Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon's Funniest Home Videos

dkates

I'm sure many of us have had moments while playing Pokemon:TCG that made us crack up, giggle, or double over in laughter. Describe some of yours. I'll start.

Once, while playing in a "tournament" at a card shop near my house, I went up against a kid who, not having brought his own deck, was using one the shop owner had built. One of that deck's cards (I think the deck itself was a Sneasel/Wiggly, I know it had Wiggly) was SK Farfetch'd. I was using Genesis Murkrow (at the time, one of my favorite cards). I Gusted up his Farfetch'd and Mean Looked it. Then for about 4 turns, he would Whirlwind me, then I would free-Retreat back to Murkrow and Mean Look. Then, the kid finally looked at the card again and saw Leek Rush. We both started laughing. I went on to win the match.

At the BEGINNING of the game, original Base Set.. Me and a friend were playing, he managed to Breeder into a Charizard. My lone Squirtle took him out in six turns, paralyizing him each time. It was also his lone Pokemon. (He had tried to take my tactics of maxium Trainers that most high-level players use, but he didn't know what to use. He had 10 Pokemon total and no search or draw cards.)

There are so many, I can't even remember. Probably some of the stupid decks that I once played. Dark Primeape, Noctowl, Flareon...you name it, I probably played it. It always seemed to work against my friends though. ^_^

Another time, at one of the same shop's tournaments, I was up against a Slowking deck. It was near the end of the game. My opponent had (I think) 3 Slowking out. I tried to play Energy Charge. It failed for a few turns. Then, I tried it again, and got past all the Slowkings. My opponent said, "OK, it works." I did Energy Charge's flip. Tails. I immediately relpied, "No, it doesn't," and discarded it. I was annoyed, sure, but it was so funny.

The funniest moments are probably when the younger kids get stunned after you pull off a nice little combo. There was also this one at the last tournament which was easily the best. We're in our comic shop, and this kid is screaming "Where is my card!?". Everyone asks him what card he's looking for. He needed the Electrike evolution. When we all thought he got the card, he said "YES!". He then attempted to evolve his Electrike...into an Electrike! The crowd of 4-5 people told him that wasn't the evolution. He was stunned...then realized he had Manectric in his hand for 5 turns! That was hilarious...he was screaming and everything.

Okay, I have one. Now it wasn't exactly during playing the game, but it happened during league.

Anyway, we hold our league in a room that used to be a store, so it has a couple of strings with paperclips attached to them hanging from the ceiling (for hanging things.) On one occasion, one of the kids that attends our league came in with a balloon tied around his neck. After he fell out of that day's single-elim tournament, he went running out to get something to eat, and the string of the balloon got caught in the paperclip of one of the strings. Instantly he was pulled back, and he had to untangle the string befor he could leave.

(yet he still wore the balloon around his neck the rest of the day...)

There are lots of funny things that have happened at my particular league, among one of the more recent ones, i was playing a team battle and suddenly, someone takes out 3 or 4 dark slowbros out of their binder and yells "THIS IS MY FUSION DECK!"

There was also an incident a few years ago where someone was playing a card wrong or something.. i don't exactly remember, but i remember it involved a coin flip, and i took my coin from the kid and told him he wasn't supposed to flip....
he resorted to trying to flip his gastly XD

And i've also had friends make coutless jokes about the fact that you "bury" cards instead of "disgarding" them when you play on apprentice.. every time i play a professor elm i would get "OH MY GOD, YOU KILLED KENNY!"
and when you bury "here comes team rocket" it's like they're falling into one of their pitfalls XD

The funniest game I've ever played was back in the days of Jungle. I had two DCEs on my Kangaskhan, and managed to hit several times with Comet Punch for varying degrees of damage, but all OHKOs. :lol:

Funniest?

KOing Chrisbo's 110 HP Sceptile with a single Tyrogue and 2 Drowzee!

That was the funniest moment ever, upon realization of what had just happened. (Well, for me it was. I'm fairly sure Chrisbo was frustrated beyond reason. ;))

I've really had two hilarious events. The first was back in the days of just Base/Jungle/Fossil. One day during league my Jungle Gloom knocked out 3 different Charizards. It took them all out by confusing and poisoning them. A single Fire Spin would have blown it away, but the Charizards always had to discard the energy first and then they lost the confusion flips.
Another one is actually sort of two related. A while back I had a jungle Exeggutor/Venusaur/Meganium deck. My goal was to flip as many coins as possible for Big Eggsplosion. My record was 32 coin flips.
Related to that, I currently have a similar deck with Venusaur and Meganium, only now I use the E-card Exeggutor with Called Shot. In one game I did 140 damage to KO a benched Blissey. One kid at my league really fears that deck, though it's mostly just for fun.

I seem to recall one time back in '00 when I was at an unlimited tournament and I was playing some kid.(don't remember what he ran) Anyway each turn, he would attach a DCE to his pokemon. After his 5th or 6th turn, I noticed that he had more energies than he was supposed to have(max:4). Turns out that that same kid had something like 18 DCE's in his deck. Oh, and by the way, he was disqualified from the tournament.

Last edited:
Back