Pokemon+Trainer Contest ALMOST OVER!!COME QUICK!!

Discussion in 'Create-A-Card' started by penguin_master, Nov 18, 2003.

1. penguin_master

penguin_master New Member

Hi Everyone! :) This contest will be a combonation of 1 already existing card and 1 original card.
    You must create a card that helps another existing card work
    1) Choose one (1) already existing card ( trainer or pokemon ) .
    2) You must create an ORIGINAL card (no plaguerism, please :cool: )opposite of the existing card, to help or power up the existing card.
    3) Post the texts of both cards.

This contest starts on 11/18 and [EDIT ends on 11/30. Date extended due to lack of entries]

GUIDELINES:
    20 pts. ~ If your pokemon is the created card, are it's abilities, costs, weakness, ect. reasonable for the pokemon?
    15 pts. ~ If your trainer is the created card, are it's effects reasonable? Is it the right kind of trainer(stadium, normal trainer, ect)to fit the effects?
    10 pts. ~ Are the pics easy to imagine, do they fit the card?
    30 pts. ~ Does the original card power/help he existing card?

I will judge shortly after the contest ends.

Hope to see all your entries! :) :) :)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2003
  2. Imperial

Imperial New Member

hey, your using a jumpluff avatar. i thought pleffer was mine -_- i dont know anyone else liked pluffer the great!
    back on topic.
    sounds fun

3. penguin_master

I hope it is fun. BTW, I agree. Jumpluff rulz.

4. Cooltrainer Aaron

Cooltrainer Aaron New Member

This is a tough one to do, hmmmm

I'll have to get back to you on this one, but rest assured, I'll try my best to get one in.

5. penguin_master

The deadline has been extended untill we get some entries.

6. lunatone_solrock

lunatone_solrock New Member

Okay, the first entry:

The Existing card:

Bill (Trainer)
    Draw two cards.

Dusclops (P) 90HP
    Evolves from Duskull.
    A picture of Dusclops sitting in a semi-dark and empty train, absorbing an empty can of soda through it's hand. A full moon is clearly visible through the windows.

Poke-Power (ExtraSensory Sight)
    Once during your turn, you may look the top two cards of your deck. Then, you may search your deck for any two cards and put it on top of your deck. Leave the two cards face up until you draw those cards. You can still use this power if Dusclops is affected by any special conditions.

(P)(P) Warp Absorbtion 40
    You may return a trainer card from your discard pile into your hand.

Weakness (D)
    Resistance (F)
    Retreat Cost (*)(*)

Explanation: Dusclops can use it's ExtraSensory Sight to retrieve any desired card to put on top of your deck. Then, you can use Bill to take those cards. Then, use Warp Absorbtion to take Bill back from your discard pile into our hand. You can repeat the same process when you need any cards. Just hope your opponent doesn't have this amazing card!
    FYI, Dusclops is a wierd Pokemon. It has a hollow body which will absorb almost everything near it, like a black hole.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2003
  7. penguin_master

good! we have an entry!
    BTW, thanks for the including an explanation

8. insane wacko

insane wacko New Member

cleffa card
    this card gives cleffa and only cleffa
    50 hp instead of 30 hp

cleffa 30 hp (c)
    eeeek shuffle your hand into your deck
    and draw 7 cards
    weakness resistance

Last edited: Nov 26, 2003
  9. GuardianTIM

GuardianTIM New Member

Original Card:-

(Aquapolis set)
    Scizor (Metal)type
    80hp - Stage1 Pokemon (evolves from Scyther)

PokéBODY- Poison Resistance
    -Scizor can't be poisoned

Snatch (M) (C) 20
    -Before doing damage, you may choose 1 of your opponent's benched pokemon with no damage counters on it and switch the defending pokemon with it.

Heavy Metal :colorless :colorless :colorless 30+
    -Flip a number of coins equal to the amount of (M) energy attached to Scizor. This attack does 30 damage plus 20 damage for each heads.

Weakness: :fire:
    Resistance: none
    Retreat Cost: :colorless :colorless

Created Card:-

Metal Coat (Pokemon Tool)
    Attach Metal Coat to one of your Pokémon that doesn't already have a Pokémon Tool attached to it. If that Pokemon is knocked out, discard this card.
    Picture:- Onix and Scizor are in a Trainer Battle. Onix has Scizor's torso in it's jaws, and is using a huge effort to try and crush Scizor. Scizor has Onix's tail in it's claws, and is causing much pain for Onix.

During your turn, if the Pokémon that Metal Coat is attached to uses an attack with Metal, Steel or Iron in it's name, all energy attached to that Pokémon now provides (M) type instead of it's usual type. At the end of the turn in which this Pokémon uses that attack, discard Metal Coat.

10. penguin_master

I have decided that this contest will end on the 30th. Just wish we had some more entries. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2003
  11. Eevee234

Eevee234 New Member

Original Card:
    Umbreon (From Sandstorm)Type:Dark HP:80
    Stage1 evolves from Eevee
    (*)Confuse Ray-10
    Flip a coi, if heads the defending pokemon is now confused.

(Dark)(*)(*)Moon Impact-40

Weakness:Fighting
    Resistance:psychic
    Retreat Cost:(*)

Created Card
    Picture: It's night and alot of Murkrow and Absol gather around under a tree ready to attack a Linoone and Beautifly.
    Darkness Strikes-Pokemon Tool
    Equip a Dark type pokemon with this card. This raises the attack of Dark type pokemon by 30. If the pokemon holding this gets Knocked Out, then Discard this card to the Discard Pile.

12. penguin_master

Alright,only one day left. I will start judging tomorrow, if I can get online. Fell free to edit, as long as you don't change the whole thing. If you haven't entered yet, hurry!

13. penguin_master

OKAY, since it is officially the 30th, I will begin judging very soon. You can still enter, BUT MAKE IT QUICK. Bye all! :)

14. zell94606

zell94606 New Member

Gust of wind and switch togather to make:
    maelstrom:supporter
    choose one of the following:
    -switch one of ur active pokemon with one of ur bench pokemon.
    -switch one of ur opponent's bench pokemon with one of his or her active pokemon.
    Then No pokemon can retreat until the end of ur opponent's next turn.

15. penguin_master

Zell, you didn't understand. you have to choose one trainer or one pokemon and create the opposite card type. (If you choose a trainer, make a pokemon, and vice-versa) I am about to start juging, but I will let you fix it, just hurry!

16. penguin_master

Alrighty then! Using a very complicated mathmatical process (and maybe a few bonus points :)), I have given each a score out of 100. I will announce them one at a time.

Here is the first one:
    Lunatone_ Solrock, overall awesome job. Good spelling, punctuation, etc. Picture was great. Almost perfect. I have given this entry the score of.......
    Highlight Below:

~
    ~
    ~
    ~

96 out of 100!!! Awesome Job!!!

~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    ~

Last edited: Nov 30, 2003
  17. penguin_master

Insane Wacko, Yours is Graded! Highlight below to see your score....

`
    `
    `
    70 out of 100 Good Job!
    `
    `
    `
    `

18. penguin_master

GuardianTIM, your score is...... (highlight)
    |
    |
    |
    |
    96 out of 100. Uh-Oh, a tie....
    |
    |
    |
    |

19. penguin_master

Hey Eevee your score is: