POP Forum Problems?

Discussion in 'Professor Forum' started by PokeMeBob, Oct 31, 2005.

1. PokeMeBob

PokeMeBob New Member

Is anyone else having a problem logging into the POP Professor Forum? I seem to be able to log in, it welcomes me, and I get bounced back to the sign-on screen.

2. Team Cook

Team Cook New Member

Are you on AOL?

I've been having this problem for the past couple of days, too. I just tried Internet Explorer and I was able to log in without any problems. From my end, it appears that the problem has to do with AOL.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

3. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

If you're using Internet Explorer or AOL, you probably set your security settings too high. On IE, you go to Tools->Internet Options and set your security tab setting to medium or below for it to work. Not sure about AOL, tho.

4. ColdFire64

ColdFire64 New Member

As of now I can get in with no problems. Are you by chance clicking on the check mark "Remember Me?" after you input your login info? If you do that, it should keep you logged in without any problem. Give it a try and see if that helps.

5. RainbowRichards

RainbowRichards New Member

No problems here...

6. PokeMeBob

PokeMeBob New Member

It appears to be a recent problem. Up until a few das ago, I had access through AOL. Now, I can only log in through IE, not AOL, even though none of my internet settings have changed.

7. Team Cook

Team Cook New Member

That's the situation here, too. We have been logging into the forum for a year now using AOL without any problems. It all changed on Friday, and like you, we did not make any changes to any of our internet or security settings.

8. homeofmew

homeofmew New Member

sometimes aol sets their standards too high
    try changing all settings to adult. When I had aol for 6th months in apartment the
    second highest before adult wouldn't let me access my own pokemon site.

9. The Gorn

The Gorn New Member

The problem is Lickitung. He makes the adult filter go off.

10. PokeMeBob

PokeMeBob New Member

AOL Solution (at least on my PC) - when registering, check on "Remember ME" before clicking on LOGIN.

11. homeofmew

homeofmew New Member

this is why I don't like AOL.
    The slowst most expensive internet service.
    go go Wireless LAN/Cable :)

12. Team Cook

Team Cook New Member

Thanks Bob, your solution is my solution as well.

Works like a charm now! Thanks again!
    :thumb: