"Pull down" Your Opponent's Pokemon Pants (E-on)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by TrueGamerX, Apr 10, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrueGamerX

TrueGamerX New Member

I'll go ahead and redo this thread and make a Omastar deck instead.
    So let's break it down...
    Kabutops EX is fast, and very powerful but like everyone has been telling me, it relies on flips. I mean you get set up fast and then you only do 40 damage by using a boost. Today I faced a Sceptile EX deck which wiped out my K-Tops EX and even Wobbuffet couldn't come back because Sceptile would do the first attack to heal himself constantly every turn until I was gone. So Omastar seems to be really good, from a number of decks that I have seen. Omanyte with 70 HP ain't that bad compared to the weak Kabuto and to other high HP pokemon. And Omastar with both it's attacks getting rid of the Evolution and doing "guaranteed" damage with a great amount. The other Omastar seems to be good too to block evolution, but I don't know if I should add one in.
    So here is my first stab at a Omastar deck...

Pokemon: 20
    4 Buried Fossil
    3 Omanyte SS
    3 Omastar SS
    2 Delcatty
    2 Skitty
    2 Wobbuffet SS
    2 Dunsparce
    2 Ditto SK

Trainers: 22
    4 Potion
    4 Oracle
    4 Oak's Research
    3 TV Reporter
    2 Warp Point
    2 Switch
    2 Underground Lake
    1 Town's Volunteers

Energy: 18
    4 Double Rainbow Energy
    2 Multi
    4 Psychic
    8 Water

My question is, would DRE make this deck even better to speed up the damage?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2004
  2. Masamune156

Masamune156 New Member

You moght think me crazy, but Omastar goes well with Kabutops EX. I have a thread here somewhere that got no replies.

3. TrueGamerX

TrueGamerX New Member

I remember your thread, and it seems like an great idea. But why not try Omastar with Delcatty or something like that. So it would be the Sandstorm Omastar but would DRE go good with it?

4. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

Well see omastar is a good pokemon but you need a big attacker that can actually kill other pokemon not just devolve them. Kabutops EX is a great idea.

5. TrueGamerX

TrueGamerX New Member

But Kabutops EX relies too much on flips. Don't get me wrong it's good but I don't know :(

Also Omastar's first attack does help out a lot when getting rid of bench or active pokemon that are weak and you can go ahead and devolve to get some extra prizes. Sounds really fun to try out.

6. Masamune156

Masamune156 New Member

I use Kabutops EX with it because of how well the 2 cards play together. And with the Boost Energy you can do some good damage fast.

Not sure about DRE though.

7. kay I used to play Omastar/Cradily and your Omastar line is alot like mine was.1st off take out Dunsparce Omanyte fills your bench Dunsparce is just blocking up room.Take out one BFossil only 3 is needed.I have never tried this deck with Delcatty before how does it work?

8. TrueGamerX

TrueGamerX New Member

Delcatty simply likes gets the DRE nrg that you might need. But the Cradily combo sounds good too.
    So take out Dunsparce?

Here's a update list with SS Steelix. SS Steelix's second attack is real good since you can weaken all the opponents pokemon. And Steelix wouldn't have a problem going up against Sceptile EX that might be a threat.

Pokemon: 21
    3 Buried Fossil
    3 SS Omanyte
    3 SS Omastar
    2 SS Onix
    2 SS Steelix
    2 Skitty
    2 Delcatty
    3 Dunsparce
    1 SK Ditto

Trainers: 22
    4 Oracle
    3 Oak's Research
    3 TV Reporter
    3 Potion
    2 Warp Point
    2 Switch
    2 Underground Lake
    2 PETM
    1 Town's Volunteers

Energy: 17
    4 Double Rainbow Energy
    3 Metal
    2 Multi
    8 Water

9. Since you have 2 Delcattys I would suggest 2 Town Volunteers.Here is my fix if you want to keep Steelix.

Pokemon
    -3 Dunsparce
    +1 Onix
    +1 Steelix
    +2 Wobbuffet

Trainers
    -2 Warp Point
    +1 Town Volunteers
    +1 PETM
    Waht does this Underground Lake do?

Energy
    -4 DRE
    +2 Multi

10. TrueGamerX

TrueGamerX New Member

It's the Underground Lake + TV Reporter combo. Underground Lake says whenever you have a Omanyte or Kabuto in your discard pile put it on to your bench. So use TV Reporter, discard Omanyte, and put it on the bench without using Mysterious or Buried Fossil.
    So thats a possible first turn Omanyte. Nice :)

Steelix might be a little slow getting setup. Kabutops EX could work with it since there are a lot of ways to integrate between them.

11. Another reason to not use DRE in these kindof decks.It makes alot pf your evos basic.

12. The_Matrix999

The_Matrix999 New Member

Well heres my idea to combine the kabutops ex and omastar its purely speed and if you dont like it thats ok its just an idea of a deck i've been testing with

Pokemon:19
    4 Buried Fossil
    2 SS Omanyte
    3 SS Omastar
    1 SS Kabuto
    2 Kabutops Ex
    2 Skitty
    2 Delcatty
    3 Dunsparce

Trainers: 23
    2 Oracle
    4 Oak's Research
    3 TV Reporter
    2 masterball
    1 crystal shard
    4 rare candy
    3 Switch
    2 mysterious fossil
    1PETM
    1 Town's Volunteers

Energy: 18
    3 boost
    15 Water

thats faster IMO and tops EX gets the KO's that you NEED. that with Omastar de -evolving is good. plus, omastars attack its good as well. also both cards benefit from boost energy.

13. TrueGamerX

TrueGamerX New Member

Ok heres another decklist with Kabutops EX and Omastar. Should the Kabutops EX be a 2/2 line or have the Omaster having the 2/2 line?

Pokemon: 20
    4 Buried Fossil
    2 Omanyte SS
    2 Omastar SS
    2 Kabuto SS
    2 Kabutops ex
    2 Wobbuffet
    2 Delcatty
    2 Skitty
    2 Ditto SK

Trainers: 23
    4 Oak's Research
    3 Oracle
    3 TV Reporter
    3 Potion
    2 Master Ball
    2 Warp Point
    2 Underground Lake
    2 Mysterious Fossil
    1 PETM
    1 Town's Volunteers

Energy: 17
    3 Boost
    3 Multi
    11 Water

*Me and Matrix posted at the same time!!! LOL

Thx Matrix I'll try out some of the things you have. Nice decklist.

14. Omastar lines should always be 3-3-3.4-2-2 wont work as you will see.

15. TrueGamerX

TrueGamerX New Member

Ok APT, the 3-3-3 line sounds better.
    So -1 Buried Fossil, -1 Water, +1 Omanyte +1 Omastar

16. Yah that seems good also -1Water +1Multi.

17. TrueGamerX

TrueGamerX New Member

Crystal Shards would most likely help out. So you could take out 1 PETM, 1 Mysterious Fossil, and put in about 2 Crystal Shards. They would take care of that Water Resistance that Sceptile has and get rid of Rayquaza with ease.

18. Oh yeah or even better in the set Crystal Shard came out I think they made a whole bunch of them that turn your pooemon in to other types to.If you can find the one wich changes you into fire you can quikly end the match battling Sceptile.Omastar only needs an 1 extra (W) energy to nock out Energy Trance Sceptile.2 extra (W) energy to knock out Lizard Poisen Sceptile.2 shots with 1 or 2 extra energy to nkock out SceptileEX.

19. ToneDawg

ToneDawg New Member

If you put Boost in there, you could add like 1 AeroEX just to come out in one turn and Boost him to knock out a Rey EX in one shot. Just a thought. At least, I think that works...

Last edited: Apr 15, 2004
  20. TrueGamerX

TrueGamerX New Member

Thats a good idea, but remember the deck has Crystal Shard to be attached to Omastar or K-Tops EX with a Boost.
    APT, I looked in the set and the cards your talking about are those Miracle Spheres, Delta, Gamma etc. which add an extra attack to specific pokemon like Water, Fire etc. But some of those Technical Machines are pretty good, thx for the tip APT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.