Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Possible Next Japanese set name

Status
Not open for further replies.

JandPDS

Intense Fight in the Destroyed Sky will possibly be the name of the next Japanese Pokemon TCG set, according to Pokebeach.com. Why is it that the Japanese always have such epic sounding names for their sets and we get Secret Wonders or Legend Maker. The American names aren't horrible just so much as they are plain and benign. If I remember correctly wasn't Dragon Frontiers called The furthest reaches of Offense and Defense or something like that when it was released in Japan?

So any early speculation on what Intense Fight in the Destroyed Sky will be called when it reached our shores?

Personally I am leaning toward Pleasant Observation

Last edited:
Did you see the note at the top of the article?

Sorry missed that note as I just read the main article and did not notice the disclaimer at the top ... edited the above post to reflect said note. Still three is little doubt that the Japanese name will no doubt be a little more exciting and larger sounding then its American counterpart will be, so the main focus of the post is not changed.

Interesting.
We'll have a Fighting type Torterra and Infernape, and a Metal type Empoleon.
Its nice to see the Duel types finally gettting some reginition.

"Intense Fight in the Destroyed Sky" ~ If we named the set that, then we would have Greenpeace trying to shut us down...

Just keep in mind how different their language is from ours. Any language can have things in it that language that sound different and invoke different reactions depending on the native language of the audience. The Furthest Ends of Offense and Defense sounds absurd to many English-speaking Americans but probably doesn't sound out of the ordinary for people who speak Japanese.

I can understand why they'd want to change the set names when they want to sell to America.
In addition, with maybe a few exceptions, the sets in Japan do not overplap at all with the American sets, so it would make sense to give them different name. Sounds like a great topic for a new thread: Should the Japanese sets be %100 in sync with the American sets, in terms of their contents (like Yu-Gi-Oh started to do?)?
So any early speculation on what Intense Fight in the Destroyed Sky will be called when it reached our shores?
A former signature quote of mine:
Great Encounters! Fabulous Discoveries! Secret Wonders! Wowzers Experiences! Hidden Legends!

Personally I am leaning toward Pleasant Observation
:lol:

Last edited:
"Intense Fight in the Destroyed Sky" ~ If we named the set that, then we would have Greenpeace trying to shut us down...

LOL - Now we know who sent that thretening letter to PCL and got the Battle Roads in Japan cancelled.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Just keep in mind how different their language is from ours. Any language can have things in it that language that sound different and invoke different reactions depending on the native language of the audience. The Furthest Ends of Offense and Defense sounds absurd to many English-speaking Americans but probably doesn't sound out of the ordinary for people who speak Japanese.

:lol:

I am not so sure Americans could not comprehend The Furthest Ends of Offense and Defense
as that pretty much summed up this years Superbowl matchup between the Patriots and the Giants
:thumb:

Last edited:
Now Infernape nd Toterra can finally work together.....in harmon-"Infernape, don't Flare Up Torterra! PUT THAT PLUSPOWER DOWN!"

I think "Shattered Skies" or "Broken Skies" would make an excellent name for this set once it got out in the States. However, I think it'll probably be split into 2 sets, since it contains Pokemon that will be central to the 11th Pokemon movie.

- Croatian "fly the unfriendly skies" Nidoking

JShould the Japanese sets be %100 in sync with the American sets, in terms of their contents (like Yu-Gi-Oh started to do?)?
Yugioh now actually comes with around 20 cards a set that Japan didn't include with the set. Half of it is Promos Japan got before, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back