Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Psy-ray; Lil' bit of Everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

HypnosProjectHQ

Psy-Ray

Okay... I've tried many VERY VERY rogue decks. This may be another pathetic attempt at the Modified Format, as far as I'm aware.

You wanna start with at LEAST 3 fossils and an EX Pokemon (preferably Lapras ex). And since my deck has only 6 Basic Pokemon, I usually mulligan (YES)! I also have the automatic option to call a mulligan if I only have fossils in my hand and a crappy hand otherwise. I want either a Copycat or a Professor Oak's Research to play 1st turn. It gives me the draw advantage which I like.

Then if I'm playing against a Fire deck, I want to get Lapras ex rolling. I'm playing Lapras ex because I find Fire types very common around here. Also, I am playing Mewtwo ex for the fact that he is a very strong basic EX Pokemon.

With the fossils in my deck, I have the retreating advantage. I can Super Scoop up to get any of my Pokemon/fossils in play back, I can just discard the fossils, or I can play Switch when I have my favorite Stadium Card in play, Mirage Stadium.

This deck is about two things, speed and stall. If I wanted to, I could call this deck "SS: Psy-Ray," but I don't want to because that sounds retarded. I'll leave this paragraph at that, and I'll give you guys the deck list now. Have fun with some tweaks and comments!!!

Pokemon (8)
3 Lapras ex
3 Mewtwo ex
2 Wobuffet

Trainers (38)
3 Copycat
4 Professor Oak's Research
4 Switch
4 Super Scoop Up
4 Potion
4 Mysterious Fossil
4 Claw Fossil
4 Root Fossil
2 Town Volunteers
3 Pokemon Nurse
2 Mirage Stadium

Energy Cards (14)
7 Water Energy
7 Psychic Energy

I know that there are many Supporters in this deck. Almost every one in here is necessary. Maybe once EX: Dragon is released, some of the Trainers will help out, but I don't know. I hope you enjoyed reading this deck list and I hope you can comment a lot to help me out. Thank you for your future commentary and input.

Last edited:
Okay... I would scratch the Lapras for Wynaut and Wobuffet. Take out some of the trainers to make more room. add more nrg and add 4 Jugglers. make sure you have a 4/4 Wubba line and 4 Mew2 ex. make all your nrg psychic for nrg absorbtion and add Pokemon Fanclub. then add Master Ball and change Potion to Moo-Moo Milk. That's a good start, but keep on building! Demand nothing less than perfection!
-Swampert

Cept that then everyone would be weak to Psychic... :/

That'd bite. Plus, Fire is VERY common at our league. Its what it takes for me to get ahead in life... Lapras ex...

The problem with Lapras ex is that it is not a great counter to fire since it can't even OHKO fire. Lapras ex is a good stall but not a good fire counter in my opinion.

And more about Lapras ex, it's great to start with because I can start dishing damage by turn one usually. And lets say I'm up against someone's Torchic (common, very common), then I've easily got and advantage. Like I said, FIRE IS VERY COMMON HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back