Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon: The Duelist Genesis (A Pokemon TCG Fan Fiction, slight Yu-Gi-Oh! Elements)

ArmoredMewtwo

-Forward-

Greetings, all Pokemon fans. I've decided to whip out an old, lingering idea that's been lingering in the back of my mind since the Pokemon TCG came out for the Gameboy, a concept so... Overlooked. The concept of 'what if the Pokemon TCG was more than a tight-knit community (relatively speaking), but a world-wide phenomenon (to the point that virtually everyone loves it)'. To that end, I thought, "Hey, Yu-Gi-Oh! pretty much has that element." So, here we stand, in a town similar to that of Domino City early on in Yu-Gi-Oh!. However, certain things obviously were modified, and the storyline itself is independent (so to speak) of both the Pokemon Universe and the Yu-Gi-Oh! Universe.

Expect the first chapter some time later today. Until then, here's some terminology and some short character bios (similar to those found in Pokemon mini-novels). I also threw in some silly pronunciations, since I'm rather pathetic with the 'real' way of doing it.

-Main Characters-

Tenchi Haabi (Pronounced like Ten-Chi Hobby): Our protagonist. He's a student of Professor Yew at Kinsen High. His ultimate dream is to become a master of the Pokemon Trading Card Game. He's an extremely skilled player whom rarely loses against the local crowd due to his skills and his faith in his Tyranitar Deck. There seems to be mysterious aura about him.

Yori Takken (Yo-ree Taw-Kin):Tenchi's best friend since birth, Yori is a bit of a book worm whom ends up getting in over his head. However, his good luck has made him nearly as powerful as Tenchi. His deck specialty is AMU.

Yuri Takken (You-ree Taw-Kin): Yori's twin sister and Tenchi's council. She cares deeply for her friend, but Tenchi is too oblivious to realize that she thinks of him as more than just that. She serves as Professor Yew's lab assistant, doing little errands here and there for him. She runs a mean Blastcatty Deck.

Johnathon Yew (...): Johnny Yew is Tenchi's rival, and the son of Professor Isaac Yew. Though Tenchi has attempted to become friends with him, Johnny prefers to work alone. He seems like an agreeable person, and most people like him, but his shady past keeps him from getting attached. He runs a Machamp Deck, and also has a strange aura about him.

Prof. Isaac Yew: A teacher at Kinsen High. He teaches a class that's strictly about the Pokemon Trading Card Game, and is trying to open up an independent research center to look further into it. He seems fascinated with the Mythical Pokemon Cards, which have only had four copies of each printed. He uses one such card, Shaymin, in his Torterra Deck.

Team Rocket Zero: A group of thugs that cheat, steal, and do whatever it takes to win in the Pokemon Trading Card Game. Rumor has it that the boss wants to harness the Powers of the Mythical Pokemon Cards for a devious purpose...

-Terminology-

E-Scanner Turbo: A device (similar in construct to a Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Disk) that was made for the purpose of playing the Pokemon Trading Card game. It supports all basic functions of the game, and has recently had the 'Lost Zone' slot added to its structure. It creates holographic Pokemon to enrich the battle experience, and has innovative voice-recognition technology that allows all game play functions to be recognized. The device fits around the wrist and can be held comfortably in front of the player as they go through a match, watching their Pokemon go through battle. The device can also simulate events such as coin flips and display a close-up of the opponent's field, allowing one to analyze their cards effects.

Mythical Pokemon Cards: Pokemon cards rumored to hold a secret power. These cards consist of most of the Pokemon considered Legendary in common terminology (with the exception of Azelf, Mespirit, Uxie, and Heatran).

Duel: A term used to describe a game between two Pokemon players. This term is also used in the Pokemon Trading Card Game for Gameboy.

Edit: Due to the fact that the site sort of... Stopped working about the time that I posted this, the update will take a little longer than I thought. Expect it tomorrow, Tuesday at the latest.​

Last edited:
There have been a few... Technical difficulties that have hindered my ability to put up any of the chapters I've been working on. You probably can expect the first three on Saturday, when I'll be at my dad's (where I can correct these faults in machinery).

Fun idea. I remember someone tried doing this before long in the past, but it never got off the ground much (seems like people here pan you for wanting to combine YGO and Pokemon TCGs for some reason). Looks like a great start though, I encourage you to continue on with it.

I remember that one. It was YGO, Pokémon, and Naruto. Here's the link.

Marik said:
No, with Heatran on his side, I'll need to face him. Just make sure nobody challenges Tryce. The last thing we need is a trainer with 4 legendaries on his side and they're are on level 100 and have been well trained. Anyway, now my Ghouls, spread out!!!

Having more difficulties (mainly my lack of Microsoft Word). >_<

Gah... I'm going to search for some sort of text-editing tool (so I don't have to work it in Notepad or risk losing it by direct-posting it).

Back