Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemonrocks777 Over a week Late Texas States report Life in a Bubble

pokemonrocks777

Front Page News Editor
Hello everyone My Name is Kevin Hart and I have been playing Pokemon for 5 years now and here is My Texas Warstory called "Bubblin Bulls"

Texas States Championship (236 Masters, 8 Rounds):

Round One vs. Toby Jones Giratina Starter deck (with Mods) he went 1-7 his win was bye
Ok well I play this new guy who is playing in his first TCG Tournament (new player) so this was an easy win.
I started with a lone Terrakion EX and he starts with a Lone Giratina... I attach t1 and can’t do anything and Passed the turn. He draws attaches a psychic Energy the Plays Pokemon Communication. He did not have any Pokemon in his hand and took back the move then passed. I draw a Skyla attached an Energy for turn then I played skyla from then got a Pokedex. Played that then rearranged the cards how I wanted. Then I played Ether then I got the energy then Pump Up Smash him for 90 and could not attach any energy (No Bench). Then he attached a Double Colorless Energy and hexed. Then T3 I just drew and Pump up smashed for the win.

W 1-0

Round two vs Jason Saunders Laser-Time/Victini EX… (played for only a Month) went 3-4 (dropped)
He started with a sableye and went first while I started Terrakion EX (only one at the time) he Ultra Ball for Victini EX then skyla for V-Piece… and from there I could t-1 100ed. I drew dead from then on trying to get the cards I needed I could of came back if I Flipped a Heads on Super scoop up... I flipped a 3… so I lose r2

L 1-1

Round 3 vs Ramiro Medina ??? (I could not find out) assuming laser time
Pregame: he said he got donked by Lugia EX Round 2…. I thought well make that 2 donks in a row man sorry.
I started out Lone Terrakion (Reg). and he started Lone Sableye I went first I drew, attached a fighting energy then skyla for an ether… then I offered him to cut he said He does not cut at all… then I played Pokedex rearranged 2 cards to the top Ether showed a Fighting Energy then attached and again played ether showed a fighting energy then attached it to Terrakion then Land Crush for 90 K.O. then game
He could not believe it.

W 2-1

Then LUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!
I went with some buds at in and out Burger and ate then I looked at the next round Pairings on my phone (which is really Handy) then I figure out I was playing a great friend of mine. From then he was waiting for me when Lunch was done I knew I was going to lose…

Round 4 Vs. Stephen Shotwell (Lazing Hammertime) 3-4(Dropped)
He started Keldeo EX and could not draw anything at all and that allowed me to set up. Then he could not get enegy in the discard pile. Then also I typed him by setting up faster then him (this was not a good game for either of us… I won 6-0 after the game His energy was stuck together then his has 1 Crushing Hammer, one laser and one N (which he needed the N the most) I felt bad
W 3-1

Round 5 Vs Michael Hild… (I belive this was another Laser time) went 5-3 (If I played you please tell me what happened)
I don’t remember this Match up which is weird… All I know Is I WON

W 4-1

Round 6 Mathew White vs Big Basics (my weakest match up) Went 6-3 (How?) Top 16 player
Not much skill here I got real lucky…. I set up about turn 4-6…. He had 2 torn out both with eviolite so I was hitting for only 50 and 30 a turn (terrakion EX) from there it went downhill from him… after the game he had 5 energy Prized out of 10 (I think). so 5 of 6 prizes were his energy…

W5-1

Round 7 Vs Team Zerowing Member Jose Flores (my deck basically got shocked in this match) Lasertime
My deck did the same as round two…. Well darn not much else to say could not flip heads to wake up to save my win streak
L 5-2
Round 8 vs Andrew Gray Durant Klinklang (needed a win to be in top cut/ bubble rating) (5-3)
Basically I just got terrakion reg charged up and went to town on durants... and also he drew nothing however he made a huge misplay.. catchered up my Mewtwo EX (with one energy on it) then He played Skyarrow Bridge. Then I retreated and kept attaching to mewtwo for the turn and did not play any cards he crushing Hammer my terrakion (I run 20 for a reason…) the Final turn of the match was this.. I burned 2 juniper early game but had at least half of my deck discarded then I juniper for the 3rd time and then I pokedex then Ether then got the energy then that was game. I won (and needed it)

W 6-2
So Basically there was like 9 (maybe more) people who went 6-2 and Bubbled… me being one of them
So I got 23rd casue I had like 3 people drop and Not enough Resistance.

Props for this Tournament:
DONKING FTW.
Surprized this deck actually Worked
NO N in my deck at all (LAWLS)
darck467 for the Ride
GreenLanturn430 for the ether Idea
Milan for top 8 {my best friend congratz} same record as me
Tied (record wise) for the best with another player from my area (resistance was a little better than him)
Christine (an amazing Person to have host this event)

Slops:
Needs to be top 32 next time… esp for 200+ masters… (stupid 256 rule)
Coin Flips… you have to be lucky now to win.
Playing a friend and did not like the outcome of the game
Bubble Life for the 2nd time in my Career (other was Nationals 2012)
People Dropping Like Flies :/ come on people its a game...

List from Texas (Red Bulls on speed):
4: Terrakion EX
3: Terrakion
2: Landorus EX
2 Mewtwo EX
T/S/S
4 skyla
4 juniper
4 pokedex
4 Ether
2 Super scoop up
1 Computer Search
4 Pokemon Catcher
3 Heavy Ball
3 Switch
20 Fighting Energy

In conclusion: I got my play points to attend Nationals. hope to see all of you at nationals 2013.

Thanks guys for reading.

Kevin Hart (Pokemonrocks777).

Back