Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Professor Logos are going away...

bulbasnore

Administrator
Staff member
Trader Feedback Mod
...on July 1st for every member who has not joined the Professor group under the NEW process. Those members, including staff, who have not used the new process to join the professor group will need to reapply!

The professor group leaders will be announced Sunday night; they will have a few weeks to learn how to process requests before this mass deletion. We ask you to be patient, as it does take 3-5 minutes to confirm each request and the PGLs have limited time to do processing because they have to 'keep their day job', since they are 0nly receiving the standard P0keGym staff pay.

Why are you taking away my logo?
Why are you making me re-apply?

We currently have 439 members with the Prof Logo. I don't know if there are that many Profs in the world. I doubt it. It is well known to us that many are no longer professors who have the Prof Logo.

The Professor Logo is a courtesy we offer at the PokeGym for those who are serving the players as a Pokemon Professor. As part of honoring those people and out of respect for this fine PUI program, we want to be accurately reflect who is a Professor. Those who are done with that service are encouraged to list past service in sig or profile.

Of course, if you joined the Professor group with the new process and took your test in the last year, your logo will STAY with no further action by you until the anniversary of your test date.

P.S.

There are currently 11 outstanding requests to join the Professor group. These will be processed by the new PGL staff as part of their training. To those who have been waiting, thank for you patience.

I'm a little confused. I can't sign up to be a Prof right now (I already AM one). I updated my last Prof test pass, but I'm not sure if there's anything else that I have to do. Thx!

Do we really want test date, or do we want expiration date?

Remember that with retests, the test date does not necessarily reflect when their Professor status expires. (I retested back in May but my expiration is June 15.) If we're using that date to set when a person's logo should expire, then we're going to end up with lots of people losing their logos early.

Also, My Pokemon doesn't give you your last test date. Expiration, on the other hand, is readily available.

Mine only gives me the option to leave the group. :confused:

Chairman Kaga, I believe the expiration date is 1 year after your test date. So, if your expiration date is Jan 1, 2009, it means you took the test on Jan 1, 2008.

...since they are 0nly receiving the standard P0keGym staff pay.
POP packs and 'gym dice + shirt? :biggrin::cool:

Chairman Kaga, I believe the expiration date is 1 year after your test date. So, if your expiration date is Jan 1, 2009, it means you took the test on Jan 1, 2008.

Not once you've retested. When you pass the retest, it just extends your Professor status another year.

My expiration date is 6/15/2009. That would be quite an accomplishment, to pass the test two days in the future :)

Will Professors that have filled out the NEW form and been approved for the logo in the past still have the logo? Or will everyone have to reapply for it?

I lost my most recent email about me passing the professor test. Is there any way to bring up the last time I passed the test on the OP site?

All I see is on the Prof Points area it shows your Expiration date and your last test score.

Maybe take your expiration date and go back a year? Would that work?

Admins are allowed to make pot-stirring headlines - for the 'Gym!

Do we really want test date, or do we want expiration date?

Good point! Maybe we'll set expiration as test date + 13 months.

Will Professors that have filled out the NEW form and been approved for the logo in the past still have the logo? Or will everyone have to reapply for it?

Yes, those who have been through the process will still have the logo, subject to annual renewal.

Those who haven't will have to estimate their last test date when applying.

What if we are already a part of the professor usergroup? How do we then apply with the new information?

What if we are already a part of the professor usergroup? How do we then apply with the new information?

First I kick you out of the group, then you reapply. :eek: We might do it in waves to adjust the load for the PGLs: Screen names beginning with symbol and a-f in week one, number and g-l week 2 and so forth.

We'll only do that once, thereafter people can update their prof-test date.

So, if we currently don't have the option to "join group" should we just hold tight or shoud we opt to "leave group" for now?

I would just hold tight. You may not need to do anything if:

Yes, those who have been through the process will still have the logo, subject to annual renewal.

Those who haven't will have to estimate their last test date when applying.

You may make the transition with no need to reapply, you might have too though. There are a few of us that will be working hard to get all the requests done as fast as we can, while making sure that only active Professors get the logo.

Well said EeveeLover... PGL to the Professor forum, stat! :biggrin:

Folks, just an update, we're still waiting for the My Pokemon site to come back up, that is why people that went through the old process haven't lost their logo yet.

Hold on to your hats, the OP site is back up. As soon as I test the script, I will kick all the old profs out of the group so they can reapply. Sometime this weekend.

OK, time to reapply everyone who is still a prof. 352 members were removed from the prof group just now. Please be patient with the PGLs as they verify each request at about 5 min each.

Back