Question about DP

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by BloodDraek, May 21, 2008.

1. BloodDraek

BloodDraek New Member

For the DP tourney showdown thingy I am debating between 2 pokemon to be my staller

Blissey or Umbreon

I saw my bro get pwned by Umbreon on wi-fi and it used really just toxic and stalled. It never died.

However I could also use Blissey (don't have seismic toss unfortunately)

What is your opinion and why?

2. Serebii1997J

Serebii1997J New Member

Well, I'm going to have to say Blissey. Sing, Toxic, Thunder Wave, Ice Beam.

3. vaporeon

vaporeon Moderator

Well, it really up to you. Both of them are weak to fighting but Blissey gets more attacks then Umbreon as a staller. I can give you a Blissey with ST if you want.

4. BloodDraek

BloodDraek New Member

Ok what will you trade it for

5. Azure Kite

Azure Kite New Member

A strong physical attack will take care of Blissey, but its still an amazing starter. Back when they had the GameStop DP tournaments, the guy who won the one near us totally spammed Blissey as an amazing staller.

6. Nightmare

Nightmare New Member

I hate to say it, but your bro was probably not very good...... Umbreon and Blissey are two Pokemon to generally be left alone in Double Battles.

I'd avoid both. Go for some utility Pokemon like Espeon (Reflect + Light Screen + Helping Hand and 350 Speed is nice)

-James

7. vaporeon

vaporeon Moderator

It does not matter.

8. Muscovy Level X

Muscovy Level X New Member

Leftovers would be a good item. See if you can get a seismic toss Blissey.

9. Jran Sakarra

Jran Sakarra New Member

Bliss is more of a pain.

10. Absoltrainer

Absoltrainer Active Member

Last I checked, rules do not ban Wobbs, so it does not get more stallier then that, although people might stone you if you use it....

11. CheeseEX

CheeseEX New Member

y did most pepole bann wobafet in there tornaments

12. BloodDraek

BloodDraek New Member

it never dies and has mirror move, the other move that sends back the opponents attack at double the power, and destiny bond

13. CheeseEX

CheeseEX New Member

how does it not die i beat a ton of wobly things

14. Alex

Alex New Member

It has massive Hp, which makes the following crimes possible:

1. It can take huge hits and suffer almost no severe HP loss.
    2. Given the leftovers item, this makes him even harder to kill.
    3. With countering moves such as counter and Mirror coat, it can survive the hit and nearly kill you by returning fire at 2x power.
    plus, if your opponent knows it's about to be KO'd, it can use destiny bond to K.O. you as well.

15. vaporeon

vaporeon Moderator

Well, thats true but Blissey falls under the same thing to. It can get Counter and deal back about 1000 damage. Leftovers plus Recovery, a wide range of stat inducing attack, a large range of Special Attack. Blissey's special attack is not to bad considering it can get Toxic or Thunder Wave and Seismic Toss. Blissey is just as broken as wobb. I just think people like to pick and choose and say no to one thing and let the other go by.

16. MegaVelocibot

MegaVelocibot <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

Mirror COAT. And Counter. And Encore through Wynaut.

17. EeveeLover929

EeveeLover929 New Member

Wobb is broken in so many ways it's not even funny. Massive HP, Counter and Mirror Coat, And like MegaVelocibot pointed out, Encore through Wobb. Do you even realize the win that is Encore on a Pokemon like Wobbufet? I admit, Blissey can get a little cheap, but it's also nowhere near the level of broken that Wobby is.

18. MegaVelocibot

MegaVelocibot <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

You usually don't even need the Encore. Just imagine the most common scenario:

Enemy Pokemon KOes your Pokemon, who has Choice *Item*
    Switch in Wobbuffet as new Active.
    Your opponent is locked into the move, can't switch out, and you choose the appropriate counter move to hurl back in their face.