Pokemon Reversal = Gust of Wind

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by PojosamaWannabe, Apr 9, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PojosamaWannabe

PojosamaWannabe New Member

Just posting this on the News section since its probably more read than any other section

From the PUI Team/Compendium...

== POKEMON REVERSAL (Expedition; EX:Ruby/Sapphire)

Q. The wording on the "Pokemon Reversal" trainer changed significantly between the Expedition version and the EX:Ruby/ Sapphire version. How should we play this card? Do we play each one "as written", or should we play them all the way the latest (or older) version of the card says?
    A. It should read like the Expedition version, with a slight tweak to make it 2-on-2 applicable. "Choose 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokemon. Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent switches that Pokemon with 1 of his or her Defending Pokemon." The opponent chooses the defending, but the person playing the card chooses the benched. (Apr 8, 2004 PUI Rules Team)

2. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

And I was going to post it as "Pokemon Reversal Reversed!"

3. PojosamaWannabe

PojosamaWannabe New Member

Pop I like that one more.

4. Scyther_trainer

Scyther_trainer New Member

w00t! THat's great!

Now I might think about adding them to a deck.

5. Jay-C

Jay-C New Member

Lets not forget who was the person responsible for bringing on this change to Pokemon Reversal....

:clap: TrEkIeV :clap:​

Looks like your gathering of evidence and arguements payed off.....good job!!!!!!!

6. Kyogre

Kyogre <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

This is great. Now we should start a debate. Is it worth playing? If so what decks would utilize the card the best.

7. Pablo

Pablo New Member

GEX can now defend better vs BEX, water decks have an even bigger advantage over BEX, this is very interesting

BTW, if we use an EX: Ruby & Sapphire Pokemon Reversal, we play it as the errata right?

-MuD

8. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

They Changed it!!!!
    WOW, this was unexpected. I thought this would never go through. So this errata goes into effect now? Starting with the weekends SCs and beyond? This would be true for every other ruling but its just hard to believe.

9. davechri

davechri New Member

This would be GREAT in a Victreebel deck!

Oh, never mind...

10. GymLeaderPhil

GymLeaderPhil New Member

With lots and lots of water tech. :p
    -Phil

11. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

I sent a notice to the Event Manager for the Pokemon Center since they are having thier SC this weekend.
    If someone goes, let me know if they were aware of it.
    I sent it toward the end of the workday today, so she might have missed it.

Phil: If you post this as a news item on Pojo, please be sure to refer to the Compendium's new URL.
    Thanks.

12. vincent0906

vincent0906 New Member

TrEkIeV! You did it!!! :clap:
    Oh yeah~

But anyway... BARX deck become stronger... :nonono:

13. Kyogre

Well Blaziken EX can already hit anything, this will most likely help all other decks to counter Blaziken EX. I.E. Gust up the Torchic or Combusken before it becomes a beast.

14. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

In general it gives a possible gust to everyone where as before Blaze ex had the only one that could ko. Salamence usually can't. Now Swampert, Gardevoir ex, Kingdra ex etc. can gust-ohko. Hmmm will this mean the best Blaziken decks are the ones without TA Manectric or Ampharos? Since a gust ko of them could be devastating. But then the non- TA Manectric/Amphy Blaziken decks are weaker to Water. Could this mean.....balance..... :)

15. Pablo

Pablo New Member

the best decks already were the ones without nrgy mover, cause that meant it was 1 less space u could use for a bex/blaze so ya, but yeah, this should get us more closer to a balanced format

-MuD

16. Kyogre

Yes, Yes oh god yes. More then one deck at nationals!

17. Scizor

Scizor New Member

How is a flip for a gust good for the game people? Let's actually think here. Pokemon is starting to come back to its old ways, of gusting power, and flips, which was part of the reason why it became pretty lame and boring in the old MF. This is also really lame, espically for us who have a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP in a week. Not a good move by nintendo, look they just need to ban Blaziken Ex, and change this Reversal back to new and we'll be fine. It really isn't that hard. Ugh a flip for a gust, *shakes head* this is TERRIBLE. I feel like quitting right now, FLIPERMON IS BACK.

18. TheDeuce

TheDeuce New Member

Erm... How exactly is "Flippymon" back? This is one card... On average you'll pull it off twice a game, and that's if you max out on it. Granted it's not the best idea to add any flips at all to the game, but still, it's just one card, it's not gonna destroy the game...

19. Pokemon Reversal hold on...God I must have traded it!So let me get this staight Pokemon Reversal had a serten effect and they changed it so now whe nwe play it we play it by the way they changed it?

20. Pablo

Pablo New Member

no, read a pokemon reversal version of expedition, u play it like that

-MuD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.