Psycho Monarchy

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by MrMeches, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrMeches

MrMeches New Member

Psycho Monarchy

POKEMON 22

3 Nidoran m
    2 Nidorino
    3 Nidoking

3 Nidoran f
    2 Nidorina
    2Nidoqueen
    1 Nidoqueen d

4 Phione

1 Baltoy
    1 Claydol

TRAINERS 23

4 Celio’s Network
    3 Roseanne’s
    3 Professor Oak’s Visit
    2 Steven’s Advice
    2 Professor Rowan
    4 Rare Candy
    2 Windstorm
    2 Night Maintenance
    1 TSD

Energy 15

4 Call
    3 DRE
    7 Psychic
    1 Scramble

Well, with this season running down and things fixing to rotate, I thought another attempt at Psycho Monarchy would be fun! Phione just makes this thing faster and more painful! Obvious start would be Phione with a Call energy or Nidoran (either) benched.

Try to get either the Queen d up fast to help with Evo Wish or get out a King to slow them down and start spreading with Poison Rub!

I considered going with Dusknoir, but too much and Poison Rub just hurts them so bad with bringing up the Claydols that seem to be everywhere! Rub the bench sitters fast and often and force the play!

Trainer Line is pretty straight forward speed and setup! Rowan just is an interesting card against GG as it forces them to decide if and when they want to use it. I noticed from some Japanese decks I have read online that 2 Rowans are not unfamiliar in the lists. So if they like it, why not try it!

This deck is Untested (other than Shark) so real time may make it for something more interesting!

Good Luck and SotG, Always!

Fish

Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
  2. jkwarrior

jkwarrior New Member

Yummy

I think Claydol is necessary in order to keep up...maybe a 3/2/3 Queen line.

If you run Claydol, then the 4 pov are unnecessary, so you have more spots to toy with.

The Nidoking is the one that does bench damage, right? Absol ex is a possible tech idea.

3. MrMeches

MrMeches New Member

King Delta does, this is the Psychic one that pulls up and then does 20+Poison. So 50 to a Garde plus Poison to 60!

I cosndered Claydol and the POV would be nice to make them PP or SC!

CU at Worlds?? No more oops plays buddy!

4. jkwarrior

jkwarrior New Member

lol i am the oops play master. yes i will be at worlds!!

i am actually going to toy with the nido's now. this seems interesting.

I will try it with and without the doll. i definitely think stadiums/windstorms are necessary

5. Blaziken 1111

Blaziken 1111 Active Member

Play at least 2 Queen d. They set you up so fast. I would even play 3 but 2 is fine.

6. DreamChaser AJ

DreamChaser AJ New Member

I was thinking of something along these lines too. Maybe slim the Nidoqueen line down to add room for another support or tech line.

7. ApachePrime

ApachePrime New Member

I played this with Weezing and one less DP'Queen. I also didn't use Phione to start, because I feel the Nidoran's set themselves up pretty well.

It's a FUN deck. It's hard to get setup, especially with Dusknoir in the format, but it is a lot of fun.

8. MrMeches

MrMeches New Member

The Phione definitely helps with the Speed setup and Dusknoir can be poison Rubbed to get around the Power. It isn't Easy, but it is very managable since it has 3 Retreat!
    Put in the list wiht Claydol 1-1 Line and added Windstorms! Thanks JK <3 U!
    Any Luck with this anyone??

9. homeofmew

homeofmew Active Member

you don't need 4 phione fish.
    also 2-2 claydol also may be better
    good day sir
    tina

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.