PPG Anime, Fly or Flop?

Discussion in 'Anime Realm' started by Cooltrainer Aaron, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Cooltrainer Aaron

Cooltrainer Aaron New Member

I smacked my head against the keyboard when I heard this news, but it turns out that they are officially making a Power Puff Girls Anime.

At first it was thought to be an intricate April Fools Joke, but it turns out to be legit, complete with character art and posters.

Anime News Network has the scoop on it. I'd copy and paste it onto here, but their site is down at the moment.

There are two ways I can see this Anime going. 1. It's going to be more popular than the original series. or 2. It's going to bomb so badly that that they won't want to even try the original series again.

Personally, I'm not a fan of PPG, even though the artist is from my hometown. In any case, check out the main page of ANN and have a read and look at the pictures, then let me hear your opinion on it.

Fly or Flop?

2. Scepterion

Scepterion New Member

So, is it going to be an original anime, made by Japanese people, or a horrible, American anime rip-off?
    Anyway, I think PPG as an anime will be the one of the biggest flops (and an even bigger one if it's the rip-off I mentioned)in history of mankind!!! (OK, I exaggerated too much.)
    But it's likely to be a flop, as I can think how disgusting the girls, Mojo Jojo and the others will look like when "anime-lized".

3. Professor_Chris

Professor_Chris Active Member

Actually. If they look anything like Bleedman's design. They don't look half bad. I don't like the PPG cartoon, but I do love Bleedman's PPG comic.

4. Water Pokemon Master

Water Pokemon Master <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

Wow, just saw the posters. It actually doesn't look that bad. I wonder if they will keep the same VA's.

5. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

That looked very nice. If it looks like that, keeps that attitude, it'll be very nice. If it's just a ripoff of PPG right now, it'll SUK ROYALLY.

BTW, where did you find those posters, WPM?

6. Water Pokemon Master

Last edited: Apr 3, 2005
  7. The Anaconda

The Anaconda New Member

It's being done by Toei Animation, it's a true anime. I don't see anything on their website yet, but then again there haven't been any more detals released except for they're making it. I think it'll be pretty interesting.

EDIT: Just saw that edit. Cool!

8. eI_at10s

eI_at10s New Member

Cool
    I think this is going to be a hit.

9. Professor_Chris

Looks nice. :thumb: I still like Bleedman's better. >_>

[EDIT]
    Love how they took Bubbles' name literally. XD
    [/EDIT]

10. DarkJake

DarkJake New Member

WTH THEY LOOK LIKE SAILOR MOON. LOLOLOLOLOL. Meh, I like Billy n Mandy teh best. and dexter and stuff. PPG is alright.

11. Cooltrainer Aaron

wow, they actually made a test episode and made screencaps of it? I didn't realize it had gotten that far already. Honestly, it sounds like a hellish combination of Evangelion (The psychological part, not the mechas) FLCL and Azumanga Daioh, combined with the classic Sailor Scout outfits.

Is it just me, or does Blossom look like a very happy Asuka?

12. Professor_Chris

Um...how does it sound like any of those? o_O But it does look kinda like Sailor Moon... thats not a horrible thing though I suppose.

13. The Anaconda

The Anaconda New Member

Well that's somewhat suspected I suppose... Same studio (Toei Animation) did Sailor Moon.

14. spartan-104

spartan-104 New Member

what was wrong with sailor moon!?!?!11111

SAILOR JUPITER ALL THE WAY!!!11

well i know if PPG anime comes here i am gonna watch it :clap:

15. Psycho_Lugia_X

Psycho_Lugia_X New Member

Wasn't the whole point of PPG to spoof anime in the first place? Seems like they are being hypocritical.

But you know, if it comes to Cartoon Network, I'll give it a chance.

But they got to get rid of the US-made animes. They don't get the idea of not matching lip movements to syllable sounds. Anime doesn't do that on the average, but US cartoons always do. Simply mismatching the speed of the opening and closing of the syllable sensive mouth doesn't achieve the same thing as what anime does. Know what I mean?

16. Water Pokemon Master

17. Professor_Chris

No, I don't really get what you're trying to say either. =/

And I'm pretty sure PPG wasn't a spoof of anime (if it was, it failed miserably). Duel Masters...now THERE is an anime spoof. :thumb:

18. Porygon

Porygon <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

Spoof? I was always under the impression that it was more inspired by anime.

19. Cooltrainer Aaron

um, Duel Masters is an Anime isn't it? Even though they completely forgot the entire concept of originality.

20. Professor_Chris

I haven't watched much duel masters but one episode I remember them saying things like "They forgot to draw my eyes again! I can't see!" and basically playing off cliché anime plots and such, with the main character's faher appearing in ghost form and such. If its NOT a spoof of anime...then the show obviously sucks. =/