Predatation (EON)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by SlimeyGrimey, Oct 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SlimeyGrimey

SlimeyGrimey New Member

This deck has not been playtested yet, but I plan to this week and perhaps I will take it to league next weekend.

Predatation version 1.1
    3 Shiftry (non-holo, this is basically where I get the name from)
    4 Nuzleaf (razorwind)
    4 Seedot (tyrogue)
    2 Wailord (R/S)
    2 Wailmer (R/S)
    3 Dusparce
    1 Marill
    1 Chansey

4 Oak's research
    4 Oracle
    4 Pokénav
    2 Copycat
    3 Power Charge
    1 Town Volunteers
    3 Pokemon Nurse
    1 Oran Berry
    1 Claw Fossil
    1 Masterball

4 Boost Energy
    3 Warp Energy
    2 Cyclone Energy
    5 Wepear Energy
    1 Belue Energy

The main idea of this deck is to get a Shiftry beating down on whatever is a threat or easy prize. The faster I can set up the better to eliminate threats at low HP before it evolves into something big and nasty. Wailord is the best they come as far as a fast fire counter (one boost for 100 damage and 20 to self).

The Marill and the Chansey are there to get with Dunsparce and then switch to the active position, the Chansey can stall and the Marill can retreat for free. The oran berry is to be used with Wailord to prevent self damage. The claw fossil is to discourage warp points. I have the one water energy to attack with wailmer or marill if I need to, but it will almost definetely be dropped for another grass. Don't even think about adding multi-energy as it will probably just end up providing colorless. The boost energy are what makes this deck work (or at least I hope it works) it is actually quite helpful that it gets discarded so as not to benefit Gardevoir or Espeon. I want to play rare candy but I am afraid of Omastar.

Gardevoir/Gardevoir ex
    first turn plant a grass on Dunsparce:lol: , get seedot, probably a good idea to leve Dunsparce active, otherwise, switch to Marill
    second turn grass to seedot, evolve, glaze/glare/whatever its called
    third turn boost to shiftry and 120 to Gardevoir ex if active

Fire
    Get Wailord as fast as you can and start knocking things out like crazy

Aggron, Scizor, Steelix
    I love feint attack! go for the benched stuff if you can, otherwise take down the big guys with that lovely feint attack

Other stuff
    Probably best to build up Shiftry the slow way so you can attack consistently. Just attack whatever needs killing.

Any suggestions are welcome, please help me with this deck!

2. ProxyBoy

ProxyBoy New Member

Mebbe add some SER2

3. dkates

dkates New Member

No offense, but SER2 stinks! Now, ER2, on the other hand, could be good for this deck (although it'd be more for a Holo Shiftry deck).

4. nikePK

nikePK New Member

Alright, one thing you said is that you wanted Shiftry up and hit their evos before they evolve. Well, for disruption, you'll want some Desert Shaman... I'd play at LEAST 3 in this so you can hopefully mess up their hands so they can't get their evos down. I really don't see how you can rely on boost though, without furret in the deck its hard to accomplish.

Drop the claw fossil, you shouldnt have to stall. Drop the lone oran berry for something else, it won't help you at all just by playing 1. A few more things should be tweaked as well, but I'll leave it to you to figure it out through testing.

Main things: make it more disruptive, get some switch in there too. Also, remove pointless stuff like Oran, Fossil, possibly Chansey, and definitely get rid of Pokenav for some better search... there's TONS.

5. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

Feralicatty (Unlimited)

Nice Deck! Make Shiftry 4/4/4 and you'll be set!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2003
  6. SlimeyGrimey

SlimeyGrimey New Member

After playtesting, I've found that this deck needs switching cards so here are some changes I've decided to make to this deck:

-1 Water
    +1 Grass

-1 Nurse
    +1 Oran Berry

-1 Chansey
    -1 Claw Fossil
    -2 Pokenav
    +3 Warp Point
    +1 Master ball

Last edited: Oct 25, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.