Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

PokePopCast 28: Gentlemen's Agreements and Other End of Match Resolutions

PokePop

Administrator
Staff member
PokePop submitted a new front page post

PokePopCast 28: Gentlemen's Agreements and Other End of Match Resolutions

chu_say__by_kego109_d3fwx6g-fullview-1-300x253.jpg
In this PokePopCast, we discuss all the alternate ways to end a Pokemon TCG Match besides the "normal" win, lose, or tie.
Special attention is given to discussing Informal Agreements, previously known as "Gentlemen's Agreements.
Important for both players and Judges to know what is allowed and what is NOT allowed!

https://youtu.be/SPsSxN9AXgc

Thanks Mike! I used this to mentor judges in my area. I was surprised to find out that some judges wanted to do things like set arbitrary time limits of 10 seconds for Gentleman's Agreements and even to issue DQs to the players having a discussion to evaluate Gamestate! I can understand how judges might be tempted to view discussions where a gamestate is being evaluated as both players trying to convince the other player to concede - but how else can a legal informal agreement based on gamestate be settled except through analytical discussion? Judges giving DQs for that evaluation are in effect creating their own penalty!

I also liked your important segment bringing reasonableness to the table where allowed legal conversations of comparative gamestates do need to be reined in when they become antithetical to tournament operations for timely round turns.

I find your PokePopCasts to be a wonderful tool to spread consistent judging for the community. Good work sir.

Back