Power Cancelling Claydol's Cosmic Power . . .

Discussion in 'Ask the Rules Team' started by Phazon Elite, May 10, 2008.

1. Phazon Elite

Phazon Elite New Member

Alakazam MT
    Claydol MT
    (On a side note, I checked the Compendium Lv. X, but did not find anything pertaining to what I am about to ask)

Ok, well, this is a multi-part question.

1. When using Claydol's Power, you must return "up to two" cards from your hand to the bottom of your deck, then, "if you [did]," you draw cards until you have six cards in your hand. Now, I know that you must return at least one card in order to draw anything, but can you choose to return zero cards and draw nothing if there are circumstances which would make using Claydol's Power like this actually do something? For example, if my opponent has a Shiftry ex out, and my Claydol has 20 HP remaining, I could use Claydol's power, thus making my opponent's Shiftry's Pokebody kill Claydol. This could activate a scramble energy, give my opponent an extra card in their hand, or a number of other things which may or not help me out. Something DOES happen, though.

2. Would I use Alakazam's Power Cancel before or after my opponent returns cards to the bottom of his deck using Claydol? I think it's before, but I hope it's after.

Thanks in advance.

-Marvin

2. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

1. You're not using the Power unless you use the Power.
    That means that you have to do something. If you choose to put zero cards back on the bottom of the deck, you didn't use it. So Shiftry ex wouldn't get to use it's Power.

2. Power Cancel stops the Power from doing ANYTHING. That includes putting any cards on the bottom of the deck.