Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Preliminary Grades and Voter Input (Division 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrus

Iron Chef - Master Emeritus
Directions on how to differentiate Voter Input over other comments:

-Read carefully through each deck.
-Title your post as "Voter Input."
-Tell me which deck right off the bat deserved the win.
-In a few sentences, tell me why that deck deserved the win, and the other deck didn't.. Remember, this is a 1 v. 1 format, meaning that you aren't choosing the best of four, but the best of two...twice.
-Use some grade at the bottom of your post to rationalize your decision - preferably the system I've been using this whole contest.

~~~Drrty Byl VS Yellowlob~~~

Drrty Byl

The Metal Parrot
18 Pokemon
4 Piplup L9 DP
2 Prinplup MD
3 Empoleon SF
1 Empoleon LV.X
1 Beldum L.9 LA
1 Metang L.22 LA
1 Metagross L.58
2 Baltoy GE
2 Claydol GE
1 Azelf L.55 LA

26 Trainers
4 Bebe's Search
4 Roseanne's Research
2 Professor Oak's Visit
3 Buck's Training
2 Cynthia's Feelings
4 Super Scoop Up
1 Night Maintenance
4 Rare Candy
2 Energy Pickup

16 Energy
4 Call Energy
6 Water Energy
2 Metal Energy
4 Metal Energy (sp)

The strategy behind this deck is to continuously disrupt the opponent's ability to set up or attack, while dishing out steady damage with a well-shielded bird. Disruption is accomplished with the Empoleon-Metagross combo. Empoleon SF's "Imperial Aura" Poke-Power and "Whirlpool" attack slow the opponent's ability to attach, and ultimately, attack. Metagross' "Magnetic Reversal" Poke-Power makes it possible to lure up and destroy the opponent's bench fodder (CLAYDOL!) and further slows inbound attacks by forcing the opponent to waste attachments and retreat or sacrifice Pokemon. Empoleon Lv. X's "Supreme Command" Poke-Power adds to the disruption by forcing cards from his/her hand. Azelf makes it possible to run a small, yet effective Metagross line, and also fetches prized Empoleon Lv. X. Claydol's "Cosmic Power" is a consistency staple. The heavy Piplup count is to make starting with the bird easier. Metagross also helps to cover weakness as an attacker in a pinch.

Buck's Training builds draw consistency and helps dish out slightly more damage, making the ever popular 130 stage 2 HP a 2-shot affair. Super Scoop Up, Energy Pickup, and Rare Candy make it possible to pick up a damaged Empoleon and lay it back down. Night Maintenance makes it possible to retrieve a kaput Empoleon Lv.X or Metagross.

Call Energy is an obvious consistency move, and the supporting Empoleon/Metagross lines are built to accommodate its C cost. Special Metal Energy is particularly important part of the deck, and couples well with Empoleon's first attack, "Steel Wing", which reduces damage to Empoleon by 20, making it difficult for the opponent to deal considerable damage. Special Metal obviously also works on Metagross.

Yellowlob

4x Piplup (DP)
3x Prinplup (DP)
3x Empoleon
2x Magnemite
1x Magneton
2x Magnezone
1x Magnezone lvl x
2x Baltoy
2x Claydol
1x Spinarak
1x Ariados

Pokemon: 22

4x Special Metal
1x Metal
4x Water
4x Call
2x Lightning

Energy: 15

3x Roseannes Research
4x Bebe’s Search
2x Cynthia’s Feelings
2x Buck’s Training

4x Rare Candy
4x Super Scoop Up
2x Warp Point
2x Night Maintenance

Trainers: 23

Strategy: Using Empoleon’s Power and attacks, with support from ariados and magnezone to abuse them, take advantage early game when they don’t have energy and tank your empoleon to the end.

Abusing empoleon: Empoleon has a built in synergy between its attack and its power, so energy control (of your opponent) is taken care of for the most part. This is further enhanced by ariados, meaning your opponent will be retreating not quite as often.
Empoleon also has extreme tankability, being steel type and using steel wing. It also has massive HP. So to abuse these, special metal is added that can be regulated by magnezone lvl x. you can also move off the metals to a new prinplup, scoop up your active, then play the empoleon back onto the new prinplup.
Scoop-up to reuse its power and prevent Kos. Buck’s to add that extra oomph empoleon needs.
Also, in cases where damage is needed, Magnezone can clean up, moving all the metals to him so that he can do 90+, making up for empoleons lack of damage.
Magnezone also gives free retreat, to bypass ariados and to get new prinplups out to evolve.

Preliminary opinion:

Lists:

Drrty Byl's list is clearly superior to Yellowlob's, but unfortunately for him, it's not superior enough to get him out of the 8 range (near the 9 range). Consistency is very nice, but not as nice as it could be, while a lack of reliable switching is a problem. 8/10.

Yellowlob, on the other hand, barely got into the 8 range. Although his list was fine, consistency felt shaky, and the techs seemed a bit difficult to setup. 8/10.

Creativity:

Both ideas seem to be on the "above average" tilt for me. Drrty has an intelligent gust method, while Yellowlob's Magnezone makes his birds free retreat, and thus makes swarming easier. Both neat ideas, but not absolutely shocking. 3/5 for both.

Card Use:

Ah yes...This is a pain.

The Poke-Power and the second attack seem to go hand in hand, so I'll focus on those as a shared criterion. On one hand, Drrty makes the impact of Emperor Aura/Whirlpool much more potent, by being able to gust things up via Metagross. On the other hand, Yellowlob makes it more reliable through free retreat (not to mention a couple Warp Points).

Neither of them abused Steel Wing much at all, but they both tried to make its damage output better via Buck's Training. Both receive 3/5 here for prelim grading.

TOTAL:

Drrty Byl: 14/20
Yellowlob: 14/20

Both sent in good entries. Drrty Byl's list is clearly better...But...Yelllowlob's concept appears to be overall more effective. This is so close, in fact, that had (hypothetically speaking) either of them thrown in a 1-0-1 tech of the other's concept, then he would've won.

I view this as possibly the closest match of the entire contest. Right now I'm calling it a tie until further notice.

~~~Pidgeotto Trainer VS BloodDraek~~~
Pidgeotto Trainer

Pokemon 23
4 Piplup dp
2 Prinplup dp
4 Empoleon SF
2 Baltoy ge
2 Claydol ge
2 Cresselia md
2 Cresselia x ge
2 Unown Q md
1 Unown G ge
1 Unown P md
1 Chatot md
Trainers 23
4 Bebe’s Search
4 Roseanne’s Research
4 Oak’s Visit
4 Rare Candy
4 Super Scoop Up
3 Night Maintenance
Energy 14
4 Call
4 Metal sp
6 Water

Empoleon SF. At first I thought its power could be used on the bench, and was thinking of Starmie/Mr. Mime. That combo is a large part of a deck with Pluspowers etc., and when I found out that it would also need lots of switches to be using Empo’s power (yeah even in addition to SSUs), I decided against that.
The power being needed in the active spot forces us to use Empoleon’s weak attacks, which is alright since it has one of the strongest powers the game has ever seen. The most efficient attack is the first one, the 40 and 20 defense. The 2nd attack will certainly be used, but it does the same amount of damage essentially (40 and 20 defense vs 60 straight) and only does more on a flip which often won’t matter when it’s our koing move. So we’ll focus on the first attack. With 1 Metal, this can potentially be a 30 defense, very solid. 40 is so weak though. 4 hit ko the many 130 HP guys? The perfect compliment to a card that simply doesn’t do enough damage is Cresselia x. If you’re mainly doing 40, you don’t need a Pluspower once in a while, you need it basically every turn. This looks kind of pathetic, all this to improve our terrible attack power?, until we think of Empoleon’s defense again. This is even more complimented by Cresselia. Cresselia with some 90 HP guy that’s just going to get ko’d in 1-2 turns easily won’t buy you more turns of not being ko’d. A 130 HP guy with defense +30? Now that’s different. 2 Cresselia out means (until you get to ko range) an effective defense of 50?!?! Now that’s making a significant difference in the game. Cresselia is absolutely perfect for guys that do little damage and take a lot of hits without being ko’d and Empoleon fits that mold EXACTLY. I really want to stress that, the deck may not look so techy or sparkly, but that’s because I really believe these 2 Pokemon are just perfect compliments, and doubt a better partner for Empoleon could be found.

Everything else should look self explanatory, your basic (but proven very good) Claydol/Supporters/Call engine to get those Empoleons and Cresselia out. Once you get those going, your opponent will find it hard to deal with decent attack power (with Cresselia), very, very strong defense and having to skip their energy drop multiple turns a game. And all this from a guy that will usually only want 2 energy to attack and has the sol

The deck doesn’t have many techy tricks, since Cresselia fits it so well and techier tricks like the Starmie/Mime just are going to take too much space. 4 SSU because the power is SO broken (I’ve thought this long before this contest). SSU is also great with tanks like Empoleon, especially ones with not too much energy, and 2 isn’t very much. 3 NM because I may want even more than 6 Empoleon over the course of the game, when they have one prize left you can retreat for more Empoleons and get more of his power which could slow them down enough to win. (How many games have all of us had where we are certain to lose next turn UNLESS they don’t have an energy to play, now you can make them miss that easy last move). They might ko Empoleon 5 times and you’ll still have 2 more powers instead of one and that could be the difference. Or, they ko Chatot and 4 Empoleon and you have 3 powers at the end. With only 2 energy to get attacking, this retreat and swarm with more powers strategy should definitely work in an endgame.
I’ve learned Uxie is great, but I like Chatot in a deck that can fit Calls to get setup.
The Unowns may make you scratch your head. The Unown Qs are mainly for Cresselias. Unown G is for placing damage counter, special conditions etc. decks. Empoleons natural defense doesn’t work there, so Unown G is a natural ally and just one can be SSU’d and NM’d multiple times. Unown P looks strange in theory, but is a metagame play I thought was worth it. It’s always helpful to look at the metagame when you think about a deck, so what’s big right now? Kingdra and AMU. Kingdra looks great for this. Your 60 gets reduced by 30 id 130 HP.

...and then 20 removed? Nice. AMU looks like trouble though. Your power will be GREAT against it, but your 40s won’t 2 hit ko, and you’ll have no damage counters to move. (Yes, you can do 40 and then 60, but that 3rd energy drop when they’ll ko a lot is huge and your swarms will run out much quicker.) So… we can use Unown P as essentially a Pluspower. Since all the AMU x’s have 90 hp, the 10 extra is perfect for making 2 hit kos, which should give us the victory (since the power will basically make impossible repeated 1 hit kos from them).
Energy is pretty standard, thought about 1 Psychic, but I like as many Waters as possible for Prinplup dp. Those 10s will be nice to manipulate with Cress later. I don’t see attacking with Cresselia coming up much, Empoleon is much more efficient.

Thanks.

BloodDraek

Disuptive Rush

pokemon: 20

4-2-3/1 Empoleon (3 SF, 1 MD)
2-2 Claydol
1-1 Palkia Lv.X
2 unown q
1 Azelf LA
1 Chatot MD

energy: 14

4 call energy
4 Special Metal Energy
6 Water energy

trainers: 26

4 bebe's
4 roseanne's
4 Rare candy
4 switch
4 Super Scoop up
2 Speed Stadium
2 Wager
1 TMTS2(devoluter)
1 Night Maintenance

Strategy

You want to get an empoleon SF out as early as possible along with a prinplup and piplup on bench. With super scoop ups you can consistantly use empoleon sf's pokepower. Palkia Lv.X offers more board control. The tech of empoleon MD is for when you use palkia Lv.X to bring up something that you don't want to die (heavy retreat for example) so you can snipe their bench. 4 Switches because unown Qs aren't enough when handling palkia Lv.X. 2 Speed stadium for extra draw power which the deck needs, and palkia can fetch it if you are unlucky enough to start with him. Azelf to take important stuff out of the prizes and of course chatot for bad starts(uxie not for this deck IMO). Everything else is pretty self explanitory.

[[[I will post my preliminary opinions here tomorrow]]]

Last edited:
voter input

i vote for yellowob. i dont see how metagross benefits empoleon as opposed to any other deck. i like yellowlobs use of magnezone and super scoop up to have a heavily protected empoleon at all times. ariados looks unnecessary though.

I feel like using board controll along with emps power is a really good idea. Whether its palk or metagross. Gust+power+defensive attack=good

I find it interesting how Pidgeotto Trainer used creselia Lv.X in his build, but I just don't see the need for 4 of the SF Empoleon. When using my build on redshark I found a MD empoleon was a good substitution for 1 of the SF empoleons.

and I thought you could use the power from the bench too

I think Drrrty Byl hasthe win over YellowBob, I think Drrty Byl has a way more consistant list and and uses Empoleon more.

Just throwin in my 2 cents

voter input

i think yellow lob has the advantage since drrty byl does not have any form of switching the active besides SSU, which is not always reliable, while yellowlob has SSUs and magnezone and other swtich cards

I'd kind of like to side with yellolob for the first matchup because his deck has more versatility and recovering ability particularly with more Prinplups and Magnezone. Drrty Byl's strategy sounds cool in theory, but I don't think it would actually perform as well as it sounds =\. Supreme Command can sort of be played around and Metal Reversal requires a flip hence my suggested flaw in theory ><".

i like pidgeotto trainer's deck more than blooddraek's for the reason that i think ross focuses more on empoelon's real abilites: defensive walling. cresselia is easily the best partner for empoleon, since as he said, reducing 50 damage is simply ridiculous. and that was only with 1 metal energy. just think of multiple!

Drrty Byl vs Yellowlob is very close, while on the other side i would give Ross the win for what you said.

Drrty Byl
Deck: 8 I would have given more with Uxie or 3-3 Claydol
Creativity: 3 I like the Metagross idea pretty much, but it's the only thing
Card Use: 3 I feel Empoleon 1st attack it's not exploited
TOT:14/20

Yellowlob
Deck:7 No Azelf, 3 Roxy, no drawing and no balls...i don't really like it
Creativity:3 I think Magnezone is a very good addition. Maybe it's a 4.
Card Use:4 Empoleon Power and the 2 attacks have a big support.
TOT:14/20

Basically, i think Yellowlob has been more original but Drrty Byl has made a better deck.
I think for Iron Chef, unfortunately for Drrty, Yellowlob should get the win for its deck idea, even if the deck is not well-built i think.
Really close BTW, i'm not sure at all about it.

Voter Input

Drrty Byl vs Yellowlob

Yellowlob 9-5-5
Drrty Byl 9-4-4

Both lists are good, very good. But relying only on Super Scoop Up to get a new Empoleon evolved on the active spot is not good enough. 2 warp or switch are a must imo.

Pidgeotto Trainer vs Blooddraek

Pidgeotto Trainer 9-5-4
Blooddraek 8-4-4

4 Points on card use for PT because I really miss Switch or Warp Point.
Blooddraek if you want boardcontrol in a way this list is made a 2-2 Palkia would have given you more points.

I think that 1-1 Palkia and 1 Azelf is better than a 2-2 palkia because its just as consistant and it saves a spot

Saving a spot<losing a bench spot. 1-2 would've been the best, though 1-3 could be acceptable (but highly unneeded).

Voter Input

Between Drrty Byl and Yellowlob:

Drrty Byl: Prinplup DP would have been much better, way better for spreading IMO. Seems like straight Empoleon to me....Metagross tech with Metang, Claydol, and Azelf. Azelf was a good idea, for Metagross mostly. Metagross is an okay tech, it's metal though, that's good. Although idk why the Power is too good, Empoleon SF doesn't hit the bench, Prinplup does though a little, but there's only 2 in the deck. Pretty muc h Straight Empoleon to me.

Decklist: 6/10
Creativity: 4/5
Card Use: 3/5

TOTAL: 13/20

Yellowlob: Magnezone....it's good, but could be a bit slow having 2 lines of Stage 2's. I also think it has got to have wayyyyy moar Metals. I don't see the combo between the two. The Ariados tech is really creative, nice.

Decklist: 7/10

Total: 14/20

In my opinion, Yellowlob should win.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

BloodDraek: Once again, not much bench hitting, but the Palkia is a good idea, I like it. Empoleon MD was a good idea to use, I was waiting to see somebody with him. Unown Q good idea. Low on energy, need these to retreat.

Decklist: 8/10
Card Use: 4/5

PT: Too many Empoleon SF, soo many techs like Unowns, Cressilia is kinda slow for with Empoleon whereas Empoleon SF doens't even spread, no combo there.

Decklist: 7/10
Creativity: 5/5

BloodDraek: 16
PT: 15

Last edited:
Voter Input

Drrty Byl vs. Yellowlob

I'm going to argue that my list is better for the following reasons:

1. Drrty Byl has a way to retrieve a prized one-off cards (Metagross or Empoleon Lv.X, using Azelf), whereas Yellowlab does not. Magnezone Lv. X is essential for Yellowlob's strategy to work, however, Metagross and and Empoleon Lv.X are not essential for Drrty Byl's Empoleon speed focus. Magnezone Lv.X is not easy or fast to get out, and what if it's prized? Likewise, this could be a problem for Yellowlob's Ariados line.
2. Yellowlob only runs 11 consistency cards; of which only 4 of are draw-oriented, and this seems inconsistent. My list runs 7 draw cards.

Pidgeotto Trainer vs. BloodDraek

I think Pidgeotto Trainer's is better for the following reasons:

1. Pidgeotto Trainer's list seems more consistent using Professor Oak's Visit for draw. Speed Stadium does not seem reliable, and can actually help the opponent.
2. Cresselia Lv.X is relatively easy to get out, and seems like a creative solution for deflecting even more damage from Empoleon.

Drrty Byl vs. Yellowlob

I'm going to argue that my list is better for the following reasons:

1. Drrty Byl has a way to retrieve a prized one-off cards (Metagross or Empoleon Lv.X, using Azelf), whereas Yellowlab does not. Magnezone Lv. X is essential for Yellowlob's strategy to work, however, Metagross and and Empoleon Lv.X are not essential for Drrty Byl's Empoleon speed focus. Magnezone Lv.X is not easy or fast to get out, and what if it's prized? Likewise, this could be a problem for Yellowlob's Ariados line.
2. Yellowlob only runs 11 consistency cards; of which only 4 of are draw-oriented, and this seems inconsistent. My list runs 7 draw cards.

Pidgeotto Trainer vs. BloodDraek

I think Pidgeotto Trainer's is better for the following reasons:

1. Pidgeotto Trainer's list seems more consistent using Professor Oak's Visit for draw. Speed Stadium does not seem reliable, and can actually help the opponent.
2. Cresselia Lv.X is relatively easy to get out, and seems like a creative solution for deflecting even more damage from Empoleon.

The thing with Creselia is that you aren't always going to get out 2, Ross talks about it like he is going to get out 2 really fast but when in reality it isn't as easy

And I chose speed stadium over POV because it won't waste my supporter for the turn, and could potencially help more than POV because I can use it every turn. I was thinking of POV but I just don't see it being as helpful as speed stadium. You could bebe's for a claydol and then drop speed stadium dropping your hand size and allowing more draw for after the cosmic power and future turns. I mean I could get punched in the face by the opponent for getting a whole bunch of heads while they get only tails but I still think I like it better than POV.

As well as that palkia bringing up a claydol or something else and then denying them energy for the turn is pretty disuptive. And when I have 4 switch, 4 super scoop ups, and 2 unown Q I don't think my opponent choosing what I bring up would be a problem.

I chose Azelf because I'm not always going to need just palkia, from my expierience using empoleon/claydol in states sometimes you could get 2 baltoy or 2 claydol prized or 2-3 piplups prized, azelf is good for all of those situations. And as lil magma said it saves me one spot in the deck.

However in PT's deffence I think 2-2 creselia could really destroy the opponent if it got set up. It doesn't really prevent 50 damage, it prevents 30 and heals 10 so if an empoleon was at 100 hp and got hit for 60 after a steel wing it would still get knocked out. Very Deffencive and effective nonetheless. as well as that unown P is pretty smart for when no damage is on the board. (would suck to start with though) G is also pretty essential in a deck that relies on preventing pure damage but I think only 1 unown G is a little unneccesary. it is like putting a band aid on a broken arm, not going to help much. Very cool list and very creative but I just don't think it as consistant as mine.

either way if I lose Good Luck to you in top 16.

I would also like to thank you Cyrus for assigning this challenge because I loved Scizor EX, (loved to play with it reducing 50 damage all the time) and this was about as close to it as could be.

Voter Input

"Drrty Byl V Yellowlob"
My Winner: Drrty Byl

Drrty Byl (DB):
-SSU is your only switch card, and it requires a flip
-Metagross is a great idea
-The Lv.X is great for the extra lock, but 4 SF Empoleon are really needed to ensure a quicker Empoleon

Yellowlob (Yl):
-Nice use with Magnezone, this can help ensure constant switching and moving the energy around with Magnezone Lv.X, also great combo with Ariados
-Iffy on the 3 Roseanne's and only 4 Draw Cards (Excluding Claybal line)
-The energy seems okay, but i'm iffy on the 2 Lightning, I think one would be a better choice

List:
DB: The list is really good, the 1-1-1 Metagross over 1-0-1 shows that you are focused on using Rare Candy on Empoleon which is good. Azelf is a great tech to fetch things from prizes. The consistent trainer line doesn't leave much to be desired, and the energy line is great. Things not needed: Empoleon Lv.X and the Energy Pickup because it only picks up Basic Energies, 2 Warps at least are needed I think.
Overall an 9.5/10 very good.
Yl: The list is not so great, the inconsistent Pokemon line (4-3-3 Empoleon?) seems to be the downfall of the list, the trainer line is also lacking. The energy line is probably at Par. At best I'd say this merits a 7/10.

Creativity:
DB: The Metagross/Empoleon combo is nice however I don't see much creativity. 3/5
Yl: The idea to keep your energy always move around to give anything free retreat is great and very creative in Empoleon. 4.5/5

Card Use:
DB: I don’t think Empoleon was used to it’s FULL potential, the power was somewhat ignored with the lack of switching cards. 3.5/5
Yl: I think Empoleon was displayed nicely here, I think the second attack was ignored however. 4/5

DB: 9.5/3/3.5=16/20
Yl: 7/4.5/4=15.5

As you can see a very tight race, very tight, a half of a point difference.

“Pidgeotto Trainer V BloodDraek”
My winner: Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer (PT):
-A very nice list, Cresselia Lv.X and Metals keep damage off the massive tank of a penguin
-The list is overall VERY solid
-3 Night Maintenance and no switching cards (Excluding SSU) is a down

BloodDraek (BD):
-Palkia is a great tech, probably could have been subbed for Metagross
-Speed Stadium seems like a nice stadium to use here
-With only 2 Wager I can see problems already in the draw department

List:
PT: Very nice list, watch out for Unown Starts though. The list seems consistent, mainly because of the straight draw however I think you could have benefited from a wager or two. 9/10

BD: I like the list as well; MD Empoleon is a problem however, the draw is a problem too but overall pretty good. 8.5/10

Creativity:
PT: I must say Cresselia was a very creative idea, to be able to keep damage off Empoleon, who already reduces a lot. 4.5/5

BD: I like the use of Palkia, to, like Metagross, drag up and use the second attack to discard their energy is a great idea. 4.5 as well.

Card Use:
PT: Fantastic Card use, especially of the first attack. Each other attribute of Empoleon seems adequately used as well. 4.5/5
BD: I like how Empoleon is used here. 4/5

PT: 9/4.5/4.5=18/20
Wow, great score
BD: 8.5/4.5/4=20
So close

Kettler, sorry my PM had to be broken up into two parts with the PM character limit but could you fix it on your post? The 2nd paragraph that starts with "and 20 removed...." should be moved to the very end after "Your 60 gets reduced by 30..."
Sorry it was messy. Thanks.

Sorry again. The section that needs to be moved ends with 'sol' and it should end the overall post as 'solid 130 HP.' I wasn't paying attention on my c/ping. :redface:

Last edited:
I can't help but to comment too lol.

I like the Magnezone x idea as a secondary attacker that doesn't take away from Empoleon's energy drops, I think that's pretty creative. The Ariados I don't think adds much to the deck. Even with the 2 Warp Point, I can see Ariados doing very little many games. Something spread could use Ariados better, I don't think they'll want to retreat very often against Empoleon. (Would be different with Meganium d's effect on opponent, but Empoleon isn't like that). Even on Warp Point, they may look to sacrifice something still, that's what you can do when you're facing a deck you can overpower later.
The gust is always a solid effect, but I think many more Pokemon that have been seen in these competitions use it better. Spread decks are good with gust (our pod last had Medicham ex). Quick koing decks can be good with gust. This is neither. Gust and do 40 is very ehh and the 2nd attack is just inefficient. Paying 3 to do 60 will come back to get you in this format in a close game. While gust is certainly good, I think Cresselia definitely plays to Empoleon's specific abilities much better. (really mostly his attack, his power is insanely good no matter what you do).

Btw, to one response, I wouldn't say Cresselia is best for spread decks. If you want spread, play something like Spiritomb. Cresselia fits tanks that do low damage much better imo. As an aside, a lot of spread decks have low hp, so you may not be gaining damage in that case, but just moving it, since you'll only face ohkos.

Btw, btw, because the power is so broken, I would not play less than 4 of the SF one.

Last edited:
When are the results from me and PT's match going to be posted, I know I probably lost from looking at the voter inputs but I am a little anxious to see what the final verdict is

The thing about voter input is that even _with_ the opinions, it's still my choice and my choice alone.

Give it a little time, though. I should have all results decided by Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back