Power - Phoenix Turn from Ho-Oh

Discussion in 'Ask the Rules Team' started by P_A, Oct 31, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. P_A

P_A Active Member

Let me know if I'm correct. So my active Ho-Oh is looking like it's going to be K.O'd this turn. I flip tails and Ho-Oh and all cards go to the discard pile. Opponent takes a prize. However if I flip heads, all attached cards go to the discard, but Ho-Oh now stays in the active position with no damage counters, and no attached cards, and the opponent takes a prize. Either way the opponent takes a prize, but the flip is only to see if Ho-Oh stays on the field or not. Correct? Thanks in advance for your input.

2. Big Daddy Snorlax

Big Daddy Snorlax Administrator

You don't quite have it correct. The wording on Phoenix Turn is quite clear. If Ho-Oh is attacked and would be KO'd due to the attack, then you can choose to flip a coin, but you don't have to because the Power says "you may". If you choose to flip and get tails the KO proceeds normally. Put Ho-Oh and all cards attached in the discard pile. If you flip heads, you get to leave the Ho-Oh and any Energy cards attached to it in play. Anything else, like tools, goes to the discard pile and your opponent still gets their prize.

BDS

3. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

So basically you have a fully powered HoOh ready to go and keep on building up it's attack power!