Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Professor Cup 2005!

SD PokeMom

Mod Supervisor
Staff member
Posted on the POP Professor Forum, and reposted here with Mike's permission...

Columbus, Ohio
www.originsgames.com

Date:
Friday, July 1, 2005

Time:
Registration begins at 9:00AM.
Boosters will be handed out at 10:00AM.
Round 1 pairings will be posted at 10:40AM
Round 1 will begin at 10:50AM

Admission:
You must purchase entry to the convention to participate in this event. The event itself is free, however.

Event Format:
Swiss rounds will be Limited – Sealed Deck.
Elimination rounds will be Limited – Booster Draft.
Basic Energy cards will be provided at the event.

Number of Swiss/Elimination Rounds:
The number of Swiss rounds will be based on attendance. The single elimination cut will be approximately 25% of the total attendance.

Restrictions on Entry:
To participate, you must be a Professor in good standing, and have earned at least 10 Professor Rewards Credits prior to 6/30/05.

Prizes:
Trophies will be given to first, second, and third place finishers. Additional prizes to be announced at the event.

Please note that due to the POP’s expectations of its Professors, penalties for some infractions may be escalated.

Discuss! :D

'mom

\/\/007!! >_< Awesomeness. I'll definately be there. Already fulfilled the 10 point quota. :D I'm slightly disappointed in the lack of Rochester though. =/

Looks fun. Not sure if (a) I'm going to still be a professor by then and (b) I want to play (too many other things at Origins and I'm going to do some of them THIS year, but it looks good.

Why would they run Swiss with Sealed?? That format is so luck-based. I would have liked draft into Swiss and Rochester redraft top cut.

And, don't you get 10 for judging at 1 Premier Event?

I wish I could attend, but I JUST became a professor afew weeks ago , and the fact that theres only one sanctioned league in my area doesn't help the getting points thing.. Sounds like it would be alot of fun though.

I need US$1000 for the air-ticket but I have only $100 in my pocket lol

So if each members in the gym give me $10 then I may have enough money to go :D

MP Birch Is In The House!!!

~~MP Birch Will be In The House~~

Master Professor Birch has the "Airline Tickets" and "Hotel Reservations". So, MP Birch is in the house!!! I am looking foreward to this event. I could have a chance to win if "DTM" isn't judging. :nonono:

A note for the "Professors" in my area of the USA (Texas & Oklahoma). If you are GOING to "Origins 2005" for sure, contact me by "PM" or email. So that I can try to get you as staff for my premier events. That way you will have earned your ten "Professor Points" so that you will be able to enter the "Professor Cup-2005". :thumb:

Good luck to all.

:pokeball: Master Professor Birch :pokeball:

Battle of the XL professor COATS!!!

Birch v. 45!!!

We are selling tickets to this one...I can see the tag line...

THEY CAME TOGETHER TO CREATE THE GREATEST POKEMON EVENT OF ITS TIME - SOUTH STADIUM CHALLENGE 2005....NOW SEE THEM BATTLE IT OUT HEAD TO HEAD TO FIND OUT WHO IS "THE" PTO OF ARKANSAS!!! A STATE RIDES IN THE BALANCE!!! THE WAR TO SETTLE AR!!!

Birch has TX and OK by the horns, M45 has West TN and MO....AR is between them and it will not be pretty (OK, ignoring the fact that MO actually touches OK, but, heh)

See you all soon!

M45

meganium45 said:

Birch v. 45!!!

THEY CAME TOGETHER TO CREATE THE GREATEST POKEMON EVENT OF ITS TIME - SOUTH STADIUM CHALLENGE 2005....NOW SEE THEM BATTLE IT OUT HEAD TO HEAD TO FIND OUT WHO IS "THE" PTO OF ARKANSAS!!! A STATE RIDES IN THE BALANCE!!! THE WAR TO SETTLE AR!!!

Birch has TX and OK by the horns, M45 has West TN and MO....AR is between them and it will not be pretty (OK, ignoring the fact that MO actually touches OK, but, heh)

See you all soon!

M45

Whats this!? A misplay!? Head judge Taylor M. has been called over! Vince forgot to discard his supporter! Game loss! Too bad Vince, maybe next year you can win AR back. :O

Xl???

meganium45 said:

Birch v. 45!!!

See you all soon!

M45

~M45~

I haven't worn a "XL" lately!!! I wear an "XXL". Sent back the "L" and received the "XXL" today. So, if this is to be a "Battle of the Super Heavy Weights", You need to grow a little more.

MP Birch

Master Professor Birch said:

~M45~

I haven't worn a "XL" lately!!! I wear an "XXL". Sent back the "L" and received the "XXL" today. So, if this is to be a "Battle of the Super Heavy Weights", You need to grow a little more.

MP Birch

Superheavyweights???? Oh yeah, I'm there. I wrote the book on the " see food" diet!
Well, I get the winner. You got to go through LA for AR!

Rick

Last edited:
Back