached to an evolved Pokemon.

Last edited:
EDIT: Changed the deck to reflect ideas given to me by others. Still looking for suggestions if needed.

Nice idea, but I am not convinced about the Dragons that are weak to colorless. Crystal Shard is going to give you serious problems and some players may start adding a Ditto or two (because it works well against both the dragons and Magcargo EX).

See if you can find space for some Pokemon Nurse. Latios EX will have times where it is damaged with no energy on it making it perfect. I would use them instead of potions in this deck even though they are supporters.

mozartrules said:
Nice idea, but I am not convinced about the Dragons that are weak to colorless. Crystal Shard is going to give you serious problems and some players may start adding a Ditto or two (because it works well against both the dragons and Magcargo EX).

See if you can find space for some Pokemon Nurse. Latios EX will have times where it is damaged with no energy on it making it perfect. I would use them instead of potions in this deck even though they are supporters.

True, Crystal Shard will see play but how often? I mean will it become nessecary to put a Crystal Shard in every deck just to tech for the dragons? Personally I think people would try and tech for Gardy or Blaziken more then the Dragons.

As for the Nurse, I really don't know. I want to keep the supporter count down to a complete minimum but I suppose I can take something else out for it.

I am not sure how the metagame is working in your area, but here in Michigan the norm is small hands. Copycat is very limited in my experience in this format. I would replace all three with shaman. Birch works good with shaman as well. This is due to the fact that shaman gives you only 4 cards. Play an nrg and a poke and only 2 are left. If one is a birch, get 4 (or more depending what you play) after your next draw. It appears based on your reply posts that you are somewhat concerned about your supporter count. If this is the case, let me suggest this trainer set:
2x Rare Candy
4x Oracle
4x Pokenav - oracle up pokes or nrg, nav what you need
4x Oaks Research
3x Switch
2x Lanettes Net Search - 3 color deck
3x Pokemon Nurse
1x Town Voluneteers - get back the cards you discard for Magneton's Power.
2x Low Pressure System
I am not sure what your playing "style" is. Some folks do not like this draw engine. You have to think and card count for it to work at it's highest potential. It is kinda a trainer copy of delcatty. You could also modify the above trainer set by dropping one switch and the TV for 2 shaman for a little more draw. Only testing will determine what is best for you. Whether or not it beats Gex will been seen. Magenton/Venasaur is a high nrg deck which actually hurts against Gex(and espy!) Still, nice deck.

Last edited:
Venusaur said:
Beware of Wobbuffet. Maybe add a couple Wobbuffets to beat them. Wobbuffet is Wobbuffet's worst enemy. :)

Magneton will destroy Wobbuffet easy. If not then Venusaur.

psycodad said:
I am not sure how the metagame is working in your area, but here in Michigan the norm is small hands. Copycat is very limited in my experience in this format. I would replace all three with shaman. Birch works good with shaman as well. This is due to the fact that shaman gives you only 4 cards. Play an nrg and a poke and only 2 are left. If one is a birch, get 4 (or more depending what you play) after your next draw. It appears based on your reply posts that you are somewhat concerned about your supporter count. If this is the case, let me suggest this trainer set:
2x Rare Candy
4x Oracle
4x Pokenav - oracle up pokes or nrg, nav what you need
4x Oaks Research
3x Switch
2x Lanettes Net Search - 3 color deck
3x Pokemon Nurse
1x Town Voluneteers - get back the cards you discard for Magneton's Power.
2x Low Pressure System
I am not sure what your playing "style" is. Some folks do not like this draw engine. You have to think and card count for it to work at it's highest potential. It is kinda a trainer copy of delcatty. You could also modify the above trainer set by dropping one switch and the TV for 2 shaman for a little more draw. Only testing will determine what is best for you. Whether or not it beats Gex will been seen. Magenton/Venasaur is a high nrg deck which actually hurts against Gex(and espy!) Still, nice deck.

I like the Oracle/Pokenav idea. But about the Shaman, my hand will most likely be low due to Magneton so Birch works well enough. Plus I can't play Birch and Shaman are both supporters. Also I suppose Lanettes Net Search might do better then Fan Club. I'll definitely consider the changes.

Kyogre
I had not considered the discarding effect of MTon. You are right, birch will work well in this deck. Juggler works great in this deck also. Discard 2 nrg, draw 5, discard one and get back your 2 nrg and attach them both to your active. We are playing 2 in our version and it is playing well. Strong deck.

Last edited:
Kyogre said:
True, Crystal Shard will see play but how often? I mean will it become nessecary to put a Crystal Shard in every deck just to tech for the dragons? Personally I think people would try and tech for Gardy or Blaziken more then the Dragons.

Crystal Shard is really useful in decks that regularly runs into resistance as well, so I think it will see regular use unless the Dragons stay out of competitive play. Most decks are already struggling finding enough good non-supporter trainders and I think Crystal Shard qualifies. You think that you are doing really well playing Latios against a fighting Pokemon and Crystal Shard changes things completely!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back