Professor Cup 2011 info

Discussion in 'Professor Forum' started by SD PokeMom, Mar 25, 2011.

8 league13 468 60
  1. SD PokeMom

SD PokeMom Mod Supervisor Staff Member

from the TPCi professor forum, with dan's permission to repost:
    'mom

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  2. PokeDad

PokeDad Forum Moderator

Squeeeeeeeeeeee17

3. Rainbowgym

Rainbowgym Active Member

2. Only Pokémon of a single type may be used in a deck, INCLUDING colorless.

So for example only water pokemon in a deck or only fire Pokemon (and colorless counts as 1 type used )?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  4. PokeDad

PokeDad Forum Moderator

I read this as the Pokemon in your deck must be all water, or all fire, or all colorless, or all dark, etc.

5. Rainbowgym

Rainbowgym Active Member

Yes that's how I read it to, but I was just wondering if I translated it correct.

I didn't see anything about B&W rules while the set is legal for this event, is there any additional information about that?

6. Rogue Archetype

Rogue Archetype Moderator <br> Contest Host

THIS sounds extremely fun. Only 1 type, handpicking your starter before shuffling and drawing in 6 cards for initial hand. This is Hotness. (Backpacks to TOP 16 is WHOA !! )

7. Lawman

Lawman Active Member

Also, the legends count as each type, so you can run ERL in a fire OR electric deck. Likewise, you can use any energy card type! Interesting concept.

Keith

8. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

Thx for reminding me of my second deck choice, Keith ^_^

9. Muk Man

Muk Man New Member

this is gonna be donphan-tastic

10. bullados

That's what we said about last year. No Donphan made it past T8. I was the last Donphan eliminated.

I think Arceus or GarchompC eventually won.

11. Professor Sycamore

Professor Sycamore New Member

WOW! This is going to be really fun! I'm going to have to go into my laboratory to really come up with something great.

---------- Post added 04/08/2011 at 09:30 AM ----------

I have a question. With the rule of single type decks, would you be allowed to use the Dual Type Legend pokemon? As long as the rest of the deck is one of it's types? IE: Have DPL, but the rest of the deck being Steel OR Water (not both)

12. EeveeLover

EeveeLover Member Services Administrator

Unless I am reading this wrong,

I would say no to dual type legends, as they are not a single type.

13. bullados

Eevee, check the Prof Boards. Dan confirmed that dual-type legends count as one type OR the other, but not both for deckbuilding purposes.

14. EeveeLover

EeveeLover Member Services Administrator

Oh, well I guess that is what I get for not looking at the Prof forums on this topic.

I don't think I will be able to play again this year, hoping to be doing other things.

15. Charizard3712

Charizard3712 New Member

So this means that Steelix,Scizor,Eevelutions,and Tyranitar will not get played in this event? I'm totally okay with that.