Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

PTCGO on a Tablet

tinox6

Hey everyone, I'm considering purchasing a tablet, and it's going to be important to me to play PTCGO. Is it compatible with any tablets? If not, will it be soon? I'll keep my laptop if I have to, but it'd be nice to play on a tablet. Thanks for your help.

In current form, your best bet would be a Windows 8 tablet (NOT RT). Since it runs full windows, you'll get full use of the app.

In current form, your best bet would be a Windows 8 tablet (NOT RT). Since it runs full windows, you'll get full use of the app.

Win8 tablet sales jump 30% in Q3. Pokemon blamed. [/dumbjoke]

Win8 tablet sales jump 30% in Q3. Pokemon blamed. [/dumbjoke]

heh, I hated on the Surface for a while (MS sent us one to develop on). Pulled it out a month ago because someone wanted to see. After a few software updates, it was actually kinda nice.

Still think its kinda silly that with the increased popularity of tablets & smartphones that this game is only for PC/Mac.

Still think its kinda silly that with the increased popularity of tablets & smartphones that this game is only for PC/Mac.

Whats even sillier is that Nintendo themselves have 2 consoles with touch screens (Wii U and 3DS) that would be perfect for a PTCGO app or full access to the game. Heck, they both even have built in cameras to scan codes in too.

If they create a Linux version, you can root an Android tablet to dual boot into Linux, otherwise Windows 8 PRO (cannot stress this enough, it MUST BE PRO, NOT RT!!!) is going to be your best (read: only) bet.

Well PTCGO is up and running on the Acer tablet with windows 8 pro! Because it's a touch screen, some of the controls are difficult to manage and I woul drecommend a stylus or bluetooth mouse to make life easier. Thanks again everyone!

Well PTCGO is up and running on the Acer tablet with windows 8 pro! Because it's a touch screen, some of the controls are difficult to manage and I woul drecommend a stylus or bluetooth mouse to make life easier. Thanks again everyone!

Good stuff! Glad it worked for you

Congratulations!
You should send one my way now :p

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Make that 3 Consoles (with the announcement of the 2DS).
If you haven't heard the 2DS is basically the 3DS without 3D and it won't have the folding screens.

Back