problem with an electivire deck

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by indokid, Mar 26, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. indokid

indokid New Member

its weakness is fight, and gallade will kill it,
    waht tech/s can i put in or anything
    to either knockout gallade or have electivire have no weakness,
    i really want to run electivire, it goes 50-50 against mag varients
    but i really have a problem against g&g

2. homeofmew

homeofmew Active Member

1-1 Blastoise D CG. Would help a little bit.
    unown g may help vs bring down

3. japple52

japple52 New Member

Blastoise-d (CG) has a Pokepower that makes your active not have weakness. Also, FF Holon with a Fire Engery attached removes weakness too. These are the only cards I know in the format that remove weakness for non-water type Pokemon.

Lightning is hard to play in today's format. However come MD, it should be better.

I hope this helps,

4. moza

moza New Member

just use pp w/dp vire to ohko.

5. Yoshi-

Yoshi- New Member

Its not Gallade that screws Vire, its Gardevoir.
    No Powers means no NRG recycling and ones you've done 120 your Vire will never be able to power himself up again.

6. afstandopleren

afstandopleren New Member

How about a Vire deck with Ampharos. Doing 70 damage and 20 damage on each of your opponent's benched pokemon with energy if you discard a:lightning energy. (only if played right.)
    With it's 130 it's a decent Gallade wall even with weakness. It takes atleast 2 prize flips to actually KO him which decreases Psy Cut's potential fast.
    Also, the spread damage from it's attack makes your opponents pokemon far more likely to get hit by
    Bring Down. But just to be save, you can add Unown G.

For the list of my Vire deck and strategy, use this is the link if you are intrested:
    http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=69570

7. skarmory777

skarmory777 New Member

That's not the problem. Think of the line. Elekid through electivire lvl X all have powers that help accelerate the deck. Gallade can kill you but probably won't. Gardevoir will kill you. They keep you from using those powers and you can't even get an elekid to electabuzz. I think the better question is what will stop gardevoir...

8. ~`Flygon`~

~`Flygon`~ New Member

the Flygon d ex thats supposed to be in the deck with Lake Boundary,thats what will

9. skarmory777

skarmory777 New Member

so a stage two line squeezed into the remaining space along with electivire, some kind of draw like claydol or delcatty, a starter, and blastoise or ampharos. Please play at the Orlando regionals. I would love the first round win.