Psyshadowned...(EXON)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Jim Ferrell, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Ferrell

Jim Ferrell New Member

Alright, I seem to take long breaks from the game. I did not die. Well, not physically anyways. :thumb: I strongly believe that Nintendo is just going to use their own cards to avoid potential problems and such down the road. NOTE: I have not been focusing much on the boards on much recent news. Just took a break from mostly everything. So, if I am missing something, keep that in mind. Anyways, making really good decks is strive for. So, here goes. This next deck uses potentially the best draw engine possible for EXON. Yea, it's pretty sick.

Alright, so I spend a good amount of time looking over all the new Sandstorm cards as well as re-reading the R/S cards. (Still have ZERO Nintendo cards, GO ME. Payday this Thurs, however. hrhrhrhr) And I can't help but notice the high usage of Gardevoir EX being used, and that's all well and good, as it is a super good card, yet I am wondering "WHY isn't the OTHER Gardevoir being used as well???" Psyshadow to power up Gardevoir EX's attack is pretty sick IMO. Also, I am seeing high amounts of Rare Candy and low amounts of Kirlia. Is it me, or does anyone else find Life Drain extremely broken? I like Kirlia a LOT. Because for one energy you practically have a KO. Besides, you can swarm with them if need be. Gardevoir goes down? You can recover quickly with another Kirlia. That's pretty good IMO. Sure turn two Gardevoir ex is nice, but I would rather have the extra support to fall back on during recovery. Now you may be wondering, "How is he going to fit all of that in the deck and pull what he needs?" Well, that's simple. It's through this extremely broken drawing system to which I shall get into...now.

Alright, we all know about Delcatty. Discard an Energy for three cards. Yay. Good, great. However, I am already running Gardevoir who is Psychic. So why not run ANOTHER great drawing card who happens to be Psychic. Yea, I am talking about Wynaut? Why not Wynaut? (Sorry, had to. XP) Imagine the card and deck control you could have. You could pull Delcatty's from your deck if needed and have drawing. Or pull Gardevoir stuff. Yea, pretty sick. The deck just flows. But, there's MORE. Yea, MORE. So, with discarding Energy for cards, what Pokemon would be nice that gets back Energy? Oh wait, Mewtwo EX. So basically, you sit back and late game have the Gardevoir EX out and Energy Absorb a couple times, SWITCH and BOOM, you have tons of extra damage done. The great thing about this deck is that you can not only manipulate your drawing, but you can also manipulate the damage to your liking. It's pretty wrong. And I can't forget about everyone's favorite purple balloon with a weird tail/head thingie!! Wobbuffet to counter Mirror and other EX Pokes. I mean I am playing Wynaut anyways. So, why not Wobbuffet? XD

And now for your viewing pleasure, prepare to get Psyshadowned...

Psyshadowned
    EXON Format

Pokemon: 23
    4 Ralts (Hypnoblast)(The best Ralts needed for...)
    4 Kirlia (Life Drain)(One Psychic for flip and potential KO with COUNTERS! Nice)
    2 Gardevoir (Psyshadow for attack damage manipulation, solid attacker)
    2 Gardevoir EX (Beatdown stick squared)
    3 Skitty (Sooo cute...needed for...)
    3 Delcatty (Drawing cards sure doesn't seem like a bad idea)
    3 Wynaut (Why not grab what you need?)
    1 Mewtwo EX (Backup and late game Energy absorption)
    1 Wobbuffet (Sandstorm)(Mirror Match and pwnage of all EX Pokes)

Energy: 19
    19 Psychic (Hmm...I forgot why I played these again...)

Trainers:18
    4 Lanette's Net Search (Grab the Skitty and Ralts or whatever)
    4 Wally's Method (Evolving is FUN)
    4 Potion (Healing doesn't HURT hrhrhrhr)
    3 Professor Birch (Drawing)
    3 Switch (Retreating for free is such a convienence)

Well, there you go. This deck was largely influenced by Chris Fulop. Mad credit and props dude. Your list and your ideas >>> me. Thanks for the help We so totally make the best decks! Our lists are almost always the same. Thanks for talking me out of the janky tecH garbage. ~_~

~Jim Ferrell :thumb:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2003
  2. dkates

dkates New Member

It seems to me that in a Gardevoir deck, it's better to have most of your Psychic Energy in your deck than in your hand or discard pile, so you would want to tend toward search, rather than drawing. That points to Linoone. Not to mention that Continuous Headbutt is an excellent backup attack.

3. Jim Ferrell

Jim Ferrell New Member

Linoone doesn't work as then you cannot use Wynaut and yea. Delcatty lets you continue your turn. You don't want to use the Power EVERY turn. But it would be nice to pull cards. Besides you can pull Mewtwo and absorb and have the energy back that way. It works.

~Jim Ferrell

4. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

Energy Switch is very good too... that sickly poke on your bench thats hogging energy gets to donate it to a higher cause!

5. Jim Ferrell

Jim Ferrell New Member

That actually isn't a bad idea, NoPoke. I have been thinking about potential changes to the deck and such.

Dkates was right about Delcatty to an extent. I still want to use the power to draw cards. And basically if I get 8-10 energy in play (including my opponent) I am extremely set with Psystorm. I can also pull energy from my deck with Psy Shadow. So, I am going to cut 1/1 Delcatty. And add another Mewtwo ex to help with pulling discarded energy back. Because realistically, I do not need that many Delcatty. I would use mabye like one per turn anyways. Drawing four cards per turn as well as using evolutionary attacks is still really good. For the other spot I am gonna add another Gardevoir ex. I also think I am gonna cut a Wynaut for another Psychic. I am not sure yet. I'll test.

So here's the updated list:

Psyshadowned
    EXON Format

Pokemon: 22
    4 Ralts (Hypnoblast)(The best Ralts needed for...)
    4 Kirlia (Life Drain)(One Psychic for flip and potential KO with COUNTERS! Nice)
    3 Gardevoir EX (Beatdown stick squared)
    2 Gardevoir (Psyshadow for attack damage manipulation, solid attacker)
    2 Skitty (Sooo cute...needed for...)
    2 Delcatty (Drawing cards sure doesn't seem like a bad idea)
    2 Mewtwo EX (Backup and late game Energy absorption)
    2 Wynaut (Why not grab what you need?)
    1 Wobbuffet (Sandstorm)(Mirror Match and pwnage of all EX Pokes)

Energy: 20
    20 Psychic (Hmm...I forgot why I played these again...)

Trainers:18
    4 Lanette's Net Search (Grab the Skitty and Ralts or whatever)
    4 Wally's Method (Evolving is FUN)
    4 Potion (Healing doesn't HURT hrhrhrhr)
    3 Professor Birch (Drawing)
    3 Switch (Retreating for free is such a convienence)

~Jim Ferrell :thumb:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2003
  6. dkates

dkates New Member

Unless you're only planning to use Psy Shadow about 2-4 times in a match, I'd consider adding some Moo-Moo Milks. I have a Gardevoir deck without Gardevoir ex, and I can tell you you will probably want a whole lot of small healing.

7. Jim Ferrell

Jim Ferrell New Member

Alright, so I have played around with the deck idea without Delcatty. I am not sure in this stage of the game, if Delcatty is REALLY needed. With solid drawing and Wynaut, I do not really think the four spaces is worth it. At least in my testing. I also am not satisfied with Mewtwo either. As he comboed with Delcatty. So I am removing them all. I reconfigured my deck quite a bit, and I REALLY like it now. Take a peek at...

Psyshadowned
    EXON Format

Pokemon: 20
    4 Ralts (Hypnoblast)
    4 Kirlia (3 Life Drain/1 Super Psy)
    3 Gardevoir
    2 Gardevoir ex
    3 Wynaut
    2 Chansey ex
    2 Wobbuffet

Energy: 18
    18 Psychic

Trainers: 22
    4 Professor Birch
    4 Wally's Method
    3 Potion
    3 Oran Berry
    3 Switch
    3 Energy Switch
    2 Lanette's Net Search

Alright, so what did I do? Well, I focused instead of discarding the energy and reabsorbing it with Mewtwo, I am going with a heavier line of Gardevoir itself. Chansey ex seems almost worth sacrificing for two prizes with 2-3 Gardevoir out. I mean. Attaching 3-4 Energy cards per turn to different Pokemon, then using Chansey to heal the Bench. Energy Switch can just be strategic gold (as NoPoke pointed out earlier), and Switch is just so nice with only one retreat per turn and like no free retreaters anyways. I upped Wobbuffet to 2 as well because of the high Gardevoir ex deck usage. Basically vs Mirror Match, you play chess. As keep in mind vs Mirror you are helping the opponent's Gardevoir ex by building up your own Pokemon. It becomes strategic. Wobuffet is a nice touch, especially since I am using high Wynaut anyways.

Now, my trainers. I went with more healing. I also prefer Wally's Method to Lanette's Net Search. Net Search is nice for pulling Chansey and a random Psy Poke. However when it comes to what Supporter to use, I would rather have the evolution in hand, especially with two different types of Gardevoir in this deck. I am still testing 4/2 Wally/Lanette vs 3/3. Again, here is the ideal situation:

Wynaut/Net Search/Method 2-3 Kirlia to 1-2 Gardevoir and 1 Gardevoir ex. You then Psyshadow as you see fit and heal with Berries or Potions or even Chansey ex. With 10 energy in total play, the game should pretty much be academic. I mean, your opponent is helping you as well. Chansey stalls and or cleans. You have it all. And that's what I like about this deck. It's offensive, defensive, manipulative, and strategic. Not to mention has comeback potential with Life Drain Kirlia. This deck IS the best deck in EXON.

Whaddya think?

~Jim Ferrell

Last edited: Sep 27, 2003
  8. Dek

Dek New Member

No offense, but you got 4 Ralts, 4 Kirlia, and FIVE Gardevoir cards? My suggestion is:

-1 Gardevoir
    +1 Wobbuffet- SS

As we all know, Pokemon-ex cards might be the next big thing in decks (Especially Wailord ex), so I think you need a little more protection

9. HYPER EEVEE

HYPER EEVEE Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

10. Pooka

Pooka Master Trainer

Hey, Jim. This deck is easily the most dominant in RS-On. It cannot be stopped. Here's my version...

Pokémon 19

4 Ralts (Hypnoblast is obv the best)
    4 Kirlia (2 Life Drain, 2 Super Psy)
    4 Gardevoir (2 Regular, 2 ex)
    3 Wynaut
    3 Wobbuffet
    1 Mewtwo ex/Dunsparce

Trainers 21

4 Birch
    3 Wally's Method
    3 Potion
    3 Oran Berry
    3 Switch
    3 PokéNav
    2 Energy Switch
    1 Lanette's Net Search

Energy 20

20 Psychic

Delcatty is not needed. At all. Wynaut replaces it. Wobbuffet is SO good. Even if it's only used for stalling, it's such a good card. Anyway, you get it. Good luck with this; I know we'll be seeing a lot more of this deck in the future...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.