Price for Shining Magikarp 1st Edish/Error POP 5?

Discussion in 'Collecting and Card Price Discussion' started by Crystal Hikara, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Crystal Hikara

Crystal Hikara New Member

From Neo Revelation, Shining Magikarp was one of the first shining cards made. Now, I've seen some NM 1st edition S. Magikarps go for $20 or so on Ebay, but mine is near perfect mint (as in there are barely any scratches or any sign of wear), so I'm assuming it's more than that. I realize it's an old card, but just curious to see how much it could possibly go for, as I've had it for a while now. I don't have any scans, perse...

Oh, and on a slightly different topic, I also have an error holo POP5 Mew Delta Species Card. The back of the card is upside-down. Anyone have any idea how much that one would go for?

2. AnimeDDR110

AnimeDDR110 New Member

I would say around $15-$20 if your lucky, even if it is 1st edition and mint.
    Don't listen to eBay, mostly everyone overprices on eBay.

3. Freezer

Freezer New Member

lol? eBay is THE source for prices!
    btw i think he didn't mean BIN auction...

4. Skitty

Skitty New Member

The foil POP5 Mew you have is worth about $5. The upside-down back was a very commen error on that card. The correct one is actualy harder to find.

5. Crystal Hikara

Crystal Hikara New Member

Really? Had no idea that the POP5 foil Mew was a common error card.

Anyways, what confused me about the price was the fact I saw a listing for a Shining Magikarp (some other addition; not first) in Japanese and the price was extremely steep. I know that it used to be worth much more when I played back in the days of Johto, but I assume, naturally the price is far lower now because it was circulated out. Still, I had no idea it was that low.

Ebay actually has some very well priced cards, if you search well enough, I think. :/ Maybe that's just me...