Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Price guide is Open

BLiZzArD

Check the top right corner looks like the hard working folks here at the gym are adding even more cool reasons to come to thier site.

BLiZz

Awesome. I've taken a look and already have a suggestion...

You should be able to click on a cards name* and go to that cards gallary picture (assuming there is one). That would make the whole thing really interactive, which would be really cool.

Thanks 'Gym, for taking up more of my time! :clap:

*Or you could have a 'go to scan' button somewhere near the cards title.

thanks for that!
its a really great addition to the gym and will be a help to man people.
although one thing that i noticed (that is the same with nearly every price guide i have seen) is that the prices are very high.
i know that it is only a guide, but i would like to ask, where you get the prices from?
cause if you look at the completed lisitings of cards on ebay they are a lot cheaper than those.
sorry if it sounds like i'm complaining, because im not.
thanks pokegym for the great addition!!!

BLiZzArD said:
We're already working on that just 1578 scans to go -- we're not kidding!'

BLiZz

Hey, if you need a hand with any of the scans, by all means, please let me know. I have a fairly decent collection, and a scanner at work and home.

Noice. I like it a lot. Obviously there will some debate as far as a card's true value but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Honestly, I would like to know if Celio's Network is a typo cause that's a $1.00 card but is listed at $0.10. If ANYONE is selling Celio's for $0.10, I'll PayPal you $10 + shipping right now.

All in all I think this is a fabulous addition and will help a lot of parents, especially those who aren't familiar with the game and card value. For avid players and collectors it will probably serve as a nice source of debate and an easy way to skew trades in your favor. I think a seperate thread, possibly a Sticky for recommended changes to the Price Guide would be nice. Just my opinion.

I don't know if I'd agree with $4 for a RH version of a $2 card. I do feel the prices is close to what I would pay for them.

Now if I want to buy or sell I can look at the price guides before selling/buying.

POLOP said:
i know that it is only a guide, but i would like to ask, where you get the prices from?

Quoting from the Price Guide intorductory page:

Our Price Guide tries to reflect these variations. Use the values as follows:
  • Low: This is a wholesale price. What you might expect selling in bulk or to a store. It could also reflect a bargain found online, usually from a poorly advertised auction.
  • Med: This is what you might get or pay in a private transaction. It is also a typical price that you would expect to pay to win an online auction.
  • High: This reflects what you would expect to pay in a store. It might also reflect the high end of online auctions, especially for rarer, more desirable items. You’re not going to get a Worlds 2004 Finalist card at a discount price!
  • Trade: This attempts to standardize a value for widely different ranges of items to help in figuring out complicated trades. In the end, however, any trade that makes both parties satisfied with what they got is a good trade. Don’t get bogged down in what someone else (even us!) tells you that something is worth. If it’s worth it to you, then go for it!

Charizard #4 Holo Low Avg High Trade
Standard Printing 8.00 20.00 40.00 10.00
1st Edition 40.00 50.00 100.00 80.00

and the 1st edition used to be around $300...tsk, tsk, tsk... ;x

Yes, we are limited by transactions that we can find.
Also, there is the range of prices that RR reviews above.

So, with those two things in mind...

POLOP: If you can give specfic examples of what cards you think are priced too high and point us to where that card is being offered or has been sold for the lower price, please do. Bear in mind that if you tell us our high price is too much and then point us to ebay, that's not valid, as ebay would more reflect the Medium price. But we really do want specific feedback!

Prime: You're looking at the High range of pricing. In those cases, you will find those prices in shops and, yes, they do charge that much. Not that we would expect a saavy PokeGymmer to pay that much.

TacC: I'll check the price for that. But note that we have seen many transactions on auction sites for "lots" of playable trainers going for $0.99/set of 4. Or even $0.01!!! These low sales are hard to categorize well. Best to key off of the Medium price, which we feel is more "mainstream".

:thumb: This is great :clap: By the way we have PETM and Mary falling out of the binders because we have so many. Its like a common to us. Its the Rare Candy that we have a hard time finding. I have seen kids with ten or more but they do not want to trade them.

Venusaur said:
I think the hot trainer uncommons are priced a bit low. I don't think you'd be able to get Mary's Requests and PETM for 50 cents.

I agree here. Also in the trade values. A card may be able to be bought for $2 but I know some RH trainers go for like $5+ in trade value.

PS - Are you guys aware of some of the errors? I skimmed a few pages and I noticed you had 0.00 as some values and also sometimes the RH was missing. ie the UF trainers around Protective Orb.

PPS - This is amazing and I can't believe you guys actually put the time in to do it. Great job.

Last edited:
ShawofMordor said:
PS - Are you guys aware of some of the errors? I skimmed a few pages and I noticed you had 0.00 as some values and also sometimes the RH was missing. ie the UF trainers around Protective Orb.

And that is why we're counting on lots of pairs of eyes to provide exactly this kind of feedback!!! :thumb: Thanks! :clap:

[edit]Plugged in the missing values :wink:[/edit]

Last edited:
If you really want to skew your HIGH prices, check out the prices at POKEORDER.COM. Lugia(#29) from Unseen Forces is selling for $24.99. And their Firestarter Blaziken is selling for $44.95.

Yeah, we thought of using them, but we're going more with places like Collector's Cache. It's high, but not crazy.

PokeBake said:
If you really want to skew your HIGH prices, check out the prices at POKEORDER.COM. Lugia(#29) from Unseen Forces is selling for $24.99. And their Firestarter Blaziken is selling for $44.95.

That's nothing - check out some of the singles prices at Stop2Shop.com :eek: - Ho-Oh ex @ $69.99; Suicune* and Raikou* @ $99.99 :tongue:

Back