Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pull Rates for Boundaries Crossed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if anyone from TPCI will answer this, but it is worth a try. What are the pull rates going to be for the Boundaris Crossed Booster Boxes? Is it going to be the standard 2 regular EX / 1 FA EX. The main reason why I would like to ask is because we are getting the introduction of Ultra Rare Supporter cards and Ace Specs into the formula, and I would be highly interested into seeing whether these will be in the same range of chase cards as the EX's, or if they will be in two separate ranges of chase cards, similar to Prime and Legend cards?

As a competitive player looking at buying boxes, they're worth it to me if I can expect on average 3 EX's per a box, including the FA's, but not worth it to me if I could end up with boxes that are something like EX, FA Supporter, Ace Spec for my ultra rare cards.

I think it would be a great benefit to both the players and the company itself if they could address this before the set's release. A non-answer would personally lead me to choosing to buy singles on the secondary market instead of primarily buying the product, as I wouldn't want to take the gamble of possibly getting only 1 EX per a box, because those are the chase cards I want from my boxes primarily, not reprinted supporters.

I'm pretty sure FA Cheren and Bianca will have some pretty serious trade value, seeing as they are still quite valuable supporters in the format and apparently will continue to be for a while.

FA Darkrai and Mewtwo are still quite valuable as well. The comparison isn't really exact, but I figure it's helpful at least.

We won't know until the set drops. Until then, be patient, grasshopper.

As far as I know, there has never been an official answer, because there is no guaranteed "pull rate" from a box or case.

You are only GUARANTEED 360 cards in any box. Im speculating however its gonna be 3 total ex, 1 ace spec and 1 full art supporter.

maybe there is a chance that that you get an FA supporter over an FA EX and ace specs will be be like a 2nd shiny, with only a chance to get one in your box

If they ban old print runs of Computer Search and the Ace Spec is less than 1/box, it will probably end up priced up there with Uxie X, Luxray GL Lv. X, and all the other game killers. If we're actually looking at 1 per 2 CASES or so for a Computer Search...I could see $200 card. I really hope they don't do that to the game; it's really going to hurt the image of competitive Pokemon, after so much work to rebuild it post-SP. As much as I LOVED the SP format for how it played, it was really inaccessible and expensive - a lot of players hated it only for the fact that they couldn't afford to play competitive.

I heard from a friend of a friend of a PTO that this time 1/8192 boxes will contain only 30 packs, but every card in that pack will be an Ultra-Rare or Secret Rare!!!

/RUMORHASIT

I just hope the pull rates are more consistent than Dragons Exalted's were. I am so bitter over opening two boxes and getting no FAs.

I'm still not sure why we're assuming Ace Specs are going to be ultra rare. Were they ultra rare in Japan?

I'm still not sure why we're assuming Ace Specs are going to be ultra rare. Were they ultra rare in Japan?

They were the same rarity as non-FA EXs in Japan. I don't remember the exact ratio, but sometimes you could get one more Ace Spec in place of a non-FA EX (or the other way around).

Itd be nice to see something like-

4-6 EX/Ace per box
1-2 of those FAs
2 Secret Rares

8 packs in the box contain Super(EX?),Ultra, and Secret Rares.

If only......

I'd like

2 Ace Specs per box (replaces 2 holo rares)
4-6 Pokemon EX
2 FA Pokemon EX
1 Secret Rare

Now, I'm not being greedy or anything but I went to my card shop today and bought the last 20 packs from the Dragons Exalted box and pulled no EX Pokemon or Secret Rares. Money I won't get back.

This way, us players can buy from a box and get great pulls. I think 1 in every 6-8 packs should have a EX, so you get at least 4 in a box. There also needs to be 1 Full Art every 18 packs (36 pack box). There also needs to be 1 Secret Rare in every box. not every 3. If TPCi cared, they would make it happen.

Seeing as you can only have one in a deck? 2 might be a *bit* much. One per box will be just fine.

Seeing as you can only have one in a deck? 2 might be a *bit* much. One per box will be just fine.

Other than the fact that there is only one that people are really interested in. And a second one that might be fun... after you already have your first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back