Promo Cards

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by UncleBob, Sep 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UncleBob

UncleBob New Member

Okay, so what exactly are the promo cards that Nintendo has given out/plan to give out?

Of course, there's Groudon and Kyogre promos (regular and holo). And there's the upcoming Pikachu and Meowth promos (holo only) in the EX tin we're all waiting for... What kinds of promos will be given away at the Sandstorm pre-release tourney?

2. farbsman

farbsman New Member

The paperwork the Tournament Organizers were given said there was only one promo and it is a Pre-released stamped version of a card in the set, but didn't say what the card was.

Also, there are promos #8 Torchic & #9 Winner Combusken that are league promos. Kinda makes you wonder what 3-7 are :confused:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2003
  3. UncleBob

UncleBob New Member

Well, as long as the "stamped" card is the same as the regular card, it doesn't bother me much... (wonder if they'll be limited to stamping just *one* card or multiple cards...)

These #8 and #9 cards, however, are just two more I'm stuck with needing to get... :( And since I don't play the game and there's no tournaments anywhere close... :( Bah... stupid promos... Maybe I'll be lucky and they'll be holo-only cards. Then I won't need to get them!

I'm guessing that two of the cards #3-7 are the Meowth and Pikachu cards from the tin...

4. Oak

Oak New Member

Can anyone confirm that the Combusken "winner" has a jumbo version?

5. soslowpoke

soslowpoke New Member

It does

6. thepeppokemon

thepeppokemon New Member

the prerelease card is a prerelease stamped Armaldo

7. Gym Leader Blaine

Gym Leader Blaine <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/member.php?u=15

Is the card foil or non-foil?

8. Tego

Tego New Member

Prerelease cards are back? Great! :clap:
    Does Armaldo look like the previous ones, like Clefable, Aerodactyl etc?

9. Water Pokemon Master

Water Pokemon Master <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

It probably is the same as the other prereleases, but it may not be holographic.

10. Tego

Tego New Member

They change the "Winner" stamp text a bit, so I thought they might have changed the "Prerelease" stamp too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.