Pokemon's next Spark

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by RKnine87, Sep 26, 2003.

1. RKnine87

RKnine87 New Member

Does Anyone think pokemon will be popular again?
    Can pokemon spark it again?
    I think it will happen. Soon. Really Soon.
    Anyone agree with me?

2. dkates

dkates New Member

It's possible. I hope so, but unfortunately, it's not looking to me like it's likely to happen in the near future. Not sure why I feel that way -- maybe just the lingering feeling that Pokemon is being neglected. If it does, it's looking like it will be with a very different audience from the one that first made Pokemon popular. Everything Pokemon-related (basically, the Game Boy games and the TCG) has become so much more complex than their original versions. I think Nintendo is trying to aim at a slightly older audience -- maybe more to keep in step with the people it first attracted, as they have gotten older, I don't know.

3. League Leader Terry

League Leader Terry New Member

I would hope so. That might end up bringing back some of the older players. I know Pokemon is making a come back in my area. I doubt it'll ever reach the levels of insanity it had in the past, but that's to be expected since the "fad" is over. I'll be perfectly happy with it just being a stable CCG.

4. Psycho_Lugia_X

Psycho_Lugia_X New Member

well i think it is coming back. at least by a little.

Where i live everyone is trying to act "urban" and have a stupid pseudo-gang facade. But when R/S came out i saw bright red and blue game paks in all the GBAs that suddenly appeared. No one was trying to deny that they played the game. there were conversations about it without mockery or jesting.

And the card game! Yeah! I couldnt find it in many places and then i was cruising by the card aisle at Target in hopes that they might have at least some expedition and BOOM! they were charging nearly 4 dollars for the EX stuff and a little over 3 for the recent block! And there were tons of those little hook rows to dangle the booster packs off of. so the price got higher meaning its in demand, and their number grew meaning...they're in demand!

Even my friend who would only play PokéTCG when i brought all my stuff to him (since he got rid of his cards) is now suddenly going back to Poké. he was all Magic and DBZ. now he is starting to invest in the newer sets like a fiend! I specialize in the earlier sets since we had money to spend back then...now we dont have so much money so my most recent set is one booster from AQ!
    >_<