Poundoom

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by SuicidalPikachu, Feb 9, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuicidalPikachu

SuicidalPikachu New Member

Pokemon: 13
    1 Unown G

4-4 Houndoom GE

4 Absol SW

Energy: 16

4 Special Dark
    4 Multi (assuming you can discard for both effects, if not 2 Dark, 2 Fire)
    3 Fire
    5 Dark

Trainers: 31

3 Celio's Network
    3 Roseanne's Research
    4 Quick Ball
    4 Oak's Visit
    3 Castaway
    2 CC
    1 Strength Charm
    3 PP
    2 NM
    2 TSD
    2 TGW
    1 Sydney's Stadium
    1 Warp Point

Strat: Speed houndoom. Absol+houndoom= hand disruption, and then houndoom burst damage to clear away the annoying things. i dont plan on discarding fires. Houndoom is GREAT for burst damage, being able to do a potential T2 80 (Special dark) or 120 if you are rlly lucky.

2. fchangus2

fchangus2 New Member

you should try to fit in 2-3 crystal beach

3. bizzyPOKEmama

bizzyPOKEmama New Member

Add 2-1 darkrai for more damage

4. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

I think it's to weak. Even if it's fast they just sluff until their main attacker gets powered up. Or to make it stronger add 2-2 Darkrai and mabye Weavile.

5. ~`Flygon`~

~`Flygon`~ New Member

Team Mars and more CC. Slim down on the Oaks Visit or just replace with Mars. 1 more warp.

6. Rashad

Rashad New Member

Dude You Need Buffer Pieces

7. Prize_Card

Prize_Card New Member

Cool i posted a deck like this a few weeks ago, this would be my trainer line.

4 celios
    4 rosseanes
    4 plus power
    3 cessation crystal
    2 castaway
    2 stevens advice
    1 strength charm
    3 TGW
    3 TGM
    2 NM
    2 crystal beach (pro)
    1 warp point

I would run something like that,

8. Rai

Rai <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Houndoom says you may discard a dark energy OR a Fire Energy.

Not and/or. Whoops?

Anyways, you have no late game damage, and your only non-supporter pokemon search is Quick Ball. Where are the Great Balls? Where are the Dusk Balls? Where are the Pokenavs? Good questions indeed...
    Maybe no late game damage is okay... You're planning on killing everything quickly anyways, right?
    Wait a minute, what's that? Ralts, Rare Candy, Gallade? What? How am I supposed to beat a 130 HP pokemon, that's weak to psychic, that OHKOs me almost effortlessly?

Indeed, how are you planning on staring down Gallade? I could see you being able to kill Magmortar before it deals too much damage (mostly 'cause it isn't one shotting everything right off the bat), but not really the same with Gallade...

9. fchangus2

fchangus2 New Member

10. SuicidalPikachu

SuicidalPikachu New Member

yea, Bulbasnore cleared that thing up for us, didnt he Rai?

o whats this? T2 Houndoom, 1 shot ralts, *gasp* now they cant get that gallade out and hurt me, o noes. How do you think they are gonna get Ralts, candy, gallade when their hand is dead? o yea, and ZOMG!! Unown G! resistance to psychic too.. however will this beat Gardellade???

may try crystal beach. but, I Dont Play The Fishing Engine Unless I Have To. im not gonna have decks rely on an engine that is gonna be completely shut down by 1 card *cough*kabutops*cough* i would rather think ahead.

Flygon, you realize you can just "sluff" more houndooms onto the bench right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.