Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Professor Program!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broken Lizard

Due to the overwhelming response from our current POP Professors, we have closed the Professor Q&A submission form. We received over 700 questions and answers in just two days which shows the level of dedication that our Professors have for the game, as well as the breadth and depth of their knowledge. For this, we’d like to thank all of the Professors who took the time to submit question and answer sets via our website. We will be working on selecting the question and answer sets over the next couple of weeks, and will send out the rewards to the Professors who’s question sets are selected as soon as possible.

I'm sure the Professor Test will go up, and the rewards will be sent any day now! :clap:

Or, maybe not... :mad:

As it happens, we got a preview of some of the questions being worked on, so it should be soon!

glad you didn't promise in a couple of weeks PokePOP ;) I suspect that Broken Lizard is trying to establish if

soon > 2 weeks
or
soon < 2 weeks

If PUI want some help with the questions there are a few of us master profs who would gladly check a small batch say 10 questions each. I'd even be prepared to coordinate that effort.

Thats been on the web site for almost 1/2 a year.

Blimey that long, glad nobody is that upset at the delay then ;)

I hope we get the professor programme running sooner rather than later as it is sorely needed. You can't run serious and credible OP without knowledgeable judges and I hope we get the list of professors back up PDQ too.

I have assurances from POP that the test should be out very soon just as they finish their big plan for the website and POP ID management. Sorry I am not allowed to say more than that.

mysterioustrainer said:
I have assurances from POP that the test should be out very soon just as they finish their big plan for the website and POP ID management. Sorry I am not allowed to say more than that.

Yay! More wallpaper!

I sure wish, despite all the warnings, that any confidential and/or privileged information actually remained unreviewed, unused, undisclosed, and undistributed by persons or entities other than the intended recipients. Some certain organizations mandated that is (or was) strictly prohibited.
-Phil

Good to hear the program is coming soon. I have a couple of players that have been wanting to become professors.

RainbowRichards said:
Phil - do you run a League? I'm guessing not, or you'd know wallpaper is not what was being referred to...

Nope and quite honestly I'm not a huge fan of the "OMG I KNOW SOMETHING BUT I CANT TELL YOU" type of posts... if you're going to allude to something and never actually mention the factual information, implying that you have a status (privilege), then I believe your status should be removed. It's really quite arrogant to flaunt around vague references to information that's not public.

But yes, I have a general consensus of what will be included on the site, thanks to those who have alluded to the new changes. I've seen the ID form fields pop up on the POP site, I've heard from many that the penalties are being worked on, TC is working with POP to finish the Professor Test, and a more secure POP ID# system is being introduced (reminiscent of DCI cards).

Was that so hard? If you're going to come on here or another public place and release partial info, might as well release it all. I've got no ties to POP, excluding the defunct Professor Program. I guess I have the liberty to blab the full, unedited, info as it come my way. :rolleyes:
-Phil

Good to know that something is at last being done about the problems :)

Thank you phil for "phil-ing" in the missing info and I agree the "I know something you don't" posts are a pain!

For me it is a matter of tell all or tell no one, building cliques and groups of informed insiders is not good for the community. PUI should either tell all or tell no-one, and those that need to know as part of the development process should be subject to restriction on what they can reveal.

The unofficial, official announcements need to stop.

OK, so rather than knowing that, yes indeed, the Prof test is being worked on, you'd rather hear crickets chirp.

Got it.

well untill a few moments ago I wasn't aware that TC were working with PUI on the prof test. I'm glad that things are happening behind the scenes but I don't see why TC's involvement in the prof test should be kept secret. I'd even say that it is somethign tobe celebrated and published widely.

(I guess that my offer to help with the checking of the questions and answers will fall on deaf ears )

"working with" is too strong a phrase.
And short of giving out actual test questions, that's the sum of it.

There are a lot of things that are done that I only get glimpses of from reading them on this board myself. I like getting those glimpses.
While I agree that posts that amount to "Ha Ha, I know something you don't!" are annoying, I don't think I see that on this thread.

A direct question was asked.
As best an answer that could be given was given.
Further questions about when it would appear on the website was answered that lots of things would be appearing on the website. Probably as best as that posted could answer as well.

Complaints that these answers fall into the "Ha Ha" category lead the posters that shared what info they felt they could that they would be better off keeping their mouths shut and letting people sit in the dark. Why would they want to give what info they can when the response it going to be getting their heads bitten off?

Sorry Pop, I have to disagree here and say that this again smacks of insider knowledge being flaunted or another unofficial, official announcement. If PUI want it to be known what they are doing they should make the announcement.

It is great t know what is happening but I am concerned that PUI is not making that known to all other than through hearsay or insider knowledge.

Tell all or tell no one is my preference but that is just my oppinion..

If they had said something to you,rather than Myst,would we be having this discussion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back