Psy-ray; Lil' bit of Everything

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by HypnosProjectHQ, Nov 1, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HypnosProjectHQ

HypnosProjectHQ New Member

Psy-Ray

Okay... I've tried many VERY VERY rogue decks. This may be another pathetic attempt at the Modified Format, as far as I'm aware.

You wanna start with at LEAST 3 fossils and an EX Pokemon (preferably Lapras ex). And since my deck has only 6 Basic Pokemon, I usually mulligan (YES)! I also have the automatic option to call a mulligan if I only have fossils in my hand and a crappy hand otherwise. I want either a Copycat or a Professor Oak's Research to play 1st turn. It gives me the draw advantage which I like.

Then if I'm playing against a Fire deck, I want to get Lapras ex rolling. I'm playing Lapras ex because I find Fire types very common around here. Also, I am playing Mewtwo ex for the fact that he is a very strong basic EX Pokemon.

With the fossils in my deck, I have the retreating advantage. I can Super Scoop up to get any of my Pokemon/fossils in play back, I can just discard the fossils, or I can play Switch when I have my favorite Stadium Card in play, Mirage Stadium.

This deck is about two things, speed and stall. If I wanted to, I could call this deck "SS: Psy-Ray," but I don't want to because that sounds retarded. I'll leave this paragraph at that, and I'll give you guys the deck list now. Have fun with some tweaks and comments!!!

Pokemon (8)
    3 Lapras ex
    3 Mewtwo ex
    2 Wobuffet

Trainers (38)
    3 Copycat
    4 Professor Oak's Research
    4 Switch
    4 Super Scoop Up
    4 Potion
    4 Mysterious Fossil
    4 Claw Fossil
    4 Root Fossil
    2 Town Volunteers
    3 Pokemon Nurse
    2 Mirage Stadium

Energy Cards (14)
    7 Water Energy
    7 Psychic Energy

I know that there are many Supporters in this deck. Almost every one in here is necessary. Maybe once EX: Dragon is released, some of the Trainers will help out, but I don't know. I hope you enjoyed reading this deck list and I hope you can comment a lot to help me out. Thank you for your future commentary and input.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2003
  2. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

Okay... I would scratch the Lapras for Wynaut and Wobuffet. Take out some of the trainers to make more room. add more nrg and add 4 Jugglers. make sure you have a 4/4 Wubba line and 4 Mew2 ex. make all your nrg psychic for nrg absorbtion and add Pokemon Fanclub. then add Master Ball and change Potion to Moo-Moo Milk. That's a good start, but keep on building! Demand nothing less than perfection!
    -Swampert

3. HypnosProjectHQ

Cept that then everyone would be weak to Psychic... :/

That'd bite. Plus, Fire is VERY common at our league. Its what it takes for me to get ahead in life... Lapras ex...

4. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

okay, but still. consider my advice...

5. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

The problem with Lapras ex is that it is not a great counter to fire since it can't even OHKO fire. Lapras ex is a good stall but not a good fire counter in my opinion.

6. HypnosProjectHQ

Really though, it could do both.

7. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

Listen to Pidgeotto Trainer. He knows what he's talking about (most of the time :rolleyes: ).

Last edited: Nov 2, 2003
  8. HypnosProjectHQ

And more about Lapras ex, it's great to start with because I can start dishing damage by turn one usually. And lets say I'm up against someone's Torchic (common, very common), then I've easily got and advantage. Like I said, FIRE IS VERY COMMON HERE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.