Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon Tourney At Wal-Mart!!!

cursedinfinity

On Sunday, April 3rd at the Wal-Mart in Streamwood, IL (850 S. Barrington road) there will be a FREE pokemon tournament. It looks as though there will be a modified tournament first followed by an unlimited tournament. Registration starts at 1pm. Prizes will be awarded, including Wal-Mart gift cards. Play your best deck, trade with friends and win prizes. All are welcome.

(-_-)Why can't my wal-mart do stuff like this...So unfair..
I BASICLY PAY THE MORTAGE I SHOP THERE SO MUCH!
KAHN!!!!

S~H~A~D~O~W (Is insane) Z~A~N~G~O~O~S~E

Yeah, I'd kinda like to know how you got a free tourney with prizes at a WalMart... Wierd... I've never even SEEN Pokemon TCG at my WalMart...

Shadow Zangoose said:
(-_-)Why can't my wal-mart do stuff like this...So unfair..
I BASICLY PAY THE MORTAGE I SHOP THERE SO MUCH!
KAHN!!!!

Bonus points for ST:2 reference! EXCELLENT!

The person you need to approach to push for the tournament at walmart is the beckett rep. that supplies the cards for them. My son who plays yugioh, duelmasters and pokemon went to a walmart yughioh tournament this past weekend. They gave all kind of free stuff just for coming and then he kicked butt and finished third in the 14 and under division at age seven. He went on to play pokemon the next day and won the 10 and under tounament here with the luck that so many of the people he played benched out. Thanks to all here that have helped with input building his deck . His last deck he built on his own but still could use some help. Look for it tomorrow in the deck post. Hope you find your local walmart beckett rep and push for a tourney.

o_O

Cursed, you have been here the entire time!?!?! And I have not noticed!?!?!?

*Grabs keyboard and smacks forehead with it*

Anyways, Im surprised that this was pulled off. I highly doubt I'll make it, but still...

just...O_O

Hope to see as many people as possible there... since there is nothing else going on after the Kenosha tourney on 3/26 until 4/30 pre at Pastimes. Here's my random Star Trek quote, since The Gorn and Shadow Zangoose seem to like them:

"I've been dead before... contact Excelsior, she'll have the coordinates"~ Spock

Dad here. We've had our league in Walmart for almost a year now. It's actually in the McDonalds area. It's a win win situation for all of us. :thumb:

The WalMart store never really had any Pokemon sales and only a few packs were available for sale. **I** got to revamp the Pokemon inventory. They listened to me. No more old, useless packs. No more repacks and foreign cards that never sold. Now, we get all the new stuff as soon as they're released! Wal-mart has a whole end cap display of nothing but Pokemon and the kids and parents are buying like crazy. :smile:

The McDonalds has their # 1 day in sales when we play on Wednesday nights, we're averaging OVER 35 kids a night. Add to that all the parents and siblings that tag along, and that's a whole lot of Happy Meals and Combo Meals sold within our 2.5 hours!!! :eek:

And for us, WalMart & McDonalds let us play for free, sponsor us with prizes. We get tons of foot traffic. Parents & kids are always stopping by.

WalMart has only one rule for us. We have to keep the kids in McDonalds, no kids allowed to run around in the store area.

HINT: Get in good with the manager, you'll be in Pokemon heaven. :thumb:

Last edited:
One of the things I keep hearing is that they don't want us hauling big bags all the way through the store (Our McDonald's in in the back).

Thanks for the info on this.

Team Cook said:
HINT: Get in good with the manager, you'll be in Pokemon heaven. :thumb:

You sir, are amazing. Wish I could get our Target to do this. They're remodeling right now, we'll see.

Registreation starts at 1:00 PM. The store doesn't want a group showing up durring their lunch rush so don't show up early. There will probably only be time for the one tourney because of this.

Sounds good... and... (Gasp)... I don't have to work the night before a Saturday or Sunday pokemon tournament! That most certainly is the sign of the end...

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for all of your support about having Pokemon tourney's at Wal-Mart. Hopefully this will start a trend, then this will happen on a regular basis. David's Confused Pokedad is right, if you can get together at least 8-10 players that can show up regularly this can be done at all Wal-marts. Just have a sit down with the store manager and/or someone who works in department 82 with your ideas. Right now, all Wal-Marts have the option for running Yu-Gi-Oh leagues. When I saw this it incouraged me to want to show that pokemon is back bigger and better than ever since the nintendo takeover. I believe it can compete and surpass the amount of Yu-Gi-Oh play. It WILL last longer than Yu-Gi-Oh and achieve the greatness of Disney. Game sales are high, 4Kids just ordered another season of the cartoon series, new figures are being released as are new TCG sets. Japan is opening its first Pokemon theme park soon. Its only a matter of time before the United States gets there own. I want to become apart of that victory!

Last edited:
Back