Porygon Z? lolz

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Delirium Trigger, May 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delirium Trigger

Delirium Trigger New Member

Ok. So I made this deck a few months ago actually.
    Eh. Never did too well. Strategy behind it seemed pretty good, but I think all in all it failed because Porygon Z depends entirely on coin flips.
    ANYWAYZ DECK LIST GO:

Pokemon: 19
    4 Porygon Z (GE)
    4 Porygon 2 (GE)
    4 Porygon (GE)

1 Delcatty EX (PK)
    1 Skitty (PK)

2 Illumise (GE)
    2 Volbeat (GE)

1 Unown G (GE)

Supporter/Trainer: 25
    4 Team Galactic's Mars
    4 Celio's Network
    2 Mr. Stones
    2 Windstorm
    3 Scott
    2 Roseanne's
    2 Lake Boundary
    1 Switch
    1 Time Space Distortion
    2 Night Maintenance
    3 Super Scoop Up

Energy: 16
    3 DRE
    3 Psychic
    3 Water
    2 Fire
    2 Electric
    2 Dark
    1 Grass

Okay now that thats over, the strategy for the deck was to have one Porygon Z out attacking, with at least one porygon 2 on the bench using download for speed.

Volbeat and Illumise are on the bench to put the supporters back on top of my deck, mainly TGM. With this, I could play at least 2 TGM per turn, taking two cards away from my opponent and gaining 4 in the process.

As for porygon z, I would of course play against their weakness with Lake Boundary in play and hope to OHKO everything.

Using conversion every turn is where Delcatty EX comes into play. Use Upstream and do big damage, reloading my deck with energy and keeping myself from decking. Until Delcatty could attack I would use Constrain to get them down to a 6 card hand, then use TGM to further disrupt.

Unown G is in here for my weakness to Gallade.

I know that this isn't tourney level, (I learned that from my horrible losses at States) it's more off a fun deck. But I'd still like tips and ideas for improvement.

2. patthemanvan

patthemanvan New Member

looks decent, i feel ya about the losses at states i ran one too lol, but until we get a better pory-z it really shouldnt be played for anything except just for fun

3. FutureTrainer

FutureTrainer New Member

This looks like a fun deck to play. What happens when Delcatty Ex or Skitty is prized? Wouldn't a 2-2 line work better? Or perhaps 1 Delcatty EX and 1 Delcatty (PK) for Energy draw. It probably won't do the damage as Delcatty EX, but it could help with even more draw power.

Porygon Z Lv.X might be really helpful with all the draw power you have. Decode to put TGM and whatever else you need on the top, use Volbeat to get an extra TGM back on top, then download one and play one. WOW!

What's the point of 1 TSD and 1 Switch. I generally prefer Night Maintencance to TSD because it is more consitent. Also, you can refill energies (though Delcatty EX does that for you), but you could use NM and Roseanne's Research to keep recycling the card you need to exploit the opponent's weakness.

Good luck,
    Jeff

4. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

Psst:

Delcatty PK + Porygon Z Lv. X = LudiCargo

5. Tentacruel13

Tentacruel13 New Member

3 Lake Boundary is more useful.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Also try Energy Restore.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2008
  6. Delirium Trigger

Delirium Trigger New Member

I thought that the 4 Porygon Z might be more useful since it's the only attacker in the deck besides Delcatty EX. Mode Crash would work great against alot of decks though.

So!

-1 Switch
    -1 Porygon Z
    -1 TSD

+1 Porygon Z Lv.X
    +1 Delcatty EX
    +1 Skitty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.