porygon z almost playable?

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by TODDakaESTEBAN, Mar 15, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TODDakaESTEBAN

TODDakaESTEBAN New Member

i haven't put a deck up here for a while i've been working on a couple today that have some potential, this isn't the best one so i will post it for help and for all to see

the energy are just examples and are what i would play in my metagame i don't care to hear people's opinions on my choices for energy just fill in the blanks on your own list
    pokemon 22

3 porygon z
    2 porygon 2
    3 porygon
    2 magnemite
    2 magneton pk
    2 magnezone
    2 claydol
    2 baltoy
    1 jirachi ex
    3 pachirisu ge

trainers 24

3 celios
    4 rare candy
    3 POV
    2 night mainenance
    2 crystal beach
    3 lake boundary
    2 scott
    3 roseanne's research
    1 warp point

energy 15

3 special metal
    5 psychic
    3 water
    2 lightning
    2 fighting

the basic strategy is just to attack for x2 weakness to anything, pachi is the starter claydol is draw, i use download when it's good but it kind of sucks so i NEED claydol to make this deck remotely serious

jirachi is just a tech, i like it it fits enregy wise

magneton gets your energy back and evolve into magnezone which can be a fun wall against gardy since this folds to lock

Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
  2. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

Take out something for 1 more Water...... by the way....... do you happen to know how to change my title on my deck that I just posted? I really messed up on it.........

3. TODDakaESTEBAN

click edit then click go advanced, next to the save button, you should have the option to do so from there

4. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

Okay thanks!! it worked

5. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

It works on paper, but then you realize that your attacker has to flip at least one heads to do 80 damage with LB :/ My friends that played this for AZ States all lost games because of damage flips...at one point both of them had at least 2 turns with all tails.

6. DoctorBLACK

DoctorBLACK New Member

i would runmore porygon 2s just because they are really good in my opinion

7. TODDakaESTEBAN

yeah mrdraz07, i never found out your name but i'm todd soto, anyway you're absolutley right about flipping, i've joked around about unkown e being my secret anti porygon z tech, it's not reliable but it's a fun deck that had some serious flaws that i tryed to address, i think luck aside this is my favorite way to play porygon z, i do need some serious help with it so don't be shy anyone

doctorblack, i chose to build it with only 2 porygon 2, i don't like it, i would conisider 1 because it requires so much deck focus and at the same time it can be unreliable, i have yet to see someone post a deck that won with porygon2 for support, so i have 2 in here with a decent supporter line, they can discard them so that can be helpful with claydol
    with 4 rare candy and pachirisu start, if i ever need to download i more than likely can find the 1 porygon 2, i just like claydol better

8. Professor Elm

Professor Elm Active Member

Yeah, I'm makin a Porygon Z deck too.
    BUT
    4x Scott is completely necessary as well as a 4-4-4 Porygon Z line.
    I play mine w/ a 2-2 Magneton line as I don't see much of a need for Magnezone.
    Getting out 4x Porygon 2's is AMAZING with 4x Scott. You essentially can use up to 5 supporters a turn.

9. Kabutops141

Kabutops141 New Member

Like Prof. Elm said, max out Porygon line and Scott.
    You might also want to go with 4 lake boundary, although not completely necessary. You could probably do just fine w/o it.

10. OllieK

OllieK New Member

ummmm add fighting energy....

11. nekorion

nekorion New Member

Might I suggest including some energy searches? Not having the proper energy type when you want to can be annoying. That pretty much makes it a non issue with whatever you're holding.

12. TODDakaESTEBAN

yeah ienergy search kind of a waste of space i have roseanne's and casty's to get the 1 energy i need , then i can get them back with magneton

proffessor elm, the reason i use magnezone, is that the deck is entirely dependent on powers, so like i said it walls psychic lock, i might up porygon count to 4-2-4, if you think more porygon z is needed, i don't want to up to 4 porygon 2, you need to have the means to get that out THEN you need suporters to actually download, taking out magnezone is only 2 cards, adding a porygon, a porygonz and 2 porygon 2's plus maxing out scott, like 6 spots, it's not worth it, that type of innefficiency is why i rely on claydol,

i just feel having magnezone as tech and making the support more efficient addresses some of problems that keep it from being serious, it's different that's the only reason i would post it, if the way everyone played it worked it would be a successful deck

Last edited: Mar 16, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.