Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon Rumble Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoPoke

Due December 2009

http://magazine-exchange.com/product_downloads/pdf/Rumble_Lo.pdf

The art on the cards is very linear. Looks odd to me but hopefully the cards will look better irl.

Coming this December!
It’s a mad scramble to be the last Pokémon standing in the Battle Royale when you play Pokémon TCG: Rumble! Place your markers to guess which Pokémon will outlast the others, then use the dice to figure out which Pokémon will attack...and which Pokémon will be its target! Score points for each Pokémon you Knock Out and score even bigger if your marker is on the Pokémon that wins the last battle! Plus, expand your games with Pokémon TCG booster packs!

In each Pokémon TCG: Rumble box, you’ll find:
• 16 exclusive Pokémon TCG cards with foil logos, including 3 all-foil cards!
• 1 full-color Battle Royale game mat
• 4 Energy dice
• 1 Target die
• Damage counters and player markers

For 2-7 players

Japanese scans and translations of these cards are available here. Nothing looks terribly playable in the regular TCG, though.

The regular TCG can be very hard to get into for the youngest new players. This is a great product for young kids who start out with before they're ready to try their first Trainer Kit or Theme Deck. Looks pretty sweet, although I think it's a bit odd how they have to use the "Mii" type Pokemon in the artwork :tongue:

Maybe they're trying to sell the "My Pokemon Ranch," but too bad when they find out that there's an update for the Japanese, but not us.

It's not for My Pokemon Ranch. It's likely for Pokemon Rumble, WiiWare. There was a slew of coverage on the Japanese game back in July/August. Might this mean that Rumble will be released sometime around December? I hope so. Looked like a pretty decent spinoff when it first came out.

did anybody read the description? is this going to be a set? it said, "Plus, expand your games with Pokemon TCG booster packs"...like these were like promos for a larger set.

does that mean there will now be sets released every month or so?

^ I think it means we can use the cards from the Pokemon Rumble Box in our actual TCG decks, if any of them are even decent lol.

Is there any info on how to play this? Like has it been released in Japan already? I wanna know... this looks awesome :d

Looking at the set list on Bulbapedia, some of the Pokemon included are Stage 1 / Stage 2 with no previous stages.

However, the cards include the normal S1 / S2 text and picture of the previous stage. I am guessing that including other cards from the other sets will be a must to be able to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back