2 Switch
2 Desert Shaman
1 Town Volunteers

Energy-16
8 Water
4 Fighting
2 Warp
2 Boost

I've been wanting to use Omastar for a while, and I've finally figured out how to; with Hariyama. Hariyama protects its weakness very nicely, because it one hits almost all electric, and it can be used against ex's too, except maybe not the psychic ones. Delcatty is for drawing, but this is the first time i'm attempting at using it, so if anyone could give me some pointers on my trainers to have them run well with delcatty, i'd appreciate it. I might run 3/3 on Hariyama, but I really just need to test this out first, this is just an idea on paper right now, though I do have all the cards, I just need to put them together (i'm lazy). So please help me make this deck. I think I may need a better poke than Delcatty, because I like to tech stuff in, so if you guys have any ideas, let me know.

Hey plaid, so THIS is what you run Hariyama with eh?

Hmm, I can't help you with your delcatty situation as I never run the thing. However, I'd play the Skitty that puts your opponents to sleep, I never wake up from that darned thing...

I'd play some Azurill in this, so you can grab those Myserious Fossils and have a turn 3 swarm going.

You're lacking a bit of draw power, though you do have the Catty, you're not playing a lot of energy with it. I think you'll need a few more energy to run Catty well.

Other than that, I'm not sure what to tell ya, Plaid, I guess just test it and see hows it goes.

Good luck with it.

Use Copycat instead of Elm's Training Method. Also, drop an Oracle and an Oak's Research for a Fighting Energy and a Water Energy. Finally, I'd consider using Moo-Moo Milk over Potion. It's a little more risky, but it IS just a little more powerful. Other than that, this deck looks good.

Buried Fossil is soooooooooo superior to Mysterious Fossil is insane.

That's the thing that I find with Buried Fossil is that you turn one Reconstruction for the Omanyte. Then evolve next turn for the Team Assembly and fill your bench. In the meantime I am Oracling for Omastar. I am finding that you do not NEED Delcatty in this deck. You friggin power it up by itself. I just haven't found a need for it. Also PLAY Error Marill. I mean it's essential. You play Water energ anyways. I like a tecH Zangoose as well, but that's just me.

This all speaking from my deck's perspective.

Tips to using Omastar:
Step One: Reconstruction for the Omantye.
Step Two: Evolve and Team Assembly.
Step Three: Omastar swarm using Oracle/Master Ball/Linoone.

*Never play more than three energy to Omastar. Doing this insures that you will swarm. Fifty damage every turn while building is nice.
*Leave the fourth energy spot open on the Active Omastar. This allows you to play a Warp Energy and switch yet power up at the same time. (Works nicely with Error Marill)
*Take advantage of Pull Down. Don't let the opponent escape. Pull Down is so good against EX Pokemon. Pull Down is the reason I play Omastar over EX Kabutops.

I love Omastar becuase it flows so perfectly. You don't need the card drawing, you can practically pull it going yourself with Buried Fossil and Omanyte. Has type advantage against Blaziken. Pull Down works against EX, especially Gardevoir. Swarm with a couple Omastar and once the main attacker goes down you pretty much take over the game. Omastar has 110 HP, it works. The only deck that worries me is Sceptile.

Very innovative deck, but I dunno about Hariyama. Just doesn't seem to click with me. Try Linoone, and get Marill in there. Good luck!!

~Jim Ferrell

Jim, you know the sad thing is, I don't have a single Buried Fossil, and I've won a whole box of SkyRidge cards too! And it's a common too, isn't it! Just my luck. I think while Hariyama might not be that great right now, it'll be great once and those new electric pokemon come out. Omastar has no chance against anything electric, so I need something to stop them. Anything else Omastar can beat except probably Sceptile like you said. I don't see the total point of marril though. It does have free retreat, but how does that help so much? So it can stall with its attack and retreat for free? I'll let everyone know how I do with this after I test it this weekend at my local league.

nike, I have decided to take Delcatty out, but my energy is different.

dkates, I did put a couple Copycat in. I don't think I'm going to use Moo-Moo Milk, just because you have to flip, and I don't like flipping. :D

Jim, I'll take your advice on the Buried Fossil and Marill. I understand why Marill is good now; I was just rolling two dice to see how long I could get at least heads, and I got at least one 28 times in a row! Thanks for your strategy too. I really think that Hariyama is necassary though, just because Omastar really can't handle electric at all, if you play a good electric deck that is. And I still don't really know how I'm gonna beat Sceptile. As soon as I get enough damage on it for a Pull Down to knock it out, I'm sure my opponent will have a Pokemon Nurse ready.

Swampert, I would try Fisherman out, but I didn't get a single one of those in my box of SkyRidge either! I got soooo many of those dumb Mystery Plates and magic sphere things. Town Volunteers works well for now, as I can get back KO'd Pokemon also, which is a plus.

So here is my revisied version:

Pokemon-19
4 Buried Fossil
4 Omanyte (SS)
4 Omastar (SS)
3 Marill (SS error)
2 Makuhita (Low Kick)
2 Hariyama (Holo)

Trainers-25
4 Professor Oak’s Research
3 Professor Elm’s Training Method
3 Master Ball
3 Potion
3 Oran Berry
2 Copycat
2 Desert Shaman
2 Switch
2 Strength Charm
1 Town Volunteers

Energy-16
9 Water
4 Fighting
3 Warp

Lookin' good, plaid. I don't like your lack of draw power in here. Is Masterball really that good? I'd think about running Birch over it. In most cases you get to LOOK at 2 or so less cards, but you get to KEEP a heck of a lot more than Masterball. Sure, its a supporter, but at least you'll have draw power to start the game out with. This way you just keep getting every single thing you need throughout the ENTIRE game.

I think you should run an extra potion and drop an oran since you're running 2 Strength Charm. S. Charm is a really cool idea too, nice surprise as not a whole lot of people run it.

Good luck with it plaid, keep up the good work.

Ok, well I'm basically done testing this deck and finished with the list. It has lost more than it has won, but I still think I can do really well with this. I'm 1-3 vs an Amphy deck. It should have been 2-2, but my opponent got extremely lucky one game. It's really tough vs it because the deck has Zapdos in it, so it basically owns me all by itself. So that's why I'm stealing Gymbo's crystal shard idea. I can't beat it without it. I'm also 0-3 vs a Scizor/Wailord deck. I got kinda bad starts against it though, and you can't have a bad start vs Scizor. The only problems I've had are getting a Buried Fossil out the first/second/third turn. If anyone has a suggestion that might help me fix this, let me know. Here is the basically complete list:

Pokemon-19
4 Buried Fossil
4 Omanyte (SS)
4 Omastar (SS)
3 Marill (SS error)
2 Makuhita (Low Kick)
2 Hariyama (Holo)

Trainers-25
4 Professor Oak’s Research
4 Potion
3 Professor Elm’s Training Method
3 Professor Birch
3 Desert Shaman
2 Switch
2 Oran Berry
2 Crystal Shard
1 Town Volunteers

Energy-17
10 Water
4 Fighting
3 Warp

Swampert, I really like that idea. Doing an unexpected 60 is cool. And it does a status effect too. I think I might try it, I just need to find the room.

Eevee, I could, but Warp helps a lot, so I think I'm keeping it. I'll try it out something though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back