Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Possible Unlimited Strategy. Will it work?

Dek

So I started thinking of different strategies in my head one day for E-on, then I started realizing "Why not Unlimited?" So I was brainstorming for Unlimited for a while when i thought of this strategy:

Oracle
Recycle Energy
TV Reporter

With Oracle, you search for 2 cards in your deck and put them onto the Top of your deck. Recycle Energy, obviously, returns to your hand if it were to get discarded in any sort of way, and TV Reporter lets you Draw 3 cards and discard one of your cards in your hand. Ssssssoooooo, here was my idea...

Turn 1: Use Oracle, search your deck for a Recycle Energy, and put it on top.
Turn 2: After drawing one of your 2 cards, use TV Reporter to get 3 cards (one of them possibly being Recycle Energy), and then discard the Recycle Energy. However, because of Recycle Energies ability, it goes back right into your hand.

So thats my idea. You get 4 cards instead of 3 using TV Reporter and Oracle. Do you think it would work?

I don't believe that will work. Accord to the oracle, RE says:

"Recycle Energy
Energy
Special Energy Card
Recycle Energy provides {C} Energy. (Doesn’t count as a basic Energy card.)
If this card is put into your discard pile from play, return it to your hand."

I don't believe RE is in play when it is discarded, as your hand is not in play.

I thought when it said "in play," I thought it meant anywhere but your prizes, discard pile, or deck. Oh well. Back to the drawing board...

But If I used TV Reporter and discarded Recycle Energy, would it come back into my hand?

No, your hand is not "in play". Discarding from there, for whatever reason, will not save recycle energy.

Humm. . . . Interesting idea but I'd still like CPU Search better even if I had to discard an extra card. (plus the fact that it's a non-supporter)

Side, you could just use Oracle followed by one of several cards to draw from the top of your deck. Off the top of my head, Bill and one of Erika's Trainers would work...

Back