Question About iPod & Youtube

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by AnimeDDR110, Mar 23, 2008.

1. AnimeDDR110

AnimeDDR110 New Member

What's the easiest way to get Youtube videos on your iPod?

2. secretsof2113

secretsof2113 Moderator Trader Feedback Mod

I'm pretty certain you would need a converter program that turns Youtube videos into the proper format. I know they have free converters online.

3. The King Of Magikarps

The King Of Magikarps Active Member

There really isn't a easy way to do it.

4. drmario

drmario New Member

The easiest way to do it is to buy an iPod touch and watch the youtube videos from the youtube app, but that requires you to buy a new iPod and it only works if you have a wifi connection.

5. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

I used to have a program on my computer that when you put the URL of the video into it, the program would download AND convert it to iPod format.... but last few times I tried to use it, it didn't work :frown:. I have suspicions that Youtube took action to stop it or something. But there are other similar programs, you just need to search, however I'm not sure if they work anymore either. Good luck!

6. Chairman Kaga

Chairman Kaga Active Member

It's quite easy, actually. I've been doing it for a long time.

First, use KeepVid to get the original movie. You feed it the URL from YouTube, and it gives you back the video in flv (Adobe Flash Video) format.

Then, find something to convert the flv to mp4. Personally I use ffmpeg because it's free and I'm a command-line nerd. For conversion for iPod I use this:

Code:
    ffmpeg -i foo.flv -f mp4 -b 1024k foo.mp4